• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Random thought pertaining to "runners" there is another forum I am on that utilizes a "Trial Member" system for newbies. This means that new members have a 30 day trial period where they show that they can be contributing members to the forum. Once the 30 days is up they can then use the buying and selling area of the forum (after they buy a "premium" membership)

This 30 Day trial period could potentially drastically reduce the number of runners on the site as they are incredibly annoying and IMHO should be instantly permabanned.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Random thought pertaining to "runners" there is another forum I am on that utilizes a "Trial Member" system for newbies. This means that new members have a 30 day trial period where they show that they can be contributing members to the forum. Once the 30 days is up they can then use the buying and selling area of the forum (after they buy a "premium" membership)

This 30 Day trial period could potentially drastically reduce the number of runners on the site as they are incredibly annoying and IMHO should be instantly permabanned.

Ive noticed a LOT of the runners arent new here. They came, looked around, and then 2-5 years later they decided they had something to sell at an inflated price ($30 below the best retail price:rolleyes:) and make a run for it. I think the last 3-4 runners were that way.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Ive noticed a LOT of the runners arent new here. They came, looked around, and then 2-5 years later they decided they had something to sell at an inflated price ($30 below the best retail price:rolleyes:) and make a run for it. I think the last 3-4 runners were that way.
    They always provide a good laugh for me; one even was higher than Gander Mountain, too bad we can't post comments on the Ads :flamethrower:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Yep, not even trying to hide it.
    Rapid one liners all over the map within a minute of each other. Oh, then there's this posted in the 50 posts sucks thread. Obviously knows the rules, doesn't care.

I kinda see why they have the rule, but at the same time if you create an account to purchase something and it slips through your fingers b/c you cant post or send a pm.... it is VERY frustrating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom