Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    *** PAGING Professor GPIAhrhunhurn.... you absolutely must do your 400-level computer science stuff to get the latest Paglia article in here. :)

It has a Trump-Oedipus (implied) reference. :) And if you think that's bad, she really goes after HRC - including the phrase "Maternal Tit daubed in wormwood." :D

It’s not about sexism: Camille Paglia on Trump, Hillary’s “restless bitterness” and the end of the elites

The Hillary acolytes are joined at the hip to “her”, the Great Leader Who Needs No Name, the Maternal Tit daubed in wormwood, the bitter toxin left by men–those spoilers of the universe who created the master structures of modern civilization that provide us put-upon gals with jobs, transportation, abundant food, clean water, housing, electricity, and a magical disease-spurning municipal sewage system that only men seem required to clean and repair.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Chip and Indiucky are both smart guys. But smart people can be mistaken. Neither of them are like Vote Trump guy (and his gang) in that Cruz video. Him (and they) are both mistaken and apparently not very smart. Unlike some here, I will not paint with a brush broad enough to lump both groups together.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My white whale for the past few months of this campaign has been that latter point... "easily manipulated". I continually find it near impossible to understand why they seem to accept what he says without skepticism... especially given how shaky he is with all of his positions. Leaving out his history entirely... his paper-thin adherence to positions requires responsible voters to question how sincere he is.

Or, maybe, the unknowns are understood to be the risks that they are - but some are choosing the risk of the unknown over the known risk of Hillary.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    As evidenced by your votes for Romney, McCain,.... Dole.... :D

Hey, I'm not the one that called you unwashed masses. :D

And to soften the butthurt, it isn't that you may not be smart, it is just that chip is smarter. You're both pretty in your own way. Special. Like a snowflake.

Uh, you've all seen my picture. I'm not sure "pretty" is a term I would choose as a descriptor...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Or, maybe, the unknowns are understood to be the risks that they are - but some are choosing the risk of the unknown over the known risk of Hillary.

I'd be alright with that explanation if... leading up to him being the candidate... they didn't defend every swap he made, and attack the other candidates instead.

There are some here that will support him because he's not Hillary. There are also those that actively supported him from the beginning. I blame the latter for the situation we're in.

I also notice some of those same people trying to play it off like "Oh, well he's our only choice now, so... as long as it's not Hillary!" No, that's not OK. They pushed for him, they shot down criticism. They should be made to own it. Those people I'll never respect again.

But back to what you said - If it's a "lesser evils" thing... that's excusable. Not that anyone here needs my excusing.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Chip and Indiucky are both smart guys. But smart people can be mistaken. Neither of them are like Vote Trump guy (and his gang) in that Cruz video. Him (and they) are both mistaken and apparently not very smart. Unlike some here, I will not paint with a brush broad enough to lump both groups together.

As a Trump supporter, that Vote Trump guy made me cringe in many places. It was like supporting Hillary just because she's a woman. THE opposition to your candidate approaches you, and you have nothing interesting to say to them worth arguing? While it was a dumb move on Cruz's part, it made us all look bad. I would have had a laundry list of problems to discuss. According to Ted's Twitter that guy was an Ohio plant.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ......my interest in the 2016 race is all but gone. It's Trump v Clinton. Nothing I can do to change that

You made this statement less than 24 hours ago. Since then you have made 12 posts about Trump in this thread alone.
    Lots of effort to tear Trump down for someone who supposedly "doesn't care now."
    Not a peep about Hillary.
    Hmmm.......

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You made this statement less than 24 hours ago. Since then you have made 12 posts about Trump in this thread alone.
    Lots of effort to tear Trump down for someone who supposedly "doesn't care now."
    Hmmm.......

Hillary's been his man all along. It's no secret.
    I just don't understand why he would campaign for her in the Republican thread on a gun forum. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, because no Republican Primary thread would be complete without a full assessment of HRC's campaign.....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm.......

I'll break one of my rules and respond to this.

Apathy and disinterest in this campaign have nothing to do with my interest in posting links to articles on INGO. I don't care about this campaign anymore. There's nothing left in it for me. However, I do still like having discussions with those that are good at having discussions with. Those people are participating in this thread above you.

If you want to join my stalkers (people overly interested in my posts and me, rather than what's posted), get in line.

You wouldn't be the first to allude to me supporting Hillary. It's getting dull and childish. This is the GOP race thread. Because I don't support your daddy, doesn't mean I support his opponent.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You wouldn't be the first to allude to me supporting Hillary. It's getting dull and childish. This is the GOP race thread. Because I don't support your daddy, doesn't mean I support his opponent.

Then stop doing it. And that is precisely what it means and even you should know this.
    Just pull out your calculator. It's grade school math.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'll break one of my rules and respond to this.

Apathy and disinterest in this campaign have nothing to do with my interest in posting links to articles on INGO. I don't care about this campaign anymore. There's nothing left in it for me. However, I do still like having discussions with those that are good at having discussions with. Those people are participating in this thread above you.

If you want to join my stalkers (people overly interested in my posts and me, rather than what's posted), get in line.

You apparently don't know the meanings of the words "apathy" and "disinterest." People who don't care about something don't spend hours of their life posting about it. You said it yourself, it's over. It's Trump vs. Hillary. This is a Republican primary thread. What's left to discuss, unless you just can't get enough Trump bashing?

You just like to post links? Yeah. And I read Playboy for the articles. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom