• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Think I'm going to try something this week. I'm going to mark all posts as read then log off tonight at midnight and stay that way 36 hours. At noon on Wed I'll come back and do a post count. I'm going to count threads (not individual posts) that are actual discussions vs WTS/WTB/WTT posts. Since every time I look at the Unread Posts page I have to sort through tons of classified posts just to find something to actually read. I want to see what the actual ratio is.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Think I'm going to try something this week. I'm going to mark all posts as read then log off tonight at midnight and stay that way 36 hours. At noon on Wed I'll come back and do a post count. I'm going to count threads (not individual posts) that are actual discussions vs WTS/WTB/WTT posts. Since every time I look at the Unread Posts page I have to sort through tons of classified posts just to find something to actually read. I want to see what the actual ratio is.

:popcorn:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Do previous runners with 51 post get grandfathered in or do they need to get up to 100? INGO will have more runners than the Boston Marathon!!!

I say across the board 100, or when those who sign up the first thing they see as they set up an account is an example of what will happen if they run for it and a box to click to go ahead and get the site supporter. Either way it seems this thread will become even more popular in the coming months.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I say across the board 100, or when those who sign up the first thing they see as they set up an account is an example of what will happen if they run for it and a box to click to go ahead and get the site supporter. Either way it seems this thread will become even more popular in the coming months.

I agree. It would shake up the squatters/flipper in the classifieds.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There is definitely a way to make the classifieds not visible to those who haven't earned access, but I believe many people (even those who actually stick around and contribute) find the site through the classifieds. Without that visibility, membership growth would slow dramatically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom