Meanwhile, 8 years from now

Mjfxx51.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kasich has to drop out now, or we're one recession or terrorist attack away from a Trump presidency. That's it.

Otherwise, Hillary has this in the bag.

I think you're seeing it wrong. I think Kasich becomes the new 'great white hope' and the GOPe throws down with him because they can't tolerate Cruz either

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Kasich taking Ohio will probably help Trump in the long run. Kasich now stays in the race and splts votes with Cruz so neither can out perform Trump.

This certainly hurts Cruz. If he could have taken Ohio he'd be sitting much better than he is currently.

I would not be surprised if Cruz and Kasich were on the phone right now cutting some type of deal for Kasich to drop out.

BTW, can we change the title of this thread now? Something to the effect of, "The Republican primary race is thinning out."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think you're seeing it wrong. I think Kasich becomes the new 'great white hope' and the GOPe throws down with him because they can't tolerate Cruz either

The problem is, he can't mathematically get to the magic number of delegates. He has no path to victory barring some type of three way split and chaos at the convention.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Do you, then, seriously assert that something like that could not come out of a backroom deal at a 'contested' convention and further that the GOPe isn't stupid enough to try it?

No. I'm saying that the fact that the GOPe would take such an idea seriously is a major part of what is driving the anti-establishment vote. The GOP has not fought for anything in decades the way they are fighting their own base.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, technically, he's the only "white" guy other than Trump in the race. Seriously Kasich can't be it. There doesn't seem to be much point in him staying in. There is no path.

Kasich is having a great speech. I can see him being a real contender now. With Rubio out he can seriously challenge in the more moderate future primaries.

I thought the Kasich speech was a real snoozer.

Do you, then, seriously assert that something like that could not come out of a backroom deal at a 'contested' convention and further that the GOPe isn't stupid enough to try it?

I don't think there'll be enough support to make that kind of deal. Surely the party understands by now, given the horrible performance of "establishment" stars, that the people reject those kinds of candidates.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No. I'm saying that the fact that the GOPe would take such an idea seriously is a major part of what is driving the anti-establishment vote. The GOP has not fought for anything in decades the way they are fighting their own base.

Had they fought the Dems this hard after the 2014 elections, I might have some sympathy for them.

Let them become food for a crow at this point.

House-crows-and-Indian-white-backed-vulture-feed-on-cattle-carcass.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom