• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are venomous people on both the pro and anti Trump side. How many threats have been issued against anti Trump people? And did you read the linked article or just the headline and blurb supplied? Also I'm not sure I'd classify a call for ostracism as venomous.

And yes his ability to win the nomination is still in doubt. But either way if he is trying to win or lose, he is showing incompetency in doing so. And he doesn't have a wide choice of advisors to run a campaign? Please tell me you are joking. If he is trying to win, I'm not sure what to say. CO was pitiful in how his campaign performed. He seems to have no idea about how the delegate process works in multiple states, CO and LA just for starters. He doesn't seem to understand what a unbound delegate is. I could believe that he didn't really enter to win as his former staffer states, but to use the terminology from the article you linked, his cult will not be swayed in their belief no matter how hard he tries to lose.

Well, if nothing else he will have single-handedly given you Cruz instead of Jeb! or Robio. I hope you don't think Cruz could have gotten as far as he has without Trump. You're welcome

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, if nothing else he will have single-handedly given you Cruz instead of Jeb! or Robio. I hope you don't think Cruz could have gotten as far as he has without Trump. You're welcome

Jeb had no chance no matter what. Rubio? Maybe. Why do you think Cruz couldn't have gotten as far as he has without Trump? iirc He's always polled in the top 3 or 4. 3 if you exclude Carson top 3. He started off with lower poll numbers, but has steadily increased without any significant drop. Which is more than you can say for any of the other candidates.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Jeb had no chance no matter what. Rubio? Maybe. Why do you think Cruz couldn't have gotten as far as he has without Trump? iirc He's always polled in the top 3 or 4. 3 if you exclude Carson top 3. He started off with lower poll numbers, but has steadily increased without any significant drop. Which is more than you can say for any of the other candidates.

You could easily have said the same thing about McStupid until he got shoved down our throats and/or up our asses and handed the White House to Obama. He was the favorite and would be the nominee had Trump not upset the apple cart.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You could easily have said the same thing about McStupid until he got shoved down our throats and/or up our asses and handed the White House to Obama. He was the favorite and would be the nominee had Trump not upset the apple cart.

McCain and Jeb don't compare. While Jeb may, again may have been the preferred choice of the establishment there was no chance of him getting anywhere near the cut off. The only way he could have gotten it is at a contested/brokered convention and hell he still can. ETA but I don't think even the GOPe would be that stupid.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    McCain and Jeb don't compare. While Jeb may, again may have been the preferred choice of the establishment there was no chance of him getting anywhere near the cut off. The only way he could have gotten it is at a contested/brokered convention and hell he still can. ETA but I don't think even the GOPe would be that stupid.

One would hope, but based on past and present performance, I sure wouldn't put any cash bets on that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is odd. Drudge had this link earlier this morning, but it looks like it was taken down.
    GOP Convention rule changes off the table for RNC's spring meeting, party official says - Washington Times

At least one GOPe member says that there won't be an effort to change the rules on nomination.

“The consensus was that the RNC rules committee is going to specifically steer clear of any proposed convention rules changes because we don’t want the RNC perceived as somehow wanting to manipulate the process one way or another,” he said.

Now, there's still an opportunity for the convention committee to change the rules, but this gives some momentum to the no-rules-changes cabal.

Seems fair to me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

When you saw the GOPe unload the entire arsenal on Trump do you seriously think Cruz (or anyone else) could survive an onslaught of that intensity? If Trump hadn't been there to neuter Jeb! early on, do you not think that $150million war chest and the walking barrage of the GOPe and superPACS would not have swept someone as deeply unpopular as Cruz from the field? No, my friend; I believe Cruz as viable candidate can only exist as a last ditch reaction to Trump

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    When you saw the GOPe unload the entire arsenal on Trump do you seriously think Cruz (or anyone else) could survive an onslaught of that intensity? If Trump hadn't been there to neuter Jeb! early on, do you not think that $150million war chest and the walking barrage of the GOPe and superPACS would not have swept someone as deeply unpopular as Cruz from the field? No, my friend; I believe Cruz as viable candidate can only exist as a last ditch reaction to Trump

I wish you weren't right, but I think you are.

Personally, I wish there were a little better vetting and control of just who will and won't be allowed to run for President. Having 20 all run is never healthy. It would have been better to have some much earlier cuts.

Perhaps then someone not Trump would have had some support coalesce around him (or her) outright, rather than in reaction to the Trumpster.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sometimes I think we could implement the Roman system as a first hurdle, if you've never served in the military (in harm's way) you are not eligible for elected office. That would have winnowed the field :)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes I think we could implement the Roman system as a first hurdle, if you've never served in the military (in harm's way) you are not eligible for elected office. That would have winnowed the field :)

What happens if you don't have the glorious honor of growing up during a war?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heard something interesting today. So, I have friends that are Dems. Somewhat well connected. Well, at least one is REALLY well connected.

Anyway, they said there is word out there that at least 2 unions (both related to building trades) might actually endorse Trump. Some speculation the Teamsters might favor him too. (All that aggregate isn't going to transport itself to the wall.)

Would that be good or bad for Trump before the remaining primaries?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think I said this before: Trump only wants to play in contests he can win. If it looks like he'll lose, he'd rather concede. Then complain about how unfair the process was.

ETA:
    Then make up embarrassing nicknames for his critics. Then deny that he lost. Then declare bankruptcy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think I said this before: Trump only wants to play in contests he can win. If it looks like he'll lose, he'd rather concede. Then complain about how unfair the process was.

But he's a winner. We're going to get tired of winning so much.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So-
    Have you all figured out who is the best candidate to beat the democrat yet?

All I ever see here is- "Don't vote for Trump" - "Don't vote for Cruz" - "Don't vote for Rubio" - "Don't vote for Bush" - "Don't vote for Christie" - and "I'd rather sit on my hands and stay home" - etc....

So it's Hillary for President again? Thanks Guys. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom