Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe the number 50 needs to be higher? :dunno:
    Would love to see it, along with a minimum time requirement. Doesn't have to be a huge amount of time. One month AFTER you complete you minimum posts you ask for access to the classifieds, just like you have to do when you pay your SS fee early. If it's too much extra stuff to keep track of, I'll volunteer to help. I own a farm & work from home, wife just went to 1st shift from 3rd. I've got all the time in the world.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would love to see it, along with a minimum time requirement. Doesn't have to be a huge amount of time. One month AFTER you complete you minimum posts you ask for access to the classifieds, just like you have to do when you pay your SS fee early. If it's too much extra stuff to keep track of, I'll volunteer to help. I own a farm & work from home, wife just went to 1st shift from 3rd. I've got all the time in the world.

Agreed, but that wont stop the most recent batch. Mostly folks who signed up years ago and fell off until they needed the classies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Agreed, but that wont stop the most recent batch. Mostly folks who signed up years ago and fell off until they needed the classies.
    It would if the 1 month came after they hit the target number, not before. It would be the individual members responsibility to keep track of when their month was up and to ask for access. Having to make a minimum count, wait their time, then ask for access, IMO, would weed out those that are only here for the quick sale/purchase then are never seen again. It wouldn't however help with the ones that want to squat in the classifieds after they have access. That would be another issue.

If the classifieds are a perk for contributing members then those that have been around for years and haven't bothered to post anything aren't contributing anything. It would also allow a little more of a buffer for posts to be looked at to determine if the person is really trying to contribute or shortcut themselves in with junk posts. Those that want to pay the SS fee early wouldn't be affected at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would if the 1 month came after they hit the target number, not before. It would be the individual members responsibility to keep track of when their month was up and to ask for access. Having to make a minimum count, wait their time, then ask for access, IMO, would weed out those that are only here for the quick sale/purchase then are never seen again. It wouldn't however help with the ones that want to squat in the classifieds after they have access. That would be another issue.

If the classifieds are a perk for contributing members then those that have been around for years and haven't bothered to post anything aren't contributing anything. It would also allow a little more of a buffer for posts to be looked at to determine if the person is really trying to contribute or shortcut themselves in with junk posts. Those that want to pay the SS fee early wouldn't be affected at all.

Just know that we are monitoring these things. 51 posts and 400+ in the classifieds looks like an under the radar business. No site supporter and that makes it even worse. I am pushing these members to pony up or become advertisers as they should. If not then lock out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just know that we are monitoring these things. 51 posts and 400+ in the classifieds looks like an under the radar business. No site supporter and that makes it even worse. I am pushing these members to pony up or become advertisers as they should. If not then lock out.

:yesway:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

:yesway:
    There are a lot of them.

Just curious and without naming anyone, has anyone ignored, not complied or given you any static about it yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom