The purge of conservatives from the Republican party has begun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I consider FDR as one of the worst presidents and one of the ones that started this mess.

The only reason in the universe you would say a crazy thing like that is because it is the truth and you can see past the hype of dishonest history and can see what a destructive POS that man truly was! Well said! :rockwoot:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Not likely. The winners write the history books and BHO will be lauded as one of the "great" presidents like FDR.

+1. History is written by those that change the future.

at this point in the game I will express my own personal opinions, I usually hold them back. If you're easily butthurt, skip this post. Seriously.

If you voted third party and you expected to win, you're deluded. You might as well have voted for Obama. You stole votes from a party that actually stood a chance, and represented a positive factor, no matter how moderate he really was. Well done.
    If you didn't vote, because of apathy, then you're a lazy **** who deserves to be ejected from this world for not putting in the effort to care for what happens to yourself and your nation.
    If you didn't vote, because of ignorance and indecision, then good on you. You resisted the sway of advertisements and propaganda and stayed home because there seemed to be no solution for you. Unfortunate, but better than voting ignorantly.
    If you voted for your party and lost, then you didn't do enough. I fall into this category. Blame it on hope. I've lost hope.
    In 2008 we HOPED - things wouldn't be so bad.
    in 2010 we HOPED - we could at least take some control.
    in 2012 we HOPED - we could make a change.

Hope looks pretty sad in 2016 doesn't it.

My future will now be focused on action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    The American people have lost their way! Conservatism is being PC'd right out of existance. we are whining and complaining about raising revenues that are a miniscule portion of our gargantuan spending! What is the President's/Democrats' problem? This isn't about fiscal policy, it's about dismantling the Republican party. Screw the Dems and the Pres also! Lets' take the plunge! They can have their Clinton era tax rates to no avail. Put the screws to them and DO NOT COMPROMISE on the debt cieling. Congress controls the spending, not the President! Teach him a lesson he has not yet learned. I'm tired of hearing about the threats and accusations and all the BS from the left. The Repubs were willing to give some revenue. The Dems have all but said "We won the election, You must comply with our wishes!" If the Pres wants to win, he can win with a recession to start his legacy term! I'm over it!!!!!!! :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    +1. History is written by those that change the future.

at this point in the game I will express my own personal opinions, I usually hold them back. If you're easily butthurt, skip this post. Seriously.

If you voted third party and you expected to win, you're deluded. You might as well have voted for Obama. You stole votes from a party that actually stood a chance, and represented a positive factor, no matter how moderate he really was. Well done.
    If you didn't vote, because of apathy, then you're a lazy **** who deserves to be ejected from this world for not putting in the effort to care for what happens to yourself and your nation.
    If you didn't vote, because of ignorance and indecision, then good on you. You resisted the sway of advertisements and propaganda and stayed home because there seemed to be no solution for you. Unfortunate, but better than voting ignorantly.
    If you voted for your party and lost, then you didn't do enough. I fall into this category. Blame it on hope. I've lost hope.
    In 2008 we HOPED - things wouldn't be so bad.
    in 2010 we HOPED - we could at least take some control.
    in 2012 we HOPED - we could make a change.

Hope looks pretty sad in 2016 doesn't it.

My future will now be focused on action.

So what is you answer? Voting for a party that you do not agree with? Just voting R no matter who it is? That is not real solution but the :sheep: keep pushing it. Some R's deserve my vote, many many many other however do not.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

While it would be my preference to simply cut our way out I do not believe this is within our power. I won't go into details here but after studying the facts for some time I believe we need to cut spending as much as possible and raise revenues as little as possible, but raise them nonetheless.

If the Democrats would agree to cut spending by $10 and increase taxes by $1 I would jump at that and love it to death!!!

If they would agree to cut spending by $5 and increase taxes by $1 I would still go for it.

The problem is that each one of us comes to the table with our own tolerance for movement in one direction or the other. The fact is I understand that what I WANT I will NOT get, therefore compromise must occur to solve our long term fiscal course.

I do believe a $1 cut and a $1 increase in taxes would be too damaging and would not accept it, but some might.

In the end we need to stop pointing fingers at how we got into this mess, accept the mess we are in, and find a shovel to dig ourselves out - for the good of our children and the hope of restoring this great nation to its former glory.

Of course, that is just me.

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    To All,

While it would be my preference to simply cut our way out I do not believe this is within our power. I won't go into details here but after studying the facts for some time I believe we need to cut spending as much as possible and raise revenues as little as possible, but raise them nonetheless.

If the Democrats would agree to cut spending by $10 and increase taxes by $1 I would jump at that and love it to death!!!

If they would agree to cut spending by $5 and increase taxes by $1 I would still go for it.

The problem is that each one of us comes to the table with our own tolerance for movement in one direction or the other. The fact is I understand that what I WANT I will NOT get, therefore compromise must occur to solve our long term fiscal course.

I do believe a $1 cut and a $1 increase in taxes would be too damaging and would not accept it, but some might.

In the end we need to stop pointing fingers at how we got into this mess, accept the mess we are in, and find a shovel to dig ourselves out - for the good of our children and the hope of restoring this great nation to its former glory.

Of course, that is just me.

Regards,

Doug

The only reason I would not go along with this is that early in Reagan's first term, he made a deal with the Dems agreeing to a tax increase in exchange for spending cuts. They reneged. With that spineless Boehner as the face of the GOP, the fight was lost before it started.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    So what is you answer? Voting for a party that you do not agree with? Just voting R no matter who it is? That is not real solution but the :sheep: keep pushing it. Some R's deserve my vote, many many many other however do not.

vote the solution that best fits your personal agenda, but JFC be reasonable.
    c'mon, you seriously didn't expect a 3rd party to win right?
    a straight R ticket doesn't fit my personal agenda, given that i'm liberal with personal rights like gay marriage and such HOWEVER, due to the pickle we're in, we need business sense to put the American business back on track.
    in my head, with my agenda, gay equality can wait whilst we dig our ass out of 16.4t worth of debt. we have bigger fish to fry.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Getting rid of the conservatives and pandering to libertarians could be the greatest thing that ever happened to the Republican party.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Getting rid of the conservatives and pandering to libertarians could be the greatest thing that ever happened to the Republican party.

The problem is that the opposite is happening. The GOP is pandering to leftists on the issues where conservatives and libertarians are most alike, particularly regarding finance and expansion of government.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Republican elites share the same globalist, totalitarian agenda as the Democrat elites. Its the bitter truth that we need to come to grips with, if we ever want to see an improvement to this country or either major party.

Boehner has long since auctioned off his principles and sold out the American public. We should only expect this from one of the most vocal advocates for TARP. He is not on your side, America.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Republican elites share the same globalist, totalitarian agenda as the Democrat elites. Its the bitter truth that we need to come to grips with, if we ever want to see an improvement to this country or either major party.

Boehner has long since auctioned off his principles and sold out the American public. We should only expect this from one of the most vocal advocates for TARP. He is not on your side, America.

I didn't realize he ever had any! Seriously, they truly are opposite sides of the same bad coin.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The American people have lost their way! Conservatism is being PC'd right out of existance.

Assuming that "PC" means "political correctness," I believe you're mistaken. Political correctness, i.e., not bandying about one's reprehensible prejudices, has long been a boogeyman the Right loves to trot out when criticized, but in this case there's no case to be made the political correctness played a role.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    :rolleyes:Yeah, that's what I have always thought it meant.

Feel free to provide counterexamples. I encounter people complaining about the burden of "political correctness" occasionally, and so far it has always been in that context.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Feel free to provide counterexamples. I encounter people complaining about the burden of "political correctness" occasionally, and so far it has always been in that context.

In the spirit of the season...

images

How about Santas not being able to say HO-HO-HO, because of course, it's derogatory to women.

How about a Christmas Tree being called a holiday tree.

How about my kids not being able to sing traditional Christmas songs in their elementary school's Christmas program.

How about a school the cannot have an Easter egg hunt, but instead has to search for "spring spheres"

How about the word manhole being changed to utility or maintenance hole by some city councils.

Political correctness is an attempt by the left to force into existence a right to not be offended.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Assuming that "PC" means "political correctness," I believe you're mistaken. Political correctness, i.e., not bandying about one's reprehensible prejudices, has long been a boogeyman the Right loves to trot out when criticized, but in this case there's no case to be made the political correctness played a role.

Can you cite some of these "reprehensible prejudices"?

Top Bottom