Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Am I the only one that feels like runners should be dealt with more severely? Now that the FB gun groups are gone. These people are going to flood the forums, and most likely have nothing to ever contribute or offer.

Rant over I guess. These types of things just bug me

another vote.

I say make the classifieds site supporter only myself.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Fully did not expect to see him again until late tonight. He just squeaked in with his 50 then posted with a PM offer.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../353783-ria-compact-tactical.html#post6409232

Just noticed something as well. The OP for that RIA says he's in Dayton. Our boy is not.....

I just neg repped him. Which is what I am going to do to anyone that I see scooting right up to 50 and jumping in to the classifieds. Unless you are a site supporter. Then I'll plus rep them for it!

:ingo:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Am I the only one that feels like runners should be dealt with more severely? Now that the FB gun groups are gone. These people are going to flood the forums, and most likely have nothing to ever contribute or offer.

Add me to the list

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Maybe we should change the rules? :dunno:

Won't change much. You will make it more complex/harder to meet the new requirement and runners will still walk just inside the new line. The mods can discuss if they think there is a serious enough problem, but they have to balance reasonable access for legitimate users, enforcement difficulty and minimizing the number of runners. You can't make it 100% secure without making it 100% inaccessible.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Won't change much. You will make it more complex/harder to meet the new requirement and runners will still walk just inside the new line. The mods can discuss if they think there is a serious enough problem, but they have to balance reasonable access for legitimate users, enforcement difficulty and minimizing the number of runners. You can't make it 100% secure without making it 100% inaccessible.
    True, very true. We could always just elect Mbill mod supreme and he could ban everyone

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Or, we can put guys that reach 50 in a kind of purgatory, locked out of the classifieds. Once they hit 50, they contact a mod, and the mod after reviewing their "body of work" then decides to give them access. That would almost certainly eliminate late night runners, and discourage members who simply want to mooch in the classifieds.
    I mean, how many people actually reach 50 each day 3 or 4? Doesn't seem like it would be too much more work.

Want to avoid that hassle?....pony up for site supporter.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

another vote.

I say make the classifieds site supporter only myself.

Add me to the list

:yesway:

If not site supporter status then 50 or 100 plus a member for 30 days.

The people I know that use TwitFace can spew word vomit at an astounding rate. To them, 50 posts is child's play. 100 posts takes a little more dedication and if they see that there is a time limit in order to participate then they will realize that the great deal they are looking to jump on TODAY will be gone by the time they can access it. Those that are looking at the site as a forum and a place to chat & learn instead of a flipper board should not be phased by this. Those are the ones we're trying to attract right?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Or, we can put guys that reach 50 in a kind of purgatory, locked out of the classifieds. Once they hit 50, they contact a mod, and the mod after reviewing their "body of work" then decides to give them access. That would almost certainly eliminate late night runners, and discourage members who simply want to mooch in the classifieds.
    I mean, how many people actually reach 50 each day 3 or 4? Doesn't seem like it would be too much more work.

Want to avoid that hassle?....pony up for site supporter.
    Crap it's almost against my religion to agree with you, but I got nothing!

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    on most of the forums I post on 50 posts is about a 2 year commitment. I am fine with that maybe by then I will be considered a trusted member, but can I just have one peek lol

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

The things that could be done (in all honesty) would probably just make more clutter. But I think adding a minimum membership time frame to the rules might cut back on the clutter a bit. Say 30 or 60 days. That gives them a chance to look the website over for at least that time frame. Maybe that would add a few more participating members once that have to hit 50 and look at the web site for a while. :dunno: I dunno.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom