Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    DvwmLma.jpg

Some background at the link.

An Anti-Violence Activist Shares Her Reason For Buying A Gun : NPR

When gun control hacks claim some people shouldn't have guns because they can't control their emotions, this is who they are talking about. Some of the comments this woman makes are disturbing.

I don't find them as disturbing as i find them truthful. Like ALL of us, she has thoughts that she hasn't acted on because she thought better of it. Considered the consequences.
    Like ALL of us, she has a threshold, past which she will not be pushed.

Perhaps because of her experience and circumstance, her threshold is a little lower than ours, but the kid with the BB gun and his high momma would have had a come to Jesus meeting with the local police in my world. In hers, they may blow her off entirely. At which point, my boundary might have caused an 18 yr old and his momma to have their mellow harshed in dramatic fashion.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Now my question is wasn't there a news or hollywood personality that said something similar?

I feel sorry for this stupid guy, he loses everything but the paid performer gets a pass.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm glad he had to close his deli, makes me warm and fuzzy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

If was the one dumb comment, then I'd almost disagree - I think the backlashing has gone too far.

However, it seems the guy has a history of this and what he said really reveals his true nature.... so let him fail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If was the one dumb comment, then I'd almost disagree - I think the backlashing has gone too far.

However, it seems the guy has a history of this and what he said really reveals his true nature.... so let him fail.

Well, even if it were just one comment. And I just wish people in society would quit being social police, just waiting to pounce on social offenders. It's kinda like with the denounce police who demand that you denounce every bad thing every person says, or you'll suffer the social consequences for it.

However. If it's karma, I'd say let karma work it's natural justice. I'm not going to sit on either sideline and cheer or jeer for the guy. But if a business owner decides to take a side on politics, and insults his own customer base in the process, he pretty much asked for what's coming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom