• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why hasn't this garnered any comments. DOUBLED? WTF?

The courts have apparently decided that the brakes may not be applied barring a compelling reason to stop any given individual being presented. What else would a person expect?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Donald Trump is an IDIOT. I was expecting his latest attempt with restrictions on travel to have a solid chance at passing... but his two tweets this morning seem to pretty much sabotage that from happening. What in the hell is that guy thinking???

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump tweet this morning

"The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C."

If you didn't like the 2nd one, why sign it? By calling 2nd travel ban "watered down", Trump may increase courts' likelihood of questioning its motivation and "good faith"

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Justice Department - particularly the appellate division - works for him. If he was that confident that the first was constitutional, he could've told them to do it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump tweet this morning

"The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C."

If you didn't like the 2nd one, why sign it? By calling 2nd travel ban "watered down", Trump may increase courts' likelihood of questioning its motivation and "good faith"

Gotta give him him points for being honest, but D*** he's stupid. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    why is it stupid to try to save lives?????

I'm not even trying to argue the merits or potential problems with the travel ban or whether they have even bothered to attempt to improve the vetting process while this thing has been put on hold by the courts.

I'm just pointing out that while his lawyers are trying to make the case that this isn't a travel ban and the intent is one thing Trump is Tweeting out the opposite. He's pleasing his base but he's doing everything he can to lose his case. So what's more important, actually imposing his travel ban or Tweeting things just to please his base?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not even try to argue the merits or potential problems with the travel ban or whether they have even attempted to improve the vetting process while this has been put on hold by the courts at this point.

I'm just pointing out while his lawyers are trying to make the case that this isn't a travel ban and the intent is one thing while Trump goes ahead and Tweets out the opposite. He's pleasing his base but he's doing everything he can to lose his case.

I thought I read or heard on the news somewhere that since the EO was halted by the courts, the part that directs the efforts to improve vetting is also halted. But I agree with the point of how stupid the tweet is. It's hard to insist that the campaign rhetoric was just campaign rhetoric when you say the same stuff on Twitter while President.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I thought I read or heard on the news somewhere that since the EO was halted by the courts, the part that directs the efforts to improve vetting is also halted. But I agree with the point of how stupid the tweet is. It's hard to insist that the campaign rhetoric was just campaign rhetoric when you say the same stuff on Twitter while President.

At this point to be honest I don't know if they are doing anything or not. I do find it hard to believe that they can't research the issue and try to improve vetting. I guess it possible but I don't know the answer and I haven't seen anything to this point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought I read or heard on the news somewhere that since the EO was halted by the courts, the part that directs the efforts to improve vetting is also halted.

1) The vetting may have stopped. Or enhanced vetting not developed or whatever. I haven't read that.

2) It kinda doesn't matter. Regardless whether the actual EO is stopped, Trump can continue developing the plans/processes for enhanced vetting. I think I've said all along - this is something he can do WITHOUT an EO and without court approval.

He could score huge/yuge PR points by having the plan and saying, "This is what I can't do because of the courts." I don't think there's a plan.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    1) The vetting may have stopped. Or enhanced vetting not developed or whatever. I haven't read that.

2) It kinda doesn't matter. Regardless whether the actual EO is stopped, Trump can continue developing the plans/processes for enhanced vetting. I think I've said all along - this is something he can do WITHOUT an EO and without court approval.

He could score huge/yuge PR points by having the plan and saying, "This is what I can't do because of the courts." I don't think there's a plan.

So scoring points is the point, and not saving lives??

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So scoring points is the point, and not saving lives??
    This question is Kafka-esque.

Federal law enforcement is charged with vetting immigrants. There are robust measures in place to do that, so as to maintain a high level of security. Trump's stated goal, in a kind six-sigma sense, is to increase the measures to incrementally increase security. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

To the extent that goal has been stymied by the litigation, he has the opportunity to both incrementally increase security AND score PR points by having an articulable, rational plan that incrementally increases security.

I'm guess I should've been more explicit earlier.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This question is Kafka-esque.

Federal law enforcement is charged with vetting immigrants. There are robust measures in place to do that, so as to maintain a high level of security. Trump's stated goal, in a kind six-sigma sense, is to increase the measures to incrementally increase security. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

To the extent that goal has been stymied by the litigation, he has the opportunity to both incrementally increase security AND score PR points by having an articulable, rational plan that incrementally increases security.

I'm guess I should've been more explicit earlier.

Ah, so scoring points to him is the most important thing.

Or he just so smart, that he makes himself look stupid. LOL

Give it up. This Tweeting thing does nothing but jeopardize his EO. Trump is a reality star has-been who loves himself above all else and he loves the applause, but he's terrible at governing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Give it up, T.Lex. Everyone's onto you.
    Indeed.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be giving up, but I will certainly do my best to do that, so as to increase my personal value to some random internet dude.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .... I never put two and two together.

That's what the "T" stands for!

And "Lex" obviously is short for heteroduplex.

Something about the duality of mankind, something existential.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh snap.

Time to change usernames again.

[strike]ATM[/strike]
    [strike]Tactical Timmy[/strike]
    [strike]SindyF[/strike]
    [strike]Freedom Saunders[/strike]
    [strike]BridgeDudeEleventyOne[/strike]

This'll be more difficult than I thought.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Indeed.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be giving up, but I will certainly do my best to do that, so as to increase my personal value to some random internet dude.

I am having trouble in my battle of wits with him too. Shame I'm not Sicilian. Sorry princess

Last edited:
    Top Bottom