• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This post likening Ted Cruz, a legitimate conservative candidate, to a whore, just further proves what this never ending GPIA diatribe is really about: it isn't about minting a real conservative candidate. Because Cruz is conservative.

It's just about getting a Republican who is sufficiently liberal on the right kinds of things to suit GPIA'S tastes.

Oh. My.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently a secret service agent choke-slammed a photographer at a Trump rally:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...er-tussles-with-security-guard-at-trump-rally

Also... What a repulsive thing to say. A generation that thinks their fortunes are divorced from their nation's:

Leslie Moonves on Donald Trump: "It may not be good for America, but it's good for CBS"

Edit: CNN poll - Nearly half of voters won't support Trump if he's the nominee.

CcZjmVBW8AQIbBp.jpg:large

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He did disavow Duke the day before the CNN interview. He says he didn't understand what was being asked due to a bad ear piece during the CNN interview. Then they apparently disavowed again on their FB and twitter accounts. He disavowed again this morning. Exactly what is it you need? As you know I am no Trump fan but sometimes this stuff gets so tedious.

View attachment 45576

Something to grasp

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I expect the top Libertarian Party candidate to hit double digits this year.

...The whores and politicians will cry out, 'save us!' And I'll look down and whisper... 'No.'

CcZtjbgUYAAAFg5.jpg:large

By double digits, I assume you mean, double their percentage from last election to 2%?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Should a govt be run like a business? Serious question.

That could be it's own topic. I think business and managerial skills definitely transfer from business to government. But government isn't a for profit business (at least it shouldn't be) and a government's priorities must often be quite different from a business's.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, first, business experience does not mean effective governing.

Second, effective business skills does not equate to "bringing jobs" to America.

Third, you do realize that several Trump brands use non-American labor, right? So, his actions reveal that he cares about the bottom line - as business people should. But, if he cared more about "bringing jobs" to America, do you think he could just make "millions" instead of "billions" and use US labor?

They all talk about jobs.

Here's the thing: the US president has VERY little control over employment. In fact, there's no control - only influence. He can't "bring jobs" to the US.

Well like I said (I'll repeat myself like Rubio :):), I can only vote for potential. Building a successful business is more impressive to me than yapping in the Senate. I know that it doesn't equate to bringing jobs to America, but it's a better background for it than running your mouth for a living. I also know that the President gets things done through influence, but that is not a ringing endorsement for Cruz or Rubio. Cruz is hated by just about everyone who has ever worked with him, and Rubio is showing himself to be just another establishment puppet.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Edit: CNN poll - Nearly half of voters won't support Trump if he's the nominee.

CcZjmVBW8AQIbBp.jpg:large

That not quite true. Its awful convenient if you don't report all the information from the poll.
    "BASED ON 227 REPUBLICAN/REPUBLICAN LEANING VOTERS NOT SUPPORTING DONALD
    TRUMP -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 6.5 PERCENTAGE PTS."

So what that's saying is of the 51% of voters polled that did not select Trump as their current candidate that half of those people would not support him if he becomes the nominee. So that really equates to 75% will support and 25% won't.

Here is a link to the full polling results:
    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/02/29/rel4a.-.2016.primaries.pdf

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    On a more serious note GP, I heard an individual on a talk show suggest something that would work in favor of your side of this disagreement. He suggested that Cruz should encourage his supporters in Florida to vote for Rubio and Rubio should encourage his supporters in Texas to vote for Cruz. Then they should both encourage their supporters in Ohio to vote for Kasich. Disregarding concerns about how effective such a mixed message would be to the rank and file, it seems that that strategem has potential to keep Trump from winning the nomination outright.

But I see it as kind of a variation of The Prisoner's Dilemma and requires too much trust by one for the other. Prolly not going to happen

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not completely, of course, but business standards like trimming excess expenditures, looking for efficient operating methods, and working within a budget certainly would help.
    I think business and managerial skills definitely transfer from business to government. But government isn't a for profit business (at least it shouldn't be) and a government's priorities must often be quite different from a business's.
    BTDT. They do not really transfer. At least not in my experience.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Highlights of Christie's conference today:

Christie shuts down Trump talk at press conference - POLITICO

Christie announced a nomination to the New Jersey Supreme Court, and only took questions about that subject. Anything about his support for Trump — who spent Sunday dealing with the fallout from his refusal to condemn the KKK — was ruled out.

In response to questions about Trump:

“No, I won’t permit you to. I told you that there’s going to be only on-topic questions today. So, permission denied,” Christie said.
    He silenced another reporter immediately afterward: “That’s an off-topic question. I think you understand that I’m answering on-topic questions today." Asked why he wouldn't take questions on anything else, Christie replied, "Because I don’t want to.”

When asked over the weekend about Trump's "wall"... even Christie has been conned by the con-man.

In an awkward interview Sunday with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Christie was presented repeatedly with his own critical statements about Trump and asked to explain some of his policies — such as how Trump would get Mexico to pay for the wall — and couldn’t.

The answer is, he will do it,” Christie said.

How?” Stephanopoulos pressed, using a device from Christie's previous critiques of Trump.

“The fact — the fact is that he's going to have to answer that question. And he will,” Christie responded.

HERP DERP THE WALL JUST GOT 10 FEET BIGGER DERRRRRP.

Edit: Trump now telling Rubio SuperPAC to pull more ads that tell the truth about Trump. Funny how he keeps doing that.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...arco-rubio-super-pac-ads-219987#ixzz41aoVkowV

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom