AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    <<redacted>>

I was AngryRoostered!

May want to check the urban dictionary before you post that too many times. Might not be something you want spread across the internet.

On that note, my name came from a Buff Orpington that we had a few years ago that absolutely hated me. A complete stranger could go into the coup and mess with his girls. If I was standing on the outside of the fence he would ignore them and just go nuts trying to get to me. It looked like a full on zombie in the rages of hunger. This went on for 3 years before he became stew.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The things that could be done (in all honesty) would probably just make more clutter. But I think adding a minimum membership time frame to the rules might cut back on the clutter a bit. Say 30 or 60 days. That gives them a chance to look the website over for at least that time frame. Maybe that would add a few more participating members once that have to hit 50 and look at the web site for a while. :dunno: I dunno.
    I like adding a minimum time frame too. Even for site supporters. No use getting $20 just to let someone in just for the classifieds. Especially when they let their supporter status lapse and they keep their access to the classifieds.
    maybe give site supporters a shorter minimum.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    Not really, I bought them for myself :). No one else had the money. :):

But the thing is, you acquired them. Doesn't matter from who or why, you have them and are still alive. My wife and my whole family would like degrade me as a person. Whoever was recording sounded pretty excited as well. Lol

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I like adding a minimum time frame too. Even for site supporters. No use getting $20 just to let someone in just for the classifieds. Especially when they let their supporter status lapse and they keep their access to the classifieds.

:+1: Actually I am out of rep. I'll catch you soon.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I just seen my post went down again? Lol, is there a reason for that? I'm not upset about it, just curious

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    But the thing is, you acquired them. Doesn't matter from who or why, you have them and are still alive. My wife and my whole family would like degrade me as a person. Whoever was recording sounded pretty excited as well. Lol

That was my son, he was excited! And a good kid. I am blessed with a good family. Some of them are even on this forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Plenty of site supporters have gotten the ban hammer. It can get you faster access to the classifieds, but the mods don't give you any extra slack otherwise.

WHAT?!?!?! I was told you get free backrubs to calm down instead of infractions! What a ripoff! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

This wasn't directed at you. It was part of an earlier discussion. Someone had a meltdown in here earlier.

Payment for participation is not required. The site supporter fee is for those who wish to help out the site and those that want early access to the classifieds and PMs. All this information is in the FAQs as well. Do not feel like we are trying to run you out, that is not the case.

What we (the forum) want is for people to participate in discussions. Ask questions and share knowledge. The classifieds are only here as a perk.

And people who have extremely low post counts (below 60 or so) often will get overlooked by many established members here. If you are here just to camp out in the classifieds and not participate in epic threads like this, we want nothing to do with your dealings. Part of the reason for 50 QUALITY posts (not just 1... or 3) liners is we dont get to know you. Most established members here I wouldnt hesitate meeting anywhere to do a deal. There are many members here I would even feel comfy inviting to my home to do a deal... and have. I'd never give my home address to a random CraigsList troll. And unlike CraigsList and other sites, you dont have to feel like you need armed overwatch to make sure you arent gonna get shanked by the other party because you can trust them. Hell, there are a good number of folks here I have shot with. And they'll give you the shirt off their backs. Good people. :yesway:

You will get some green! Hang around.

Yep. Red goes away quickly if you actually participate and engage in conversation instead of drive-by postings.

And pay CAREFUL attention to the advice you get here. 95% of it is spot on. Especially if they are posting references to the IC and federal law to back up those facts. Hint, you shouldnt waste your time driving to OH if you expect to drive home with the gun... dont believe us? Call a gun store in OH and ask if you, as an IN resident can meet an OH resident there to do a transfer. And also note the post count of your seller. If he has a low post count beware. A high count, and his iTrader feedback score is good, you can probably trust him at his word as to the condition of the gun.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Can someone tell me, if I post of a thread, how can I see if they replied? Like a notification? Because on this one I just keep coming back to it and refreshing the page

Subscribe to the thread. You will get updates depending on your settings.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

:yesway:

I think a time frame would be the #1 thing that would deter the 'instant gratification' crowd. Something else I'd like to see that may not be as popular is a limit on the amount of ads someone has up.

Maybe 1 a week for non supporters. 3 per week for supporters. Unlimited for vendors of course.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Can someone tell me, if I post of a thread, how can I see if they replied? Like a notification? Because on this one I just keep coming back to it and refreshing the page
    At the top. "Thread tools". Subscribe to thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom