Not open for further replies.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I also like the 50 rule as-is rather than making it a supporter only thing. On the rare occasion I look at something I actually want in the classies, I want to know more about the person I might be buying from than just that they've got the $$ for site supporter. In that way, their post history is pretty valuable.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    These days when I see something I want I 1st check to see if I have had to warn/infract the seller.
    If I have sometimes my reception is a bit cold. Conversation is minimal and I have actually been ignored.

Get with the program folks. Follow the very simple rules. If you do you will only hear from me if you have something cool for sale.
    Oh.....I clicked on your sig line......hilarious.....:):
    I think you are the first person to catch that. I forgot who the original poster was but I snagged it, lol.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My favorite classified are the ones where the guys joined 3 to 5 years ago and haven't posted anywhere else since they hit 50. A few weeks ago I opened 10 ads in a row before I found one that wasn't a classifieds squatter. There are so many. I have seen 3 rifles in the last few months. I would have bought on the spot if I saw a site supporter badge. One in particular I want really bad. I almost messaged and told the guy I'd buy the gun if he became a sight supporter. But I did the usual and skipped over the ad. I'm pretty sure it's still for sale.

If you don't post anywhere but the ads section I won't buy your :poop: period. I know others feel the same way.

Fully agree. There are some that are so blatantly obnoxious about it that I put them on the ignore list. I don't have to worry about missing something they have to say since they don't venture out with the general population. It does make it easier so I don't have to do the research more than once. If I see something I may be interested in and they are ignored then I just close the ad and move on. Some have gotten so bad that I know them by name now. A few days ago I saw one I hadn't noticed before. The guys user name was for a gun shop. In his profile it had the shop name listed. No site supporter status let alone vendor status. He was another multi-year member with a handful of posts.

I wish there was a way to turn the search results on/off for the classifieds at the users discretion.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Seems to be the case.
    It all started over a year ago when a now banned member called me out in open forum. Before my time as a mod.
    Called me an internet bully. Complete douche.
    I tried to settle the situation and offered an Olive branch....in open forum.
    I asked him to meet me at a pub of his choosing for a burger and an adult beverage on me. We could settle our differences as men.
    He declined. Total douche.

Since that day the cheeseburger is a staple on Ingo.
    I have probably spent a couple hundred $ buying burgers at FTF gatherings.

Just be glad you didn't offer to buy the DB a steak and glass of Champane

I have explained to several members that the meet for a cheesburger from you isn't quite what they think it is. If they knew you like I do They'd understand.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Gotta hand it to him for the unique approach. I've never seen someone list their guns and prices in their profile bio instead of just asking about them.
    Location is also NC?

Freaking wow. I did not check that. Posting For sale stuff in your about me. Looks like we need a rules change. Mods chime in????

This isn't f'n arms list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom