• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Not "sad but true" but the above toy posts had me finding this gem. Pretty cool 8 minutes of cool war related toys from the 50's and 60's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reeWHLqedIw

I had several of those! It got a little dusty in here when I started thinking about the sacrifices mom and dad made to get me stuff like that. I seriously doubt I appreciated it at the time. Thanks for sharing that video.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    20663883_1370702756372963_3249266508991860175_n.jpg

I don't know about "the biggest crime"*** but it's high up there.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I used to enjoy building my computers, but building a laptop or a tablet isn't really a home project I'm looking to get into (I'm sure there are sites dedicated to such things) and I haven't upgraded my desktop in....a long time (other than replacing a HDD). I think my job sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me, though, to be honest.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Uhhh... technically $3. Intersex is a real thing.

Admittedly there are a few people that are literally equipped in some fashion with both male and female reproductive parts. I seem to recall a controversy about a black runner a few years ago who dominated in women's running events despite having small internal testicles as well as some sort of vagina. Another example would be a person lacking natural reproductive parts entirely. So, with people such as these two examples, is their gender "intersex" "neither" "both" "it depends" or "it depends on the individual-in-question's opinion"? Honest question, I really don't know. If I'm understanding your view correctly though, you are saying genders are M, F, and intersex (which encompasses the both and neither options)? But if I'm interpreting your view correctly, might it also be possible that there are FOUR genders (M, F, both, and neither)?

I tend to think whatever the answer is, it doesn't really mean that there are more than two genders. Grossly simplifying, the options seem to me to be M, F, neither, or both (2 genders which generate 4 options of being). Not M, F, and W where W is a distinct third gender...and also not M, F, V, and G where V and G are distinct third and fourth genders, respectively.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Admittedly there are a few people that are literally equipped in some fashion with both male and female reproductive parts. I seem to recall a controversy about a black runner a few years ago who dominated in women's running events despite having small internal testicles as well as some sort of vagina. Another example would be a person lacking natural reproductive parts entirely. So, with people such as these two examples, is their gender "intersex" "neither" "both" "it depends" or "it depends on the individual-in-question's opinion"? Honest question, I really don't know. If I'm understanding your view correctly though, you are saying genders are M, F, and intersex (which encompasses the both and neither options)? But if I'm interpreting your view correctly, might it also be possible that there are FOUR genders (M, F, both, and neither)?

I tend to think whatever the answer is, it doesn't really mean that there are more than two genders. Grossly simplifying, the options seem to me to be M, F, neither, or both (2 genders which generate 4 options of being). Not M, F, and W where W is a distinct third gender...and also not M, F, V, and G where V and G are distinct third and fourth genders, respectively.

STOP IT. JUST STOP! AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIUGHH

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom