Not open for further replies.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Now there is a man that understands the value of a good turkey defense firearm. You haven't completed your self-defense inventory until you've included this vital component.

Been out in the woods all day seeing a whole lot of nuthin, get back to see this thread go all rabid turkey. Made me think of an old game I used to play... Found it!!

Play TURKEY-SHOOT, a free online game on Kongregate

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought the same thing about this thread when it started. It's nothing that anyone on here can't look up themselves, if they know where to look or take the time to. Just someplace to consolidate info and maybe make things easier for those of us that do look at those types of things. Who knows, maybe a flipper or squatter will see their name mentioned and realize what kind of image they are projecting and then become more active. :lmfao:

Wow, that last line was hard to type with a straight face.

I see where you are going with this but that never ends well.
    As much as this group would love to see a thread calling out those who set up in the classifieds and ride for free it is really not a good idea.
    There are tools available that can be used to weed those folks out. Post history is a great way to do this.
    That said, many members really do not care. If they see something they want at a price they are willing to pay they jump on it. This is the advantage to having those members in the forum. Like it or not we can choose to ignore or partake............Freedom is a great thing.

My personal dislike (for what it is worth) are the people I know are running a business out of the classifieds section with zero overhead. No site supporter. That sticks in my jaw. Step up guy's........help keep the lights on in here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My personal dislike (for what it is worth) are the people I know are running a business out of the classifieds section with zero overhead. No site supporter. That sticks in my jaw. Step up guy's........help keep the lights on in here.

Excellent point. It seems that $20/year isn't asking a lot for profiting on what amounts to a non-relationship.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Excellent point. It seems that $20/year isn't asking a lot for profiting on what amounts to a non-relationship.

Yep, I get 20 bucks worth of education and entertainment, the classifieds are a bonus as far as I am concerned. I think I've sold 2 things and have bought and traded for a few things in the last 4 years.

I do enjoy this thread. It is entertaining to watch the antics. I get my moneys worth of fun right here in this thread.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Yep, I get 20 bucks worth of education and entertainment, the classifieds are a bonus as far as I am concerned. I think I've sold 2 things and have bought and traded for a few things in the last 4 years.

I do enjoy this thread. It is entertaining to watch the antics. I get my moneys worth of fun right here in this thread.

Ain't it the TRUTH !!!!!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I see where you are going with this but that never ends well.
    As much as this group would love to see a thread calling out those who set up in the classifieds and ride for free it is really not a good idea.
    There are tools available that can be used to weed those folks out. Post history is a great way to do this.
    That said, many members really do not care. If they see something they want at a price they are willing to pay they jump on it. This is the advantage to having those members in the forum. Like it or not we can choose to ignore or partake............Freedom is a great thing.

Oh well. I was hoping it would fly.

I check out as much as I can about members on here before I deal with them anyway. I've been burned in the past on a private sale so I'm careful who I deal with. I sold a pistol to a friend, he kept it for a year or two then sold it to one of his cousins, who in turn sold it to someone who shouldn't have it. That person got picked up driving drunk with it and had prior felonies as well. The actual gun came up in the database as stolen so they tried to pin that on him. He of course didn't steal it and was quick to roll on the person that sold it to him. It went like that all the way back to me. I didn't hear anything about it until the Sheriff knocked on the door wanting to know about it. I told him that I bought the gun at a gun show from a dealer and still had the paperwork in the safe. He wanted to see it. I got it for him and ran him off a copy on the scanner. He said thanks and took his copy and left. I later found out that the actual gun may or may not have been stolen. The gun was a Taurus PT-92 which is a 9mm. The gun reported stolen was supposed to be a Taurus PT-92 in .380. There is no such thing, the .380 is a Taurus PT-58.

Taurus crosses serial numbers across model lines. They showed me the paper work where it was reported stolen and all matched up except the caliber. No one had any idea what was really stolen. They said they would track down the guy that reported it stolen and see if he said it was his. I couldn't get it back since I legally sold it to my friend and collected money, same for him and so on until they got to the guy that wasn't supposed to have it. They couldn't give it to him either. I never found out what happened to it. My lesson was to always keep receipts and get a bill of sale if possible. I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't have one. I would have had no way to prove how I got it.

This is only one reason I won't do business with a known flipper or possible unlicensed dealer on here. The fleecing of the collective for free is a huge reason as well. Price is important, but other things are as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I check out as much as I can about members on here before I deal with them anyway. I've been burned in the past on a private sale so I'm careful who I deal with. I sold a pistol to a friend, he kept it for a year or two then sold it to one of his cousins, who in turn sold it to someone who shouldn't have it. That person got picked up driving drunk with it and had prior felonies as well. The actual gun came up in the database as stolen so they tried to pin that on him. He of course didn't steal it and was quick to roll on the person that sold it to him. It went like that all the way back to me. I didn't hear anything about it until the Sheriff knocked on the door wanting to know about it. I told him that I bought the gun at a gun show from a dealer and still had the paperwork in the safe. He wanted to see it. I got it for him and ran him off a copy on the scanner. He said thanks and took his copy and left. I later found out that the actual gun may or may not have been stolen. The gun was a Taurus PT-92 which is a 9mm. The gun reported stolen was supposed to be a Taurus PT-92 in .380. There is no such thing, the .380 is a Taurus PT-58.

Taurus crosses serial numbers across model lines. They showed me the paper work where it was reported stolen and all matched up except the caliber. No one had any idea what was really stolen. They said they would track down the guy that reported it stolen and see if he said it was his. I couldn't get it back since I legally sold it to my friend and collected money, same for him and so on until they got to the guy that wasn't supposed to have it. They couldn't give it to him either. I never found out what happened to it. My lesson was to always keep receipts and get a bill of sale if possible. I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't have one. I would have had no way to prove how I got it.

This is only one reason I won't do business with a known flipper or possible unlicensed dealer on here. The fleecing of the collective for free is a huge reason as well. Price is important, but other things are as well.

This thread does serve a purpose. Probably why it is still open.
    Everyone is pretty casual and deals with the occasional butt-hurt form those exposed in a very civil and informative way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    PayPal allows a seller to inexpensively take credit card payments. If you have the account for other purposes, it would be easy to use it to sell a firearm or anything else.

Just sayin'.

Square is also cheap if you have an iphone and they dont get wind of what you are selling. (they are a very anti gun company)

Several years back I remember someone posting a pic that had pretty painted toe nails. The OP was called out on it. He fessed up to having to have someone else take the pic. Me, I'm still wondering... :rofl:

He could have a daughter. I've had my toenails painted repeatedly. Freaked my MiL out something awful when we showed up at the pool and my toes were painted bright red. When your daughter wants to paint your toenails, by God you let her! If you cant handle it, turn in your Dad card. (and maybe your man card too if you cant handle a little paint)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Square is also cheap if you have an iphone and they dont get wind of what you are selling. (they are a very anti gun company)

He could have a daughter. I've had my toenails painted repeatedly. Freaked my MiL out something awful when we showed up at the pool and my toes were painted bright red. When your daughter wants to paint your toenails, by God you let her! If you cant handle it, turn in your Dad card. (and maybe your man card too if you cant handle a little paint)

It is common practice at family gatherings that if you fall asleep and are a dude you could possibly wake up with painted toe nails.
    We had a Fourth of July get together and after the 1/2 smoked chicken I consumed I was fast asleep on the couch with my feet hanging off the end of the couch. They woke me up to go watch fireworks, so I slipped on my sandals and headed to the local High School to watch. I happened to look down at my toes and they were painted a pearly pink.

Zing!!! They got me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is common practice at family gatherings that if you fall asleep and are a dude you could possibly wake up with painted toe nails.
    We had a Fourth of July get together and after the 1/2 smoked chicken I consumed I was fast asleep on the couch with my feet hanging off the end of the couch. They woke me up to go watch fireworks, so I slipped on my sandals and headed to the local High School to watch. I happened to look down at my toes and they were painted a pearly pink.

Zing!!! They got me.

At least they didn't post pictures on INGO of G[STRIKE]lue[/STRIKE]irlymanz28! :):

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Sell that elsewhere....I'm not buying it....go pink next time or orange

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Zing!!! They got me.

When my wife was sick (she had ovarian cancer) all the girls got together and painted there finger and toe nails teal. I snuck in her makeup case and grabbed the bottle. I painted toe nails teal just for her. I got a smile and a hung. It brightened her day. She took pics. I have some pics somewhere of them.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

why do you think you would have any responsibility for a gun that was discovered to be stolen? You didn't steal it.
    You don't have to prove anything!
    it was nice of you to help out the detective ,but you certainly had NO obligation to do so.
    Also, licensed dealer or not, you can easily buy a stolen firearm from ANY gun shop! Do you think they "run the numbers" on the guns they buy from individuals?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom