Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's a Russian immigrant, about 1 minute in

[video=youtube;5JxPY7r8oNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JxPY7r8oNo[/video]

That was powerful and a good reminder to all of us. It's unfortunate that those who need to hear that message are among the most likely to disregard it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    That's the problem. "WE" are not teaching our children. WE have decided to be their friends and have subcontracted teaching them to unionized government employees. Some are great. Many, many are quite liberal to start and go full leftist the longer they are in the union and the more involved they become in the union. All unions are not the same, but the teachers' unions are among the most left leaning.

Seeing who the education majors were in college told me all I needed to know.

Of course, with active parenting WE could erase the liberal seeds that they are attempting to plant in our children's minds or even reform our schools making them less likely to be liberal havens....but that takes too much work. I get it. We have TV shows to binge, video games to play and all kinds of other things to do rather that actively parent.
    17oprw.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    [video=facebook_share;1920629837992056]https://www.facebook.com/facesoflawsuitabuse/videos/1920629837992056/[/video]

We really need tort reform, but the slip-and-fall lawyer lobby is not about to let that happen. Click to play short video.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    We homeschool. It's about the ultimate act of rebellion.
    Absolutely! One of the greatest thing about homeschooling, IMHO, is that we teach our children to think, as opposed to just teaching them lists of ''facts'. We expose them to creation/evolution, communism/capitalism/feudalism, progressive/conservative/liberal worldviews, and help them think through them to develop solid critical thinking skills. The great thing is that as we teach, they challenge our beliefs and worldviews, providing a wonderful opportunity to refine and correct our beliefs and worldviews.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Absolutely! One of the greatest thing about homeschooling, IMHO, is that we teach our children to think, as opposed to just teaching them lists of ''facts'. We expose them to creation/evolution, communism/capitalism/feudalism, progressive/conservative/liberal worldviews, and help them think through them to develop solid critical thinking skills. The great thing is that as we teach, they challenge our beliefs and worldviews, providing a wonderful opportunity to refine and correct our beliefs and worldviews.

Yes. We have home schooled six children beginning in 1986, just finishing up. Proud of all of them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    4 kids homeschooled in the Hough household. 2 have graduated high school and are in college; one 8th grader, one 9th grader remain. The oldest boy is getting his bachelor degree in May after only 3 years. Unfortunately (for his Mom), he has 2 job good job prospects right now- one on the west coast, and one on the east coast. I don't think the home-schooling has slowed him down. Quite to the contrary.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    BS or BA? STEP or Gender Studies?

BS, Major- Information Systems, Minor- Entrepreneurial Management.

...but frankly, it doesn't matter what he majored in. This kid has a motor and he'll own a chunk of the world some day and it may or may not have anything to do with what he studied in college.

Y'know, there are non-STEM majors other than gender studies. This BA in Prelaw knows that much.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Have you not gone back and forth with me long enough to know that I enjoy yanking chains. All in fun.

I will never say this again and will deny it, if you repeat it. I have much respect for you and appreciate your take on many issues.

Now the next time you are taken aback by my post, please view it with this perspective.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fear not,my brother. You have brought them up in the fear and admonition of the L--D.

My first daughter went boy crazy when she was very young, and has caused us much heart ache. My other three daughters have been the opposite.

Number two did not date until she was in her twenties, met her husband, dated, married and are expecting their first.

Number three fell in love in high school married at 20 and has 2 boys.

They both are all members of a church a friend pastors.

Number three still lives at home, works and spends time with her girlfriends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom