The purge of conservatives from the Republican party has begun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Horn, are you trying to give me bad dreams tonight? :D

Maybe 5 repubs out of a hundred will have their eyes opened to what this establishment party is all about. Sadly, 4 of those 5 with go running back to the Anybody But (insert evil democrat here) camp.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bottom line: We need a new conservative party. Need a new leader to spearhead the effort, which will take at least eight years and two national elections to demonstrate its viability. We will funding, too.

Maybe I am dreaming of a white knight, but I still believe it can be done. It is worth the effort to try, anyway. GOP and the Dems are committed to maintaining their power, nothing more.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bottom line: We need a new conservative party. Need a new leader to spearhead the effort, which will take at least eight years and two national elections to demonstrate its viability. We will funding, too.

Maybe I am dreaming of a white knight, but I still believe it can be done. It is worth the effort to try, anyway. GOP and the Dems are committed to maintaining their power, nothing more.

You can count on the repubs attacking a true conservative more viciously than the dems will.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe 5 repubs out of a hundred will have their eyes opened to what this establishment party is all about. Sadly, 4 of those 5 with go running back to the Anybody But (insert evil democrat here) camp.

If the democrats are able to destroy the republican then what makes you think that the libertarians will survive? Obama's goal is one party rule.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No we need to plan for the possibility of one party rule and how to survive within it. How to take out the left during the primaries.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Murder is always murder. Murder is never justifiable. Killing to prevent a murder, assault, rape or other harm upon yourself or others is justified.

Yeah but the point is that defining murder is somewhat difficult. All murders are homicides, but not all homicides are murders.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just because someone calls it murder does not mean that it was not a justified killing

As a general statement this is true; However, if there were any such thing as justice, Lon Horiuchi and the joker responsible for his orders would have been either executed or imprisoned until the second coming of Christ. Shooting a woman out from under her baby definitely qualifies as murder, even if you can pull procedural hoops to dismiss the case.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    According to the latest news the reps that were "purged" were gotten rid of because they were "***holes", not because of their "conservative" values. Apparently, they just weren't good team players.

'The a--hole factor' - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

Yes, but when the leadership is just slightly to the right of the Dems, wouldn't that automatically make anyone who was a reliable conservative 'not a team player'?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe. Then again, it really could have been that they were a-holes. No-one needs a-holes mucking things up.

Considering that this description applies beautifully to Boehner, I have my own guess as to the actual problem, especially since those on the receiving end were bucking the party by calling for significant reduction in spending money we don't have.

Top Bottom