Central Indiana
    46134618_1999018233480377_2100386673014603776_n.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This is about four minutes long. A teacher punished for being moral and respectful. This is the insanity of the left, and illustrative of the cultural rot they promote. Click to play.

[video=facebook_share;1210900129072626]https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/videos/1210900129072626/[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is really difficult to push back against 8 hours a day of indoctrination with a few minutes at the dinner table.

I am not saying it cannot be done, just an up hill battle.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is about four minutes long. A teacher punished for being moral and respectful. This is the insanity of the left, and illustrative of the cultural rot they promote. Click to play.

[video=facebook_share;1210900129072626]https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/videos/1210900129072626/[/video]
    Why do these people video themselves in cars‽

Either drive the car and put the damn phone away, or go inside... and take your sunglasses off.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    That's depressing.

When my son started HS, Clinton was President. Goals 2000 started and his HS adopted the program. We had parent/school meetings and the school later stopped - for a while. Goals 2000, if you remember, was basically this:

Students would come to class and sit at a table with about 6-8 other student. This was your group, for the entire day. Classes were taught and the "group" worked together. You had extremely bright students in the group along with low achieving students, in the same group. Individual grades did not exist; only "group" grades. If you had slackers, it brought the grade down....as well if you had all high achievers, the group had good grades. Imagine HS like this and your child his a high achiever and is looking for scholarships for college. Imagine the low achiever, that has a major impact on your child's grade that impacts how college will look at them.

The school meetings were high energy to say the least and after some fighting, it was dropped. The above picture represents the mind set of Goals 2000, and in many areas today it still survives.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When my son started HS, Clinton was President. Goals 2000 started and his HS adopted the program. We had parent/school meetings and the school later stopped - for a while. Goals 2000, if you remember, was basically this:

Students would come to class and sit at a table with about 6-8 other student. This was your group, for the entire day. Classes were taught and the "group" worked together. You had extremely bright students in the group along with low achieving students, in the same group. Individual grades did not exist; only "group" grades. If you had slackers, it brought the grade down....as well if you had all high achievers, the group had good grades. Imagine HS like this and your child his a high achiever and is looking for scholarships for college. Imagine the low achiever, that has a major impact on your child's grade that impacts how college will look at them.

The school meetings were high energy to say the least and after some fighting, it was dropped. The above picture represents the mind set of Goals 2000, and in many areas today it still survives.

Sadly, if you replace student with employee and class with project, you have the nightmare that is working for a large corporation early in your career. When management becomes fixated upon numbers and diversity goals at the expense of skillsets it becomes even worse. Full disclosure: I have not lived this but work with many bright individuals that have and share the horror stories

This is not to say that there are not plenty of bright, diverse engineers; its to say that the first quality is more important than the second - but cue the accusations of racism and misogeny in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Sadly, if you replace student with employee and class with project, you have the nightmare that is working for a large corporation early in your career. When management becomes fixated upon numbers and diversity goals at the expense of skillsets it becomes even worse. Full disclosure: I have not lived this but work with many bright individuals that have and share the horror stories

I have shared that experience in my career much too often. I believe it is found in most companies, at every level.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Our youngest was in Cub Scouts and did the Pinewood Derby. His car wasn't particularly fast or interesting, and he didn't win any category. At the end he still got a trophy. Afterwards he asked us "Why did I get this? I didn't earn it." We had to explain the concept of participation trophy to him, and he was not happy. He tried to give it back. He determined to earn his from then on. We never had much success with fast, so he went for most creative and won first place 3 years in a row.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Our youngest was in Cub Scouts and did the Pinewood Derby. His car wasn't particularly fast or interesting, and he didn't win any category. At the end he still got a trophy. Afterwards he asked us "Why did I get this? I didn't earn it." We had to explain the concept of participation trophy to him, and he was not happy. He tried to give it back. He determined to earn his from then on. We never had much success with fast, so he went for most creative and won first place 3 years in a row.

:yesway:
    That's quite a kid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom