• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    And how many of them actually do hit the classifieds at exactly 50 posts and are never seen again actively in open forum.

Many of them, unfortunately. I have had the pleasure of conducting transactions with a few of them. All of them good people and some I shoot with.
    A good part of my life was being anti-social. That has been changing as I get older. I feel I am missing out if I don't communicate with strangers.
    Many good people out there who don't have motives. But I do understand the rules here on INGO and what the Mods go through to keep the runners at bay.
    All of you don't get enough credit for what you have to deal with and I appreciate all that you do. :thumbsup:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    The half page zero paragraphs get me. And I am not a grammar Nazi either. But dammit there hard to read. Then there's Harley's post, :lmfao:He's down right interesting to try to cipher at times!

I thought it was just me having problems trying to figure out what Harley was saying in his posts. :)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You old timers tend to accuse all runners of lust for the classfified section. Let me propose to you that some multi-year members with few posts become runners after realizing they had no PM privilages. Therefore, a quick series of posts allow them to PM a fellow post member. (unless the post police interfere)
    Email, hangout, facebook,etc, etc,....or maybe I missed that this is the only board with PM.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Email, hangout, facebook,etc, etc,....or maybe I missed that this is the only board with PM.

I realize it may be tought to imagine that someone might want to send you a private message. If so, I do not see any facebooky, hangout, or other social media type junk in your profile. That seems to be fairly typical of folk here. Same for me.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I realize it may be tought to imagine that someone might want to send you a private message. If so, I do not see any facebooky, hangout, or other social media type junk in your profile. That seems to be fairly typical of folk here. Same for me.
    Right, everyone running for 50 is aching to respond to a PM, thanks you figured it out, good boy.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I know that was my reason for wanting to get to 50.

PM access was also my motivation for making 50. Please do not mis-understand as I support the 50 post rule. It is very entertaining though that runners are all assumed to be running for the classifieds. Some clearly are though.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    PM access was also my motivation for making 50. Please do not mis-understand as I support the 50 post rule. It is very entertaining though that runners are all assumed to be running for the classifieds. Some clearly are though.

Runners are rather easy to identify with high confidence. People who aren't looking to jump into the classifieds very rarely post at a rate that would be mistaken for a runner. Mom45 was one of the very few exceptions, but it was obvious she was starting with a topic that she wanted to actively discuss. People even joked about it at the time because of how frequently she was posting, but it was obvious that she was very interested in discussing her problem.

Runners *always* are interested in shorter posts (which may or may not be just inside the "quality" line), but are posting all over the place. They are "interested" in everything that will allow them to get enough quick posts to achieve their goal, which is not contributing to the board.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Runners are rather easy to identify with high confidence. People who aren't looking to jump into the classifieds very rarely post at a rate that would be mistaken for a runner. Mom45 was one of the very few exceptions, but it was obvious she was starting with a topic that she wanted to actively discuss. People even joked about it at the time because of how frequently she was posting, but it was obvious that she was very interested in discussing her problem.

Runners *always* are interested in shorter posts (which may or may not be just inside the "quality" line), but are posting all over the place. They are "interested" in everything that will allow them to get enough quick posts to achieve their goal, which is not contributing to the board.

Thanks Pudly. I do have to admit my introduction to INGO was somewhat unique. I'm glad that problem is behind me, but very happy that I found such a great place to discuss one of my passions and have a bit of fun. Very good people here on INGO.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

I know that was my reason for wanting to get to 50.

Become a site supporter and enjoy all the PMs that you want.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

And now she is well on her way to 20,000 posts ..... No one knows, if any, are quality posts .....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yes, and remind us how it ends .....

I did post the outcome there, didn't I? He was convicted of criminal recklessness (misdemeanor) and had a year's non-reporting probation. There was a ban placed on ANYONE shooting on that property as long as he lives there as well. It has been very quiet back there other than when they decide to ride the four wheelers.

I even drove to Indy when they had the hearing to take away his LTCH. He was a no-show. I was there but he apparently didn't think his presence was required. I guess I really should go take a look at that thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom