• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Texas will be a huge test. Cruz needs to take Texas, where things are a bit confusing. They have a "graduated" system for the majority of their delegates.
    https://www.texasgop.org/wp-content...egate-Selection-Process-to-GOP-Convention.pdf
    Of the three delegates allocated for each of the 36 congressional districts (108 in total):

If a candidate receives a majority of the vote (more than 50%) in a congressional district that candidate is allocated all 3 of the district’s delegates
    If no candidate receives a majority in a congressional district, but at least one candidate receives 20% or more, the candidate with the most votes (plurality), receives 2 delegates and the next highest vote getter receives 1 delegate.
    If no candidate receives 20% in a congressional district, then the top 3 vote getters each receive 1 delegate.

So, if Cruz can get better than 50% in individual districts, he denies Trump those delegates. If he gets less than that, he'll probably have to concede at least 1 delegate.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    So Texas is probably going to be something like 72 for Cruz and 36 for Trump. The problem is all the other states where Trump is projected to come out on top. After tomorrow Trump will be on top and won't ever be passed by another candidate, at that point it will just be a matter if he can reach the 1,237 delegates or if its a brokered convention.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Donald Trump -- Chris Christie Endorses Him and Wrecks His Reputation

Trump...resembles a campus crybaby who has wandered out of his 'safe space'

Coburn endorses Rubio, slams Trump | News OK

Former U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn on Monday endorsed U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio for the GOP presidential nomination and said Donald Trump was "perpetuating a fraud."

What won't Trump do if he can't disavow the KKK? | Washington Examiner

Trump repeated Duke's name back to Tapper three times while answering the question... and still blamed his earpiece for not disavowing. Nonsense. He has since commented on Duke, but not KKK.

Ted Cruz: Donald Trump can't beat Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

If Trump were to clinch the nomination, Cruz believes the billionaire would "probably" lose to Clinton. Cruz said that Trump's past praise of Clinton, as well as his donation to the Clinton Foundation, would neutralize any GOP attacks against the former secretary of state.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And yes, Rubio made a dick joke. Gotta love it.

“He’s always calling me ‘Little Marco’ … and I’ll admit he’s taller than me, he’s 6’2″ which is why I don’t understand why he has hands the size of someone who’s 5’2″. Have you seen his hands? You know what they say about men with small hands,” Rubio said pausing for dramatic effect before adding, “You can’t trust them. You can’t trust them. You can’t trust them. All right? You can’t trust them.“

"Expert"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would usually find such a joke (small hands) a bit distasteful in a presidential campaign, but the Donald has brought the discourse to that level on his own.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting article, for several reasons.
    A Look Inside Trump's Global Deals Exposes Trouble in Many Spots - Bloomberg Politics

One, specifically, is that for at least some of his deals, it is a naming rights thing: he doesn't actually do anything other than allow his name to be used. He is a brand. He gets paid for someone else to use his name, but he doesn't actually do anything other than get paid to let someone use his name.

The GOP is getting ready to nominate a brand. United States of America: brought to you by Trump Enterprises.

Second, this:
    Trump acknowledged the difficulties from his campaign comments.
    "That’s one where running for president is a complicating factor," the billionaire said. “I have a problem because I have to do what I have to do."

Let that sink in a bit. "I have to do what I have to do." To do what? To achieve what he wants. He's willing to do anything.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting article, for several reasons.
    A Look Inside Trump's Global Deals Exposes Trouble in Many Spots - Bloomberg Politics

One, specifically, is that for at least some of his deals, it is a naming rights thing: he doesn't actually do anything other than allow his name to be used. He is a brand. He gets paid for someone else to use his name, but he doesn't actually do anything other than get paid to let someone use his name.

The GOP is getting ready to nominate a brand. United States of America: brought to you by Trump Enterprises.

Second, this:

Let that sink in a bit. "I have to do what I have to do." To do what? To achieve what he wants. He's willing to do anything.

As they say: once you've closed the deal, you don't have to kiss *** anymore. Wonder which position he'll take on ______ after he gets sworn in.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    New Yorkers know they're getting a democrat either way, now if everyone else could figure that out.

If that's the case, I'll take the democrat with a handgun license and business experience over the one who has vowed to ban guns and thinks that it's just fine to threaten our national security for her email convenience.

Face it. There aren't enough people who give a crap about Planned Parenthood and what people do with their ding-a-lings to elect someone like Cruz or Rubio.
    Bill Clinton was right at least once. "It's the economy, stupid." That is exactly why Trump is doing so well. All else is so much empty talk if Americans are losing their jobs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Bill Clinton was right at least once. "It's the economy, stupid." That is exactly why Trump is doing so well. All else is so much empty talk if Americans are losing their jobs.
    What has Trump done to make you think he will bring jobs? Not what he's said - all politicians say stuff - but what has he done?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What has Trump done to make you think he will bring jobs? Not what he's said - all politicians say stuff - but what has he done?

If he ran a hamburger stand that employed 5 people he would have more business experience than Cruz or Rubio. Trump knows the ins and outs of the business world. That's more valuable experience to me than a couple of lawyers who have done nothing but run their mouths for a living.

All Trump talks about is improving our trade relations with countries that are currently bending us over. All I can vote for is potential. I have no idea what any of them would ultimately do if they are elected, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the guy who talks about jobs than the ones who are more concerned with less pressing issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If he ran a hamburger stand that employed 5 people he would have more business experience than Cruz or Rubio. Trump knows the ins and outs of the business world. That's more valuable experience to me than a couple of lawyers who have done nothing but run their mouths for a living.

All Trump talks about is improving our trade relations with countries that are currently bending us over. All I can vote for is potential. I have no idea what any of them would ultimately do if they are elected, but I'm pretty sure I prefer the guy who talks about jobs than the ones who are more concerned with less pressing issues.

Should a govt be run like a business? Serious question.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If he ran a hamburger stand that employed 5 people he would have more business experience than Cruz or Rubio. Trump knows the ins and outs of the business world.
    Well, first, business experience does not mean effective governing.

Second, effective business skills does not equate to "bringing jobs" to America.

Third, you do realize that several Trump brands use non-American labor, right? So, his actions reveal that he cares about the bottom line - as business people should. But, if he cared more about "bringing jobs" to America, do you think he could just make "millions" instead of "billions" and use US labor?

They all talk about jobs.

Here's the thing: the US president has VERY little control over employment. In fact, there's no control - only influence. He can't "bring jobs" to the US.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I would usually find such a joke (small hands) a bit distasteful in a presidential campaign, but the Donald has brought the discourse to that level on his own.

It shows Rubio now has fallen under the influence of someone who is inducing him to change who he is, and say types of things he normally wouldn't.

So: whose puppeteer's hand is up his azz, now? Not a good sign, for someone trying to prove he won't just morph into another Establishment "tool."

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I expect the top Libertarian Party candidate to hit double digits this year.

...The whores and politicians will cry out, 'save us!' And I'll look down and whisper... 'No.'

CcZtjbgUYAAAFg5.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I got an email from Dr. Carson.
    Right now, we don't have the resources we need to compete in all 12 of the states set to vote.

This is our opportunity to break through and simply put, we can't afford come up short.

I fought the temptation to respond, "Probably better to drop out now."

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I expect the top Libertarian Party candidate to hit double digits this year.

...The whores and politicians will cry out, 'save us!' And I'll look down and whisper... 'No.'

CcZtjbgUYAAAFg5.jpg:large

This post likening Ted Cruz, a legitimate conservative candidate, to a whore, just further proves what this never ending GPIA diatribe is really about: it isn't about minting a real conservative candidate. Because Cruz is conservative.

It's just about getting a Republican who is sufficiently liberal on the right kinds of things to suit GPIA'S tastes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom