Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can't say I disagree with this (below). This election cycle, if anything, is going to call for the need to clean house. Lot of people claiming to be conservative showing their true colors.

From John Ekdahl:

Folks, Rush Limbaugh is over. He doesn't move needles. He doesn't give a flying **** about conservatism anymore. He sells tea.

If you care about conservatism, care about the ideas, not these media frauds (I'm including me). It's about ideas, not people. Turn off talk radio. Turn off Fox News. Make it hurt. None of these *******s care about conservatism. None of them.

You're being SOLD conservatism as entertainment. That's not the same thing.

Maybe we lose this cycle. But Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, Breitbart, Drudge and Ingraham should be jettisoned. They aren't conservative.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Trump's politics are those if racial divisiveness...

Wow, the libs are really pushing this. Hoping it will stick...

sw50sw8sw578.gif
    :rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm really tired of hearing about race, here and everywhere else. Click... (that was me, tuning out).
    LOL, sorry but there is an entire industry devoted to the topic and after 8 years of the community organizer in the WH it is a true growth sector.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does one argue that Trump's rhetoric isn't similar to that of other race peddlers? Tell me the difference?

If you want, I can produce quotes from Al Sharpton over the years. I dunno, I just doubt you'd be able to produce similar quotes from Trump.

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Trump. But there are plenty of rational reasons that Trump would be a disastrous president without making more of something than there is. Trump is nowhere on par with Al Sharpton as far as race. Dishonest con man, yes. Race baiter, eh, that's more of a stretch.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    How does one argue that Trump's rhetoric isn't similar to that of other race peddlers? Tell me the difference?

When he starts parachuting into every racially-charged locale, like Ferguson, and stumping on whatever is going on there, I think the charge of being a race-baiter similar to Sharpton will have some weight to it. But all he's done so far is make one well-reported comment about the perceived need for more control over entrants from Muslim countries. And was then besieged by (paid?) racial social justice warriors.

When racial social justice warriors seek _you_ out, that's intellectually not the same thing as you going looking for _them_.

Twang (also not a Trump supporter...and also not buying it)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is a very clear difference between Sharpton and Trump:

Implying that Clinton and Sanders aren't loving this Trump candidacy?

It's everything they could have hoped for, and more. I mean, the leftist media (and much of the righties) made it happen. Whoever stands to benefit from the clownshow will continue to push it... and Clinton/Sanders will enjoy beating him in the General.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom