• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    1) Just because Trump says something, does not make it true.

2) Read #1 until it sinks in.

3) States do not have any - ANY - legal authority to dictate how other states conduct elections. The position you take in your first point is unconstitutional. Congratulations on your switching sides to liberalism and a "living document" version of constitutional thought. Conservativism is sad to see you go that direction.

4) Trump has not been concerned about voting systems, other than perhaps lip service (pardon the pun). As POTUS, he had the opportunity to introduce reforms and incentivize actions. He did not. There may be many reasons for it, but it certainly appears that it was only convenient for him when he lost.

5) It does not defy my understanding that you believe Trump in all things.

6) The courts did what courts do - allowed the parties to present their claims and evaluated those claims based on a long tradition of application of the law. Trump's claims were found lacking and, generally, he did not appeal. That is not the fault of the judicial system.
    But when pencil neck claims evidence abounds we automatically assume it is so and must spend 3 years trying to destroy a president? That is my only real concern, equality, not hypocrisy.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    America was founded as a Republic form of government. Too many today freely use the term democracy. The problem with democracy is it can become mob rule. A democracy is always temporary. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate(s) who promise the most benefits with the result of eventual collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is followed by dictatorship.

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith
    2. From spiritual faith to great courage
    3. From courage to liberty
    4. From liberty to abundance
    5. From abundance to complacency
    6. From complacency to apathy
    7. From apathy to dependence
    8. From dependency back into bondage

Where do you believe we stand right now in this cycle ? I believe we are at the end of apathy and very close to dependency. Leftists keep encouraging people to depend on them. "We'll take care of you ! Trust us !"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have come to the conclusion that the populace is directing their anger at the wrong people. Politicians are not the real problem it's the people that buy the politicians who need to be stopped because they are the ones that tell them what to do and how to think. It doesn't really seem to matter who is in office they all eventually act the same since they are getting paid out of the same pocket. Unfortunately people continue to support the companies and organizations that pull the strings of these puppets.

Think about it for a moment. The lock downs and fear mongering over Covid. Who does it really benefit? Not small business nor the people but there are several companies that have made billions as people are forced to shop online. Look at which political groups they donate to and you begin to see why Democratic states are far more likely to lock you down. Professional sports seem to hate us but how many tuned into sports over the holidays? How many people still use the big social media companies? Who owns the MSM and do you think they will ever report just the facts? People don't like change so they continue as before but all they are doing is feeding the "enemy". If we want change we first need to change ourselves and quit feeding the enemy. If you take the time to think on it you'll come up with a lot more examples.

Politicians aren't that hard to figure out, cut off the money they get from one source and they will start singing the tune from next that pays them. We just need to make sure it's our tune they're getting paid to sing.

It will take time to right this mess but the first step is to quit paying for our own destruction.

I like your post and it really would have been a winner 10-12 years ago. We are so far down the road from that place we cannot even see it on the map.

Two background points, in 2015 the database that contained the sensitive background details of millions of government and critical infrastructure employees was hacked, it is believed to be by the Chinese communist party, and if not they have bought it since then. The second is a few weeks ago Chinese dissidents released a database they got that contains 2 million CCP loyalists. Did you hear that on the news a couple weeks ago? About when the federal representative was caught diddling a Chinese spy? Pelosi will not even remove him from the intelligence committee.

Those 2 million loyalists are imbedded in government, military, industry, finance, business, media, academia, Hollywood, in the west? The politicians are ultimately compromised by the CCP, and they know it.

I just posted here a week ago that all the major media including NYT and WSJ were disclosed in federal disclosures as participants in CCP junkets. Those politicians you describe as beholden to business also participate in CCP junkets. That would have been illegal 50 years ago but they figured out how to do it. And occasionally when they need to get someone they use the technicalities to go after them.

If we cannot even understand just who the enemy is how can we defend our country?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Man if I had a nickle for every time someone said "The <insert political party here> is dead." The RNC needed to start working on 2024 last year. Are they? Who knows. They got out cheated by the DNC hands down.

I get your point but we have never seen the most loved party figure so maligned by his own party. He turned out a record 74 million votes, and did it as an incumbent, BHO lost votes second time around as is normal. He turns out thousands at rallies, hundreds of thousands online. There are only two ways this goes, Trump fully takes over the party or starts another. His appeal only grow as the details of the debauchery of the election comes out.

The Republican Party as we knew it is dead, we have a different electorate alignment, different alliances, different priorities.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    After what happened yesterday - and I don't mean the Antifa-led false flag op made to look like Trumpers broke from their longstanding practice to always be peaceful & lawful - I don't see how we can say this is a Republic anymore. We obviously don't have free, honest & open elections anymore and that seems to be a prerequisite for being a Republic.

Now we know that save for just a few who kept their Oath, the ENTIRE federal government has warred against the Constitution, canceled our Republic, declared that they are rulers over the people and that they - not we - will determine who rules. And not just the federal government. State and local governments have also usurped authority for absolute dictatorship.

Now, I dare anyone to tell me that the founders wouldn't be shooting already. I'm not advocating or calling for anything - I'm just asking, WWWD?

What Would Washington Do?
    The republic has been dead since 1861

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The GOP is dead, more like it

Maybe the initial mistake was made when a former reality TV host and person with no political experience was elected in 2016.

This is about as unenlightened of a take as one can have. The guy received over 74 million votes as an incumbent, won all the bellwether countries, and improved in all cities but the ones we argue about...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Republican Party as we knew it is dead, we have a different electorate alignment, different alliances, different priorities.
    And that is what has kept our republic alive this long. The whigs, the bull moose, various other parties have come and gone.

Our system allows for the marketplace of ideas. The politicians who present the strongest case for their ideas get elected.

Or, like in 2016 and 2020, people vote against candidates they don't like.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is about as unenlightened of a take as one can have. The guy received over 74 million votes as an incumbent, won all the bellwether countries, and improved in all cities but the ones we argue about...
    If that’s considered dead we should’ve killed it long ago. Most support of any Republican in history. Mitt romney types are done. I’ll never vote another politician.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And that is what has kept our republic alive this long. The whigs, the bull moose, various other parties have come and gone.

Our system allows for the marketplace of ideas. The politicians who present the strongest case for their ideas get elected.

Or, like in 2016 and 2020, people vote against candidates they don't like.

You make it sound like ideals win elections. That's not exactly precise.

Changing voting laws, having the best ground game, and having the backing of the media is what wins elections.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While not an expert by any means, I've spent a good deal of time in and around elections. Fair, legal, and transparent elections (maintaining the integrity of secret ballots, too) are how people can trust our system. I'm really only familiar with Indiana's system, and I think we do it really well. Really really well.

But, kinda like our gun laws, we shouldn't dictate what other states do. (Although I also think our gun laws strike a really good balance.)

Everyone should be concerned about those systems, every time. Not just when their favored candidate loses and whines about it.

Familiarity with the processes - and the issues involved in elections are pretty common to all states, even if the rationales and approaches may differ - are why, based on available evidence, I do believe in the results of the 2020 election.

I don't ridicule anyone for having concerns. But concerns are not enough to justify Trump's actions, his and his allies' rhetoric, and the actions of his supporters in the Capitol building yesterday.

I agree we do it pretty well in Indiana.

To your last sentence, it is very relevant to the point of; do you see China at the door and do you care if Biden lets them in?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You make it sound like ideals win elections. That's not exactly precise.

Changing voting laws, having the best ground game, and having the backing of the media is what wins elections.
    Then HRC won in 2016?

She had the better ground game and the backing of the media. Her cult of personality wasn't as strong, though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    1) Just because Trump says something, does not make it true.

2) Read #1 until it sinks in.

3) States do not have any - ANY - legal authority to dictate how other states conduct elections. The position you take in your first point is unconstitutional. Congratulations on your switching sides to liberalism and a "living document" version of constitutional thought. Conservativism is sad to see you go that direction.

4) Trump has not been concerned about voting systems, other than perhaps lip service (pardon the pun). As POTUS, he had the opportunity to introduce reforms and incentivize actions. He did not. There may be many reasons for it, but it certainly appears that it was only convenient for him when he lost.

5) It does not defy my understanding that you believe Trump in all things.

6) The courts did what courts do - allowed the parties to present their claims and evaluated those claims based on a long tradition of application of the law. Trump's claims were found lacking and, generally, he did not appeal. That is not the fault of the judicial system.

I love the Bug quote: (probably paraphrased)

It is hard to get a man to know something, when his livelihood depends on not knowing something.

This post reminds me of that quote...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What crickets? There was a monumental amount of coverage across all media and discussion here on INGO. It wasn't like it was a secret tribunal or anything.

As for me, I said from early on the impeachment was a terrible idea at several levels. But, the Dems got lucky. By pursuing impeachment, it stopped the primary challenges before they could get started. That cleared the field for Trump to be the only Republican candidate and Biden won.
    This is just flat out wrong. The media and social media published their intentions to not publish election news that may help Trump.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Then HRC won in 2016?

She had the better ground game and the backing of the media. Her cult of personality wasn't as strong, though.

Won the popular vote, didn't she?

Her ground game was non-existent in some of the states needed to win, so she lost.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Removing statues doesn't stop the teaching of history. Statues aren't for teaching; they are for celebrating.

Meanwhile in Seattle...

1610057207085.png

CJ, I don't think you're actually wrong here, but this sort of wild double standard is what has people's blood boiling. We shouldn't have monuments to celebrate any of our enemies, foreign or domestic, anywhere in the country. If we're going to stand the ground of being free speech absolutists, then we have to stand that ground the entire way and allow it all. If we're not, then we get what he have now where it appears the speech of some is more equal than others.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    With all due respect to the opinions of all of you. It cannot be dead. I'm a father of four with a fifth in the way. I have been raising children for almost a decade and will be raising them at least another two decades.

We home school, we teach history from a couple different cirricula. We also have Bible as one of our core subjects. We have always been small business owners. That has become more difficult, but I have made decisions to ensure our business stays open at the sacrifice of my sleep.

I still have a legacy to build and culture to pass on to the next generation. As frustrating as everything that is happening is, I'd rather face those odds here in this sweet and blessed land than anywhere else.

The cause of liberty will continue. It will start in the home and embers will stay diligently lit there. It may be underground, it may look as if nothing is there, but I assure you it will be present. The enemy we fight has metastasized far beyond what the Founders and Framers considered tyrannical but, I argue, our resources, our technology and our blueprint for success gives us an exponential advantage over the resources of the Founders and the Framers.

Those guys had no Declaration of Independence, no Constitution of the United States for reference and they didn't have a quarter century of American Exceptionalism as their reference. The Founder that best understood the stored energy of American Exceptionalism was Franklin.

I have no intention of being a Pollyanna. It will not be easy, there will be frustration and set backs, but we're still man's last best hope on Earth.
    Inspiring, but evil men and seducers shall was worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

I don’t think it’s going to get better.

Part of the Plan.

Top Bottom