• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I wonder if he will stop by to call us bully's. We'll get CM to buy him a cheeseburger. :stickpoke:

I doubt he cares enough to. I sent him a visitor message a while back saying the site supporter status is cheap and it's better to go that route than violate rules to get to the classifieds. A few minutes later it said he was in the control panel then went right back to the useless roll. Just another fleecer.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I doubt he cares enough to. I sent him a visitor message a while back saying the site supporter status is cheap and it's better to go that route than violate rules to get to the classifieds. A few minutes later it said he was in the control panel then went right back to the useless roll. Just another fleecer.

Pretty sad isn't it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I am understanding this correctly, people "race" to get 50 posts to get into classifieds and the mods mess with them to correct their behavior for not adding "quality" post to the boards? If yes, it's hilarious, and the fact that you openly talk about it as they are attempting to do it makes it even that much funnier.

Some people try to send a private message or visitors message to warn them.
    It really isn't that hard to get 50 even in just a day.
    Ask a good question. Reply to a few answers.
    Think an answer out.
    You know, contribute.
    There have been those that felt they were too new to guns to "contribute".
    But by asking questions, they got their 50.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I am understanding this correctly, people "race" to get 50 posts to get into classifieds and the mods mess with them to correct their behavior for not adding "quality" post to the boards? If yes, it's hilarious, and the fact that you openly talk about it as they are attempting to do it makes it even that much funnier.

If you would look around and get to know the place before you belittle us (mods) and the membership you may come to know why we do this.
    Beyond that you come off as pretty self centered yourself.......:dunno:

This is a great place. Many many friendships have been made in here.

"Funny"...............not so much.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    It's no different than other forums, but unlike other "forums" ours is still running strong and full of active members that have met or are meeting the rules placed in these forums. Did I once violate this rule? Yes, but I like to think that I'm a contributor now and hope to make these men and women part of my family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's no different than other forums, but unlike other "forums" ours is still running strong and full of active members that have met or are meeting the rules placed in these forums. Did I once violate this rule? Yes, but I like to think that I'm a contributor now and hope to make these men and women part of my family.

:yesway:

Many come here after being in those "Other" forums with looser rules. It is odd to them when they are called on the infractions.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you would look around and get to know the place before you belittle us (mods) and the membership you may come to know why we do this.

Funny how? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?:draw:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

I wasn't interpreting that as a criticism.

It is a unique aspect of this community.

Perhaps "mess with" wasn't the best word choice.

But when I first stumbled across this thread, I thought it was hilarious. Still do. That's why I keep clicking on it.

Just my 2cents.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Seriously? The point at issue is that this is a community with classifieds available as an additional service to the membership, as opposed to a marketplace like GunBroker, Armslist, or any number of others. The purpose is to have a feel for the people with whom you might do some trading and while 50 quality posts (actually saying something that reflects on the person making the comment) may or may not give you the most solid feel for the person, it is a much better start than jumping in blind. It is pretty obvious what some people are doing when you have individuals like the guy who got corrected a couple of years ago who posted 50 times and headed for the classifieds. All but two or three of his posts were, "Hmmm." Nothing more and nothing less. I don't know about you, but I don't want to meet a person to buy/sell/trade a valuable item when all I know about his is his ability to translate guttural syllables to characters in print.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

But when I first stumbled across this thread, I thought it was hilarious. Still do. That's why I keep clicking on it.

Just my 2cents.

That was how I read it as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Just my 2cents.

Yes, it can be funny at times.

Thing is, if you got the PM's we get over this (Mods) it is not really all that funny.
    We do not have time to read every post that hits the forum. Just impossible to do.
    This thread points out those skirting the rules that are here for good reasons. And Fenway wants it that way.......:):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, it can be funny at times.

Thing is, if you got the PM's we get over this (Mods) it is not really all that funny.
    We do not have time to read every post that hits the forum. Just impossible to do.
    This thread points out those skirting the rules that are here for good reasons. And [STRIKE]Fenway[/STRIKE] He Who Must BE Obeyed wants it that way.......:):

Just in case they don't know who Fenway is

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom