• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh. So. Let me get this straight. The fake conservatives are the people who don't want Trump. And the "real" conservatives are the ones DO want Trump. Okay then. :rolleyes:

Yep.

Read up on Cruz and Rubio's voting record and compare that to Trump's policy. If you're going to scream "WHHHHAAAA HE'S LYING WHAAAAAA" endlessly, then of course we can't have a conversation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep.

Read up on Cruz and Rubio's voting record and compare that to Trump's policy. If you're going to scream "WHHHHAAAA HE'S LYING WHAAAAAA" endlessly, then of course we can't have a conversation.

I'm not a Trump supporter because I think he's conning you. And I don't believe Trump is the god you think he is. I'll vote for him if he wins the nomination, but at that point I'll feel like it's futile.

1) On the neocon accusation: I don't get to join that club. Not that I want to anyway, being a non-believer and all. It's an evangelicals only club. That is one of the issues I have against Cruz.

2) As you've guessed, I'm not all that fond of Cruz. As I've said, all that's left is bottom of the Republican barrel. Cruz, lying, smarmy ****bag that he is, is IMHO a safer bet than Trump.

3) We can't have a conversation anyway. You won't accept any legitimate criticism of Trump. And you've been offered plenty. I fully accept all criticism of Rubio or Cruz or Kasich or any of the other candidates in the race. And I've leveled much criticism where I think criticism is due even for the candidate I wanted. No one's perfect or even all that great. They're all politicians. There are just levels of not-greatness.

4) Not all Trumpers are :koolaid: though. Some INGOers fully admit Trump's faults, and they don't care because yadda, yadda, middle finger, yadda. I've repeatedly said, yeah. Okay. I get that. But if the conversation involves blindly having to accept that Trump is more than he is, I'm just not going to be much fun in that conversation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's it? Okay. I guess originality isn't for everyone. I'll accept your generic insult if it's all you have.

That said, yeah, it's not been the best week for Republicans. I've said before the ****ty process has left us with a choice between the bottom of the barrel. The two Republicans with the best chance of winning have the worst favorability ratings. At least Cruz's favorability rating is a little better than Hillary's.

If Trump wins outright, yeah, sure. If not, well, the party gets to decide who is the nominee. If there is a contested convention and Trump has a large plurality lead over everyone else, then they should respect that. If it's within a hundred or two delegates though, it's anyone's game.

Hey, wait. I thought you guys wanted to blow **** up. A brokered convention where Mit Romney comes out with the nomination would certainly blow **** up.

It occurred to me recently, though, that if it ends up Cruz (which I can live with, despite the Judas act) that you all may need to thank Trump for making it possible. Because Trump is the only thing I can see that could make the GOPe coalesce around Cruz

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not a Trump supporter because I think he's conning you. And I don't believe Trump is the god you think he is. I'll vote for him if he wins the nomination, but at that point I'll feel like it's futile.

1) On the neocon accusation: I don't get to join that club. Not that I want to anyway, being a non-believer and all. It's an evangelicals only club. That is one of the issues I have against Cruz.

2) As you've guessed, I'm not all that fond of Cruz. As I've said, all that's left is bottom of the Republican barrel. Cruz, lying, smarmy ****bag that he is, is IMHO a safer bet than Trump.

3) We can't have a conversation anyway. You won't accept any legitimate criticism of Trump. And you've been offered plenty. I fully accept all criticism of Rubio or Cruz or Kasich or any of the other candidates in the race. And I've leveled much criticism where I think criticism is due even for the candidate I wanted. No one's perfect or even all that great. They're all politicians. There are just levels of not-greatness.

4) Not all Trumpers are :koolaid: though. Some INGOers fully admit Trump's faults, and they don't care because yadda, yadda, middle finger, yadda. I've repeatedly said, yeah. Okay. I get that. But if the conversation involves blindly having to accept that Trump is more than he is, I'm just not going to be much fun in that conversation.

The only fault I won't concede to is ones that involve fabricating your own story to fit your own narrative. This is why I repeatedly hammer you when your only real opposition to Trump is based on fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Those aren't valid reasons to take issue with something. Not saying you can't be cautious and that you can't think for yourself.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Oh, I do want to make America great again. I just doubt Trump will actually do that. I think he's feeding you a con job through that straw. :koolaid:

I'm only regurgitating rhetoric for trolling purposes. But you raise a good point, and I partially agree with you that it could be a possibility. Only time will tell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It occurred to me recently, though, that if it ends up Cruz (which I can live with, despite the Judas act) that you all may need to thank Trump for making it possible. Because Trump is the only thing I can see that could make the GOPe coalesce around Cruz

This is perhaps the sanest thing I think I've heard a Trumper say.

:stickpoke:

The only fault I won't concede to is ones that involve fabricating your own story to fit your own narrative. This is why I repeatedly hammer you when your only real opposition to Trump is based on fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Those aren't valid reasons to take issue with something. Not saying you can't be cautious and that you can't think for yourself.

Huh. I don't feel hammered.

Posters, including me, have posted legitimate concerns about Trump. You just rationalize them away. I mean, at least some other Trumpers acknowledge them. Hey, if you see him for what he is and you're still willing to go with that for some purpose, I get that.

But it's not FUD. I'm not uncertain. I've seen con artists work before. I'm 90% sure he's playing you. He just hits all the flags. But I will admit that there's the 10% doubt that he's conning you, so I'll give that much that he might be sincere. For example I do think he believes the nation is in decline. I have serious doubts that he's going to fix it.

I'll make a prediction. I hope I end up wrong. Donald Trump will win the nomination as will Hillary. The email scandal will go away. Hillary will beat Trump handily. She will nominate an anti 2A scotus pick. The new Democrat led Senate will approve.

There's just not as much red koolaid as blue. But I do think Trump would do pretty well with blue collar and rank and file union workers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm only regurgitating rhetoric for trolling purposes. But you raise a good point, and I partially agree with you that it could be a possibility. Only time will tell.

That's okay. I dish out a fair share of snark. I don't mind getting it back.

And actually I'm grateful for Trump accomplishing one thing. He blew the hell out of the potential of being stuck with Bush or the fatass pussbag.

Meanwhile it is a certainty that hilldog wants to **** us.

I know disturbing mental image.

I bet she doesn't even clean off the strapon.

Wait. Is that too much?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean like how you argued that he "changed" on H-1B visas when he never did?

I argued the point of what he told the moderator. She called him on the wording from his website. He did not dispute the quote she gave, instead, he said he's changed his opinion on that and would change the website. That's what he said. It's in the transcript. I can google that for you again if you want. And you can again rationalize or deny it again.

For what it's worth, his website no longer reads as she originally quoted. If he now supports using H-1B for its intended purpose only, and not using it to hire cheap tech help to avoid paying qualified American candidates higher salaries, I agree with him on that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I argued the point of what he told the moderator. She called him on the wording from his website. He did not dispute the quote she gave, instead, he said he's changed his opinion on that and would change the website. That's what he said. It's in the transcript. I can google that for you again if you want. And you can again rationalize or deny it again.

For what it's worth, his website no longer reads as she originally quoted. If he now supports using H-1B for its intended purpose only, and not using it to hire cheap tech help to avoid paying qualified American candidates higher salaries, I agree with him on that.

His website hasn't been changed since as far back as august 2015 on immigration-reform. I already proved she lied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom