• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As evidenced by your votes for Romney, McCain,.... Dole.... :D

Hey, I'm not the one that called you unwashed masses. :D

And to soften the butthurt, it isn't that you may not be smart, it is just that chip is smarter. You're both pretty in your own way. Special. Like a snowflake.

Brother I must have misunderstood your quote...My butt does not in any way hurt.....I am a Trump supporter because I love good politics...Trump vs Hillary will keep me entertained....I am so stoked I can barely hide my glee....

What really got me to think about backing Trump was when Huffington Post said they were going to put his campaign in the entertainment section...And that night I got to see all of the smug talking heads from the east and west coasts chuckling over this.....

It was that moment when I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if????"

And now I got my "Wouldn't it be funny if?"....And it is funny......A large mass of what the media tells me are "stars" are threatening to move to Canada if Trump wins...Hillary is going on national TV saying "The whole world wants her to beat Trump"......I think it's funny...I like underdogs and Trump has been an underdog since the get go...Maybe I just want someone who isn't going to use politics as a springboard to get rich??? Maybe I will pull for a Libertarian candidate if they can get one better than the last yahoo they ran...It's going to be great TV that is for certain....:)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, here we go. House Speaker Paul Ryan (a Republican) is saying that at this point he can't support Trump, according to Yahoo news.

Says Trump needs to do more to unify the party.

I'm wondering if this is his first step toward the shining armor. I mean, really, what could Trump do to unify the party? Anything he says is unlikely to be believed by some/most of us who are now disillusioned. Ryan is asking him to unring a bell.

Now, maybe he just wants Trump to take the actions, regardless whether they are effective. I guess that would make sense. In a way, he's putting Trump in his place within the party. If Trump appears to act the part of unifier, it then looks like Ryan is calling the shots to some extent. If Trump pushes back, then Ryan is justified in withholding support.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You see, something's going to happen.

Honestly, at this point, I think that whatever the GOPe does will just make it worse. They should stay the hell out, let whatever happens happen, and look to 4 years from now.

The principled thing would be to tell Republicans to continue to vote their conscience - with their dollars and their ballots. Support Trump, don't support Trump, but just make an informed choice. Tell that to their donors. Express personal opinions that this has been terribly divisive, and we're not sure how it'll turn out, but in the end, all Americans will come together to support the next president.

Take a rhetorical knee for this cycle.

Dont change the convention rules, don't change anything else structurally.

Trump wins, great. HRC wins, BTDT ideologically.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You made this statement less than 24 hours ago. Since then you have made 12 posts about Trump in this thread alone.
    Lots of effort to tear Trump down for someone who supposedly "doesn't care now."
    Not a peep about Hillary.
    Hmmm.......

Congratulations! You can now be chastized for attacking 'the man' (GPIATM) instead of spending your time defending Trump from all the attacks on his character ( containing the implied subtext that you are a zombie accolyte of Baron Trumpedi, gullible, and not very sophisticated or bright) and steadfastness
    (involving calling into question anything he's ever said, no matter how long ago) while ignoring some things ( because they make him look better ) and simply not countenancing other candidates 'flexibility' on issues like amnesty/path to citizenship and TPP ( because it would be embarassing and true, but of a style of argumentation labeled 'but Bush' that has been branded unacceptable )

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This thread can be summed up by 1 image.

0Zhub4B.png

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Chip and Indiucky are both smart guys. But smart people can be mistaken. Neither of them are like Vote Trump guy (and his gang) in that Cruz video. Him (and they) are both mistaken and apparently not very smart. Unlike some here, I will not paint with a brush broad enough to lump both groups together.

You apparently don't know the meanings of the words "apathy" and "disinterest." People who don't care about something don't spend hours of their life posting about it. You said it yourself, it's over. It's Trump vs. Hillary. This is a Republican primary thread. What's left to discuss, unless you just can't get enough Trump bashing?

You just like to post links? Yeah. And I read Playboy for the articles. :):

I think I'm in a similar mood as GPIA, except that the apathy I have isn't for the campaign, it's for the candidates left in the race. I'm a political junkie with opinions so it'd be hard for me not to be interested, or to have opinions about what's posted.

But I really don't believe Trump can beat Hillary. Too many demographic problems. Best he can hope for is that women, blacks, and Latinos stay home in high numbers. And the only thing that gives me a preference between the two anyway is the off chance that Trump might nominate a pro 2A justice instead of his sister. In his "pivot", if he says stuff that makes me think he'll nominate another progressive activist, I'll drop him like a used rubber and vote 3rd Party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To the #neverTrump and #alwaysTrump people, it's interesting that the tables have turned from 2012. Many of you #neverromney guys who refused to vote pragmatically to defeat Obama, are now using the exact arguments that the other side used then. You know who you are. I'm sure you recognize the words because you're hearing the #nevertrumpers use many of the exact words you used then.

And the pragmatic voters back then, you know who you are too. You #nevertrumpers are using the same words justifying #nevertrump that they used for #neverromney back then. I've even heard the old **** sandwich vs turd sandwich comparison.

So what I would conclude from that is we should probably stop expecting others to vote for the same people we will. I'm not saying we shouldn't share our reasoning with people or try to convince each other. But just don't expect people to vote for your guy, and don't be pissed when people don't. After giving my best shot at presenting my reasoning I'm not going to blame you for deciding differently. We all make the call on who to vote for, and who we think best represents our values and interests. And we have to live with the consequences of that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Brother I must have misunderstood your quote...My butt does not in any way hurt.....I am a Trump supporter because I love good politics...Trump vs Hillary will keep me entertained....I am so stoked I can barely hide my glee....

What really got me to think about backing Trump was when Huffington Post said they were going to put his campaign in the entertainment section...And that night I got to see all of the smug talking heads from the east and west coasts chuckling over this.....

It was that moment when I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if????"

And now I got my "Wouldn't it be funny if?"....And it is funny......A large mass of what the media tells me are "stars" are threatening to move to Canada if Trump wins...Hillary is going on national TV saying "The whole world wants her to beat Trump"......I think it's funny...I like underdogs and Trump has been an underdog since the get go...Maybe I just want someone who isn't going to use politics as a springboard to get rich??? Maybe I will pull for a Libertarian candidate if they can get one better than the last yahoo they ran...It's going to be great TV that is for certain....:)

Well, that's good a reason as any. I've heard worse reasons for supporting him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To the #neverTrump and #alwaysTrump people, it's interesting that the tables have turned from 2012. Many of you #neverromney guys who refused to vote pragmatically to defeat Obama, are now using the exact arguments that the other side used then. You know who you are. I'm sure you recognize the words because you're hearing the #nevertrumpers use many of the exact words you used then.

And the pragmatic voters back then, you know who you are too. You #nevertrumpers are using the same words justifying #nevertrump that they used for #neverromney back then. I've even heard the old **** sandwich vs turd sandwich comparison.

So what I would conclude from that is we should probably stop expecting others to vote for the same people we will. I'm not saying we shouldn't share our reasoning with people or try to convince each other. But just don't expect people to vote for your guy, and don't be pissed when people don't. After giving my best shot at presenting my reasoning I'm not going to blame you for deciding differently. We all make the call on who to vote for, and who we think best represents our values and interests. And we have to live with the consequences of that.

I'm done trying to change folks' minds. I'm at peace with my decision. They can call me names and cast aspersions...They're only words and I don't care. All this doesn't mean I won't post up observations or articles I find interesting but if you're a dyed in the wool Trump supporter, I say God bless. I'll still be with you trying to get the best conservatives we can to Congress and to Indianapolis. We just are not going to see eye-to-eye on Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm done trying to change folks' minds. I'm at peace with my decision. They can call me names and cast aspersions...They're only words and I don't care. All this doesn't mean I won't post up observations or articles I find interesting but if you're a dyed in the wool Trump supporter, I say God bless. I'll still be with you trying to get the best conservatives we can to Congress and to Indianapolis. We just are not going to see eye-to-eye on Trump.

Well, I'm not a dyed in the wool Trump supporter. As it stands, I'll check the box in November, but that's looking ever more precarious as he panders to the left. Plus, the fans blowing their Trumpets isn't helping.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, I'm not a dyed in the wool Trump supporter. As it stands, I'll check the box in November, but that's looking ever more precarious as he panders to the left. Plus, the fans blowing their Trumpets isn't helping.

Panders? Or reveals?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom