The purge of conservatives from the Republican party has begun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Can you cite some of these "reprehensible prejudices"?

I think he was referring to the reprehensible prejudice that many on the left hold for all things, male, Christian, or traditional. But I could be wrong;)

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    In the spirit of the season...

images

How about Santas not being able to say HO-HO-HO, because of course, it's derogatory to women.

How about a Christmas Tree being called a holiday tree.

How about my kids not being able to sing traditional Christmas songs in their elementary school's Christmas program.

How about a school the cannot have an Easter egg hunt, but instead has to search for "spring spheres"

How about the word manhole being changed to utility or maintenance hole by some city councils.

Political correctness is an attempt by the left to force into existence a right to not be offended.

The Santa bit is hilarious. I need a citation on that. If you come up with evidence I'll concede that crosses the line.

As for your War on Christian Holiday handwringing, cry me a river. You have every right to your religion, but the State has no right to impose it on my Jewish/Muslim/Sikh/Atheist children. You and your children are welcome to express your religion in a non-State funded venue such a your place of worship.

The last is a non-starter. This is not a case of a recent change mandated to avoid offending anyone. Your "manholes" have been known by other names as well since their inception. Furthermore, it is perfectly reasonable to expect such terms as "congressperson" to become the norm as they are more accurate descriptions than the masculine version.

More on point: If you don't like political correctness, feel free to ignore it. Just don't be surprised when you're ostracized by people who value respect for others.

I think he was referring to the reprehensible prejudice that many on the left hold for all things, male, Christian, or traditional. But I could be wrong;)

You mean "against?" "For" doesn't make any sense in that context.

But there are certainly a great many people who believe that anything other than straight, white, Christian Americans doing things the way they remember them done as a child is unacceptable. I have no problem with any of these groups, but none of them have the right to impose their views on others.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The Republicans will eventually agree to raise taxes, cave on spending cuts and increase the debt ceiling again. Count on it.

Agreed

Uncertainty will kill business growth more than anything else.

If you want to see business grow, then an iron clad lock has to be put on ALL TAX LAW for at least a decade.

People will play the game if they know the rules. How is anyone supposed to plan a business if they don't know what their tax rates will be anymore than 2 or 3 months ahead of time?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The Republicans will eventually agree to raise taxes, cave on spending cuts and increase the debt ceiling again. Count on it.

As long as they are Republicans, I'll be happy with whatever they get accomplished. If the only way we can get our country back on track is through out of control spending approved by a Republican House, then it must be the best conservative option.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Just think of the potential if a few of these people that Boehner is trying to run over, the four given the right foot of GOP fellowship and the others who have been threatened, would ditch the GOP and start their own party or else join a like-minded third party.
    That would be the best thing that could happen.

We need 5 or 6 parties but #3 has to come form somewhere. If one party had control of about 7% of the seats they could wreak havoc. They would be the Prom King and Queen at every dance.

BUT it is not going to happen in 2013. Those little *****es will kneel down and ask forgiveness. Paraphrasing rick James: Power is a terrible drug.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They have to because they clearly can not see the huge mistake they are making by letting the other side choose the battlefield. They could easily sidestep this but they are locked in tunnel vision now.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The Santa bit is hilarious. I need a citation on that. If you come up with evidence I'll concede that crosses the line.

Australian Santas Asked Not to 'Ho Ho Ho' | Fox News

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's Fox News, but still.:D

but none of them have the right to impose their views on others.

That bit right there made me LOL:D

As I said before, there is no Constitutionally granted freedom from being offended. I am frankly offended, that people are offended, by a bunch of little kids singing Christmas songs.

Sorry for the hijack, as none of this has had Jack to do with with the OP. I'll shut up now.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    On Monday, the Republican Steering Committee, which is chaired by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), voted to remove Reps. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Tim Huelskamp (R-Kansas) from the House Budget Commtitee. Reps. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.) lost their positions on the Financial Services Committee.

The four members are known for occasionally bucking leadership and voting against Boehner’s wishes. Amash, Huelskamp and Schweikert are popular with the conservative movement, while Jones has made a name for himself by speaking out against U.S. involvement in Afghanistan.

Reuters notes that removing Amash and Huelskamp from the Budget Committee “could make it easier for the panel to advance a deal with Democrats to cut fiscal deficits” — which is exactly what many conservative groups are afraid of.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) took a public shot at House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) Tuesday night, in the wake of a shake-up that knocked a small group of conservatives off prominent committees.
    Still waiting for call from GOP leadership. Are they too embarrassed to explain they booted me for working to reduce debt?
    — Justin Amash (@repjustinamash) December 5, 2012
    Boehner has proven where his loyalties lie more than once. He is actively pursuing a statist agenda, while dropping a few conservative buzzwords now and then. He's the enemy within (and certainly not the only one). A wolf in sheep's clothing is even more dangerous than the wolf who wears his own fur openly. He will help Obama advance the NWO agenda while feigning opposition.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The problem is that the opposite is happening. The GOP is pandering to leftists on the issues where conservatives and libertarians are most alike, particularly regarding finance and expansion of government.

Total myth. Conservatives do not and have not ever wanted smaller government. The idea of being "conservative" or "federalist" if you prefer the 200 year-old term, is to support a large and powerful national government.

They don't want smaller government; they just want different, big government.

That is no libertarian's friend.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    GOP purging Tea party?

Well...........................If all of this is true then perhaps it is time to switch to the Libertarian party and build it up? But it won't be easy to get conservative Republicans to switch.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    GOP purging Tea party?

Well...........................If all of this is true then perhaps it is time to switch to the Libertarian party and build it up? But it won't be easy to get conservative Republicans to switch.

And the problem is the Libertarian part wants a free for all without removing the social safety nets.

I consider myself a Libertarian but I don't want to legalize drugs unless people are 100% responsible and accountable first.

Also, the open borders policy of the Libertarian party won't attract many conservatives and rightly so.

The Libertarian party platform is a caricature of true libertarianism so I can't see myself ever voting for them.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Total myth. Conservatives do not and have not ever wanted smaller government. The idea of being "conservative" or "federalist" if you prefer the 200 year-old term, is to support a large and powerful national government.

They don't want smaller government; they just want different, big government.

That is no libertarian's friend.
    Depends on your definition of conservative now doesn't it. Some people say Rush and Sean are conservative, I have always said they are not conservative enough for me.:twocents:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And the problem is the Libertarian part wants a free for all without removing the social safety nets.

I consider myself a Libertarian but I don't want to legalize drugs unless people are 100% responsible and accountable first.

Also, the open borders policy of the Libertarian party won't attract many conservatives
    and rightly so.

The Libertarian party platform is a caricature of true libertarianism so I can't see myself ever voting for them.

You act as though we don't have open borders now.

Regan had open borders and then granted amnesty to 10 million+ illegals. Bush 1 and 2 did NOTHING to control the border. Obama is towing the line just like those before him.

What sort of lunacy is it when you want to continue a failed policy of 5 previous administrations?

I'd say the "rightly so" crowd are those who want a change and actually want to control the border, as opposed to being fixated on silly catch phrases.

This, ladies and gentleman, is why America is doomed. Ignorant people, voting for things, people and policies they know nothing about. They vote for sound bytes.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    You act as though we don't have open borders now.

Regan had open borders and then granted amnesty to 10 million+ illegals. Bush 1 and 2 did NOTHING to control the border. Obama is towing the line just like those before him.

What sort of lunacy is it when you want to continue a failed policy of 5 previous administrations?

I'd say the "rightly so" crowd are those who want a change and actually want to control the border, as opposed to being fixated on silly catch phrases.

This, ladies and gentleman, is why America is doomed. Ignorant people, voting for things, people and policies they know nothing about. They vote for sound bytes.

I agree that most republicans are worthless on this issue. However, the only place you'll find anyone interested in border control is in the republican party.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    DeMint to Leave U.S. Senate to Head Heritage Foundation - Bloomberg

Republican U.S. Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina, a champion of fiscal conservatives in Congress who has clashed with his party’s leaders, said he will leave in the middle of his term to head the Heritage Foundation.

DeMint’s announcement coincides with efforts in the House to crack down on the anti-tax Tea Party wing of the Republican Party. Earlier this week, four Republicans who opposed Boehner on spending and budget issues were removed from their committee assignments.

I guess he did not like the warning the Republican party leadership gave.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I would have been more impressed had he told the GOP to p*ss off and left the party.

This is what he had to say on 12/4/2012.

“Speaker Boehner’s $800 billion tax hike will destroy American jobs and allow politicians in Washington to spend even more, while not reducing our $16 trillion debt by a single penny,” DeMint said in a statement. “Republicans must oppose tax increases and insist on real spending reductions that shrink the size of government and allow Americans to keep more of their hard-earned money.”
    Jim DeMint

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

As for your War on Christian Holiday handwringing, cry me a river. You have every right to your religion, but the State has no right to impose it on my Jewish/Muslim/Sikh/Atheist children. You and your children are welcome to express your religion in a non-State funded venue such a your place of worship.

No you are wrong, as usual. No government in this land can lawfully make a law either prohibiting, nor encouraging me or my children from saying as we wish about our faith, or lack thereof, wherever we so choose. To say otherwise is, well tyrranical.

More on point: If you don't like political correctness, feel free to ignore it. Just don't be surprised when you're ostracized by people who value respect for others.

Of if it were so easy to ignore what is being forced down our throats at every turn. Sorry but political correctness is nothing more than restriction of free speach, and has zero place in a free society, which I'm positive you have no love of.

But there are certainly a great many people who believe that anything other than straight, white, Christian Americans doing things the way they remember them done as a child is unacceptable. I have no problem with any of these groups, but none of them have the right to impose their views on others.

Everything always boils do to racism doesn't it? Well you pointing out something as being white is racism. Now, you've been served your own race card. Hope you choke on it.

Top Bottom