Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Admittedly there are a few people that are literally equipped in some fashion with both male and female reproductive parts. I seem to recall a controversy about a black runner a few years ago who dominated in women's running events despite having small internal testicles as well as some sort of vagina. Another example would be a person lacking natural reproductive parts entirely. So, with people such as these two examples, is their gender "intersex" "neither" "both" "it depends" or "it depends on the individual-in-question's opinion"? Honest question, I really don't know. If I'm understanding your view correctly though, you are saying genders are M, F, and intersex (which encompasses the both and neither options)? But if I'm interpreting your view correctly, might it also be possible that there are FOUR genders (M, F, both, and neither)?

I tend to think whatever the answer is, it doesn't really mean that there are more than two genders. Grossly simplifying, the options seem to me to be M, F, neither, or both (2 genders which generate 4 options of being). Not M, F, and W where W is a distinct third gender...and also not M, F, V, and G where V and G are distinct third and fourth genders, respectively.

I think this is a case where if it is "both" then it is "neither". But I think it is fair to say there are just two sexes. Intersex is very rare.

Identifying as anything but male or female is a social construct.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought I'd have to look up what that is. And then you linked it. Thanks.

It's amazing how often you've undoubtedly heard that scream, without ever recognizing that's you've literally heard it hundreds if not thousands of times without recognizing it's the same damn scream every-single-time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's amazing how often you've undoubtedly heard that scream, without ever recognizing that's you've literally heard it hundreds if not thousands of times without recognizing it's the same damn scream every-single-time.

Yeah. Now that it's named in my head I may actually recognize it in the future.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    DvwmLma.jpg

Some background at the link.

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/20/552418187/an-anti-violence-activist-shares-her-reason-for-buying-a-gun

When gun control hacks claim some people shouldn't have guns because they can't control their emotions, this is who they are talking about. Some of the comments this woman makes are disturbing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom