Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just looked at the rules on "the other" forum. I believe they are on the same forum software, at least it appears so. They specify a tiered system but I don't know if it's automated or manual.

2 concurrent per user.
    10 concurrent per site supporter.
    25 concurrent per forum sponsor (vendor).
    Software is vBulletin 4.2.2

Major casting forum:
    Max of 3 ads may be listed/open per month.
    Current ads must be completed and closed before the new ads next month.
    Max of 5 items per ad.
    Casting related items only.
    Many other rules.
    Does not apply to vendors sponsors. $100 per year and must be vetted and approved.

I could get behind something like this.

First stop would be increasing the minimum post count to a number that is not even possible to perceive it as "runnable". An idiot looks at 50 and says "I can quickly make 50 posts and nobody will be the wiser." Bump that to say, 150 or 200, and suddenly you must be someone who is a supporter, whether monetarily or through quality posts.

I'd also like to see a post to ad ratio of some kind. Numerous guys out there that hit 50 and never leave the classifieds again.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just looked at the rules on "the other" forum. I believe they are on the same forum software, at least it appears so. They specify a tiered system but I don't know if it's automated or manual.

2 concurrent per user.
    10 concurrent per site supporter.
    25 concurrent per forum sponsor (vendor).

Major casting forum:
    Max of 3 ads may be listed/open per month.
    Current ads must be completed and closed before the new ads next month.
    Max of 5 items per ad.
    Casting related items only.
    Many other rules.
    Does not apply to vendors sponsors. $100 per year and must be vetted and approved.

Yes, I can agree with something like this .....

I haven't sold anything, yet ..... can't do pics.....

I haven't bought a firearm ..... I have traded a firearm ..... I have bought a boatload, of bullets, powder, brass, etc .....

I very much enjoy my time spent here ..... Well Worth, the price of admission .....

JMHO, YMMV .....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just had a crazy thought. What if it was part of the rules that if you are guilty of the race to 50 and get busted for the one liners they get banned from the classifieds for a period of 90 days. If they were a runner we wouldn't see them again for 90 days which would confirm the run to 50.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    We do have a temp ban for Classifieds Access and it has been used in the past. It usually just comes down to the behavior of the "runner" and how they react to their warnings/infractions/post removals, etc.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just had a crazy thought. What if it was part of the rules that if you are guilty of the race to 50 and get busted for the one liners they get banned from the classifieds for a period of 90 days. If they were a runner we wouldn't see them again for 90 days which would confirm the run to 50.

I like that idea, G-Man! Problem is that they don't read the rulez...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm being totally transparent when I say that I came to INGO for the Classifieds, but stayed for the Forum. I had a rough patch at the beginning because INGO was my first Forum experience. Made several mistakes and was given Grace by the Mod staff. I'm so thankful for the great friendships I have made through INGO.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I like that idea, G-Man! Problem is that they don't read the rulez...

If it was in the rules at least somebody might give them a head up that they might want to chill the OL before they get banned from the classifieds for 90 day. Hopefully they would realize that the item would be long gone in the classifieds after 90 and cool their jets. I was a runner in the beginning and got smacked down. The 90 ban would have gotten my attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom