JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Cruz: Rubio would be better president than Trump | TheHill

Whatever happens today, it's the last day Rubio and Cruz can both be in the race. One way or the other, they have to work something out.

Don't know about that. I agree that they are too much alike, but I don't see any of the three sane ones to pull out if they win their own respective states. So, if they stay in, Trump doesn't win enough delegates and it comes down to the convention and two-man sack races will be held on consecutive Sundays until a candidate is chosen...

But then you'll have accusation of "stealing" from Trump. Ironically, now it's stealing, but in 2000 it was simply doing the right thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't know about that. I agree that they are too much alike, but I don't see any of the three sane ones to pull out if they win their own respective states. So, if they stay in, Trump doesn't win enough delegates and it comes down to the convention and two-man sack races will be held on consecutive Sundays until a candidate is chosen...

But then you'll have accusation of "stealing" from Trump. Ironically, now it's stealing, but in 2000 it was simply doing the right thing.

Cruz and Rubio both have reasonable arguments that they should be the one to stay in, but they both know it's over unless one drops out. I can't see Rubio dropping before Florida, though.

Wondering what a Cruz/Rubio, Rubio/Cruz ticket would look like competing against Trump...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Cruz and Rubio both have reasonable arguments that they should be the one to stay in, but they both know it's over unless one drops out. I can't see Rubio dropping before Florida, though.

Wondering what a Cruz/Rubio, Rubio/Cruz ticket would look like competing against Trump...

It seems like their playing a game of chicken. My hope is they both crash and Kasich goes onto victory.

This what I prefer my candidate to subscribe to:
    1Cgl7Ms.png

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

How so? In the 2000 primary, Bush won 85% of the delegates, 44 of 51 elections, and 62% of the popular vote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2000

The last time a Republican presidential primary resulted in a brokered convention was 1948.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nobody's getting out until it becomes winner-take all. If Cruz dropped now, it's possible Trump gains more from it than Rubio.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How so? In the 2000 primary, Bush won 85% of the delegates, 44 of 51 elections, and 62% of the popular vote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2000

The last time a Republican presidential primary resulted in a brokered convention was 1948.

I was referring to the general election in which it came down to court case.

My point is, it can't be "stealing" if it's following a prescribed procedure for determining a candidate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Sensible" is kinda subjective though. Ask the Trumpers. Ask the Clintonians. Cruzites. Sandernistas. Whomever. They'll all assure you that voting for their candidate is sensible.

It seems like their playing a game of chicken. My hope is they both crash and Kasich goes onto victory.

This what I prefer my candidate to subscribe to:
    1Cgl7Ms.png

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is a little off topic, but I wanted to smear Paul Ryan with this image from a past event he (gladly) attended.

pro-immigrant-event-in-chicago.jpg

**** the establishment.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wishful thinking.

Not according to the polls. Generally, Trump takes half of any candidate that drops out.

Of course, that was when Trump was at 35%, and Rubio/Cruz were at 20-25%. Those numbers may be different if Trump is at 50%, and Rubio/Cruz are at 15-20%.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is a little off topic, but I wanted to smear Paul Ryan with this image from a past event he (gladly) attended.
    Reported for attempting to smear someone not running with something 99% of INGOtarians can't read.

I consign thee to the authorities.

;)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I was referring to the general election in which it came down to court case.

My point is, it can't be "stealing" if it's following a prescribed procedure for determining a candidate.

Nothing was "stolen" in the 2000 general election, either. Bush won Florida - a win that was corroborated by every single one of the way-too-many recounts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nothing was "stolen" in the 2000 general election, either. Bush won Florida - a win that was corroborated by every single one of the way-too-many recounts.
    Exactly, there was a procedure and a legitimate outcome. Yet, even to this day you've got Algore supporters crying, "theft!". We've already got those pee-emptive shouts coming from Trumpers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom