• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Comments are one thing, putting them into action quite another. He won't smooth this one over so easily.... well, he could arrange for a private meeting with the students and come out looking golden, but I doubt he'd do that.
    Oh, and I'm not sure what's implied by saying "Obama's secret service."

People who are getting tied up with him on issues are failing to understand that he represents the first shot in an extremely long time that someone from outside the republican or democrat base is actually having a chance of making it to the white house, when practically no one has been satisfied with either party's performance for the past couple decades.

He's the EFFECTIVE 3rd party vote, not the throw away.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does America being rich again have anything to do with Bernie?

Here, let me help you: Trump: My Plans Will Work Because America Will Be Rich Again

How long have you had these delusions?
    People who are getting tied up with him on issues are failing to understand that he represents the first shot in an extremely long time that someone from outside the republican or democrat base is actually having a chance of making it to the white house, when practically no one has been satisfied with either party's performance for the past couple decades.

Issues smissues. We don't care about no stinking issues. His armor. It glistens. Wrong he cannot do. Lies he cannot tell. Stink he cannot waft. He will make us great again. He will take from other countries and give to middle America. He will crush ISIS. He will bone Putin. The wall. He will build. The gate will be magnificent.

These are not empty claims. They are prophecy foretold of the great one. TRUMP! He is the god of polis. How can we not support him? How can we question his word when his honesty oozes from his very essence? Voting for someone else is adulterous.

It's true. I heard it on INGO.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Just out of curiosity, what is the total primary vote count for Trump, Clinton, and Sanders, through 4 states? How will those numbers look after tonight?

Trump is blowing the doors off of primary turnout so far. Where are all of these Clinton or Sanders votes to defeat Trump going to come from?

The usual sources...retired teachers, blacks, unions, unmarried women under 30, gray old lady cat-lovers, yadda yadda. They won't have a hard time coming up with them.

My question is - where can _any_ Republican come up with the votes to beat this coalition? Because the quantity of Republican voters participating, currently, just isn't getting the job done.

My long term fear (as opposed to short-term pants-wetting about Trump) is if the GOP doesn't figure this out, and start crafting policies to address disaffected, but potential Republican-voting citizens, the identity of our candidate won't matter. We'll be losing the entire country in the long run, anyway.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

You are absolutely 100% correct. Almost all of us are unsatisfied with either party's performance, and Trump would certainly be different. Don't you think it is reasonable that the next question should be whether he would be better or worse, lest we risk jumping from the frying pan into the fire? Perhaps his stance on issues would be an indicator of what he would be like and thus relevant to the discussion?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Running as a truther: Trump said he'll open up the 9/11 commission papers that are secret so people can know who "really" knocked down WTC

More on the rally yesterday: Trump orders Secret Service to remove black students from rally

And from CCN's poll:

Rubio 50
    Clinton 47

Cruz 49
    Clinton 48

Clinton 52
    Trump 44

But no, Trump is the only one that can save the rest of us plebeians.

Edit: And a reminder from earlier... You. Are. Being. Conned.

CcdvWwPW0AAwM96.jpg:small

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now hold on. My wife's great aunt was an old cat lover. She blindly pulled the "R" lever in every election. Had no cares about politics. Never paid attention. Just voted Republican. Every time.

The usual sources...retired teachers, blacks, unions, unmarried women under 30, gray old lady cat-lovers, yadda yadda. They won't have a hard time coming up with them.

My question is - where can _any_ Republican come up with the votes to beat this coalition? Because the quantity of Republican voters participating, currently, just isn't getting the job done.

My long term fear (as opposed to short-term pants-wetting about Trump) is if the GOP doesn't figure this out, and start crafting policies to address disaffected, but potential Republican-voting citizens, the identity of our candidate won't matter. We'll be losing the entire country in the long run, anyway.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's talking about taking from other countries. In other words, undoing the screwed up trade deals where we (the US) get bent over the rail. Renegotiating or undoing NAFTA.

Did you even read the article?

Not only that, but I've read his website, what he's said since September, and analyses of his plans.

They can't work like he says they will. It is pretty much that simple.

Take from China? Take what? Import tariffs on Chinese goods? First, there are legal issues with the president single-handedly doing that. It'll take help from Congress. Second, a spike in inflation during an economy that's lagging, is NEVER a good idea.

NAFTA has been in place since GHW Bush ("that giant sucking sound"). Several economic booms in that time period, but NOW we want to undo it? Where's Newt Gingrich when he can actually bring insight to something....

My friend, Trump's not distributing koolaid; people are drinking his snake oil.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I wish strait ticket voters would just stay home. Worthless.

Now hold on. My wife's great aunt was an old cat lover. She blindly pulled the "R" lever in every election. Had no cares about politics. Never paid attention. Just voted Republican. Every time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

The democrat primary turnout is way down so far. The republican primary turnout is way up. And while national polls are notoriously unreliable at this stage in the process, nationally and in the states that have already voted, Trump is winning all the demographic cohorts.

The people supporting, coming out to rallies, and voting for Trump aren't the typical, Republican base. The Trump "coalition" somewhat resembles the Reagan coalition, and reaches across the Republican-Independent-Democrat spectrum. Trump is also drawing from the typical Republican bases, taking Establishment votes from Rubio, and Evangelical/Conservative/TEA party votes from Cruz.

There is no Republican party inside the beltway. There is only the UniParty. The electorate is responding to that situation with anger, which is apparently being channeled as support for Trump. In that regard, Trump is reshaping the Republican party, and drawing in those disaffected, but potential Republican-voting citizens.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Immigration? That's all negotiable. I'm sure we'll come up with some common sense immigration control laws. Just like everything else

Trump: My immigration plans aren't set in stone - POLITICO

But please, let the rubes think he's going to build a magnificent wall paid for by Mexico... the height of which totally depends on the attitude of the Mexicans toward the hypothetical wall.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The democrat primary turnout is way down so far. The republican primary turnout is way up. And while national polls are notoriously unreliable at this stage in the process, nationally and in the states that have already voted, Trump is winning all the demographic cohorts.

The people supporting, coming out to rallies, and voting for Trump aren't the typical, Republican base. The Trump "coalition" somewhat resembles the Reagan coalition, and reaches across the Republican-Independent-Democrat spectrum. Trump is also drawing from the typical Republican bases, taking Establishment votes from Rubio, and Evangelical/Conservative/TEA party votes from Cruz.

There is no Republican party inside the beltway. There is only the UniParty. The electorate is responding to that situation with anger, which is apparently being channeled as support for Trump. In that regard, Trump is reshaping the Republican party, and drawing in those disaffected, but potential Republican-voting citizens.

15ehbvr.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    RCP has a cool, albeit not intuitive, interactive delegate calculator. Basically, you estimate what percentage each candidate will get in each state. Using broad brushstrokes and giving each candidate strong results in home states/regions, but more or less in line with the national polling, California probably puts Trump over the top in delegates and removes the risk of a brokered convention.

On the general current trajectory, Trump will be the nominee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom