• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not yet. I just started in earnest recently.
    Just know if you are here to profit from the forum you will have at least a Site Supporter status. Period.

That's the way it should be. There are several good members and shops that have done the right thing and took the extra step to become vendors. That comes as quite a step up in cost compared to regular SS status. I see these vendors interact with the other members, post threads, answer questions & be supportive of the site. Then I see the fleecers & squatters hocking everything they can, for years, without so much as a helpful thread, post and no site supporter status. It's not right & in some case it pisses me off. Sorry, when I see a member say in his ad "I'm not a dealer, just cleaning thing out" yet he has been doing the same thing for YEARS it's complete BS. Looking at past history shows what he buys in the classifieds gets resold at a later date for a markup. Think I've said it before, but members like this are akin to someone coming into your house and eating all your food before they :poop: in the middle of your carpet and leave for the day.

It will be nice to see some of it cleaned up. I'd still like to see a tier system with vendors being unlimited of course. Even at $20 a year for supporters, it's still running a business when you have 50+ classified ads every month. Anything is a good start though. Usually the first thing I do when getting on here for the day is to go to the main page and click the entire classifieds as read, that way I don't have to sort through all of them just to read actual content.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It would if the 1 month came after they hit the target number, not before. It would be the individual members responsibility to keep track of when their month was up and to ask for access. Having to make a minimum count, wait their time, then ask for access, IMO, would weed out those that are only here for the quick sale/purchase then are never seen again. It wouldn't however help with the ones that want to squat in the classifieds after they have access. That would be another issue.

If the classifieds are a perk for contributing members then those that have been around for years and haven't bothered to post anything aren't contributing anything. It would also allow a little more of a buffer for posts to be looked at to determine if the person is really trying to contribute or shortcut themselves in with junk posts. Those that want to pay the SS fee early wouldn't be affected at all.

I REALLY like that one. And MAYBE MAYBE make site supporter equivalent to that same 50 post so that no matter what, you just cant swoop in, buy/sell and leave.

Lock them in the 9/11 thread until they survive 50 more posts. :):
    Thats inhumane and likely against the Geneva Convention. :):

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I REALLY like that one. And MAYBE MAYBE make site supporter equivalent to that same 50 post so that no matter what, you just cant swoop in, buy/sell and leave.

Thats inhumane and likely against the Geneva Convention. :):

With instant gratification being the trend of the day (year, decade?) even a shorter time period like 2 weeks would likely deter most of it. Thinking about it from a newbie perspective. If I saw something for sale and I wanted it right then but had to make 50 posts PLUS wait 2 weeks, I'd realize I probably wouldn't get it. However, it might make me look around to see if it would be worth it for future deals.

At that point they are walking around the theoretical car lot and we (the forum in general) have 2 weeks to show them we are worth the effort to stay instead of taking a free test drive once and leaving.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think the classifieds should be the one perk available to site supporters only.

But I also know that might cut down on paying vendors so it's not likely to happen.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think the classifieds should be the one perk available to site supporters only.

But I also know that might cut down on paying vendors so it's not likely to happen.

Maybe posting to them. But unless every real member could see them, you would lose out on quite a bit of audience.

I've been on an off here at times for years. But I'm about to sell and try to trade some things, so it seemed right to pony up for the Site Supporter. The fact is that the Classifieds on here is WORTH the Site Supporter cost of you have two or three things to sell or buy. Just in the safety to be able to look at members who are coming to meet you beforehand. I've never been in a buy, sell or trade situation off of here that I felt shady on in my safety. That is worth it alone.

But everyone has gotten used to something for nothing. That isn't a community, that is a modern major city. :rolleyes:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe posting to them. But unless every real member could see them, you would lose out on quite a bit of audience.

I've been on an off here at times for years. But I'm about to sell and try to trade some things, so it seemed right to pony up for the Site Supporter. The fact is that the Classifieds on here is WORTH the Site Supporter cost of you have two or three things to sell or buy. Just in the safety to be able to look at members who are coming to meet you beforehand. I've never been in a buy, sell or trade situation off of here that I felt shady on in my safety. That is worth it alone.

But everyone has gotten used to something for nothing. That isn't a community, that is a modern major city. :rolleyes:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the way it is right now. Those with under 50 can still browse and see everything, they just can't respond or PM. Leaving them open like that would still draw people in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom