• BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hmmm, interesting

The Dutch Elections and the Looming Crisis | RealClearWorld

In other words, the nationalism issue has become a football in a growing class struggle between those who praise tolerance but do not face the pain of being tolerant, and those who see tolerance as the abandonment of all they learned as a child. I began by talking about Hitler, whom no reasonable and decent person wants to emulate. Yet, what made him strong was that the elite held his followers in contempt. They had nowhere else to go, and nothing to lose. Having lost much in World War I and the depression, they had nothing left but pride in being German. And the scorn in which they were held turned nationalism into a monstrosity.

Scorn and contempt are even more powerful a force than poverty. Liberals are sensitive to the scorn directed at immigrants, but rarely to those who must deal with immigration not as a means of moral self-satisfaction, but in daily life. This is not about immigration or free trade. It is about the nation, first loves, and the foundations of liberalism.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    However, the dispute about the revised executive order will likely go up to the Supreme Court (especially if at least one circuit court concludes that the revised order is likewise invalid, perhaps citing the earlier 9th Circuit panel opinion as precedent). And at that point this five-judge dissent will be influential, as a major and detailed argument for the constitutionality of such executive orders.

I interpreted the 'them' to be The Gorsuch Nine

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    These two quotes from the article:

"I mean, Roberto has his Social Security card," Helen told affiliate WNDU-TV earlier this month.

AND

Now, the owner of Eddie's Steak Shed in Granger may have to leave the country for nine months until his green card comes through.

60080607.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    These two quotes from the article:

AND

60080607.jpg

When dealing with immigration stuff, even as little as I have, it is important to suspend a certain amount of disbelief about what happens within the system, at several levels.

People try to shortcut a byzantine system, and that byzantine system can produce inherently contradictory results for someone trying to play it straight.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    When dealing with immigration stuff, even as little as I have, it is important to suspend a certain amount of disbelief about what happens within the system, at several levels.

People try to shortcut a byzantine system, and that byzantine system can produce inherently contradictory results for someone trying to play it straight.

Or, perhaps, what the wife THINKS is HIS social security card, is actually, in fact, someone else's?

ETA: While the SSA might have inadvertently issued him a card in his own name and identity, my money is on the ABOVE... I bet with the odds. :D

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Or, perhaps, what the wife THINKS is HIS social security card, is actually, in fact, someone else's?

ETA: While the SSA might have inadvertently issued him a card in his own name and identity, my money is on the ABOVE... I bet with the odds. :D
    The odds are actually against you, IMHO. :)

The odds are better that the SSA intentionally issued him a card based on the then-current regulations that allowed him to get it. Whenever that was and whatever those qualifications were at the time.

If there was ever an area of law with moving goalposts over time, immigration would be it. :)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The AP has been reporting on it. This notion of it not being part of whatever narrative is demonstrably untrue.
    Maryland high school thrust into immigration debate amid bathroom rape case - Chicago Tribune

The AP story you linked to was ONE WEEK after the (alleged) rape occurred, and multiple DAYS after the story broke on National Fox, many days after it broke on local Fox. Only Fox News saw this as a "national" story. MSM is awaking to the FACT that Fox is the #1 national news outlet... and if they choose not to cover nationally important stories because of their bias, they will continue to loose viewers and readers as people wake up to their agenda-driven "news".

Plus, POTUS is pushing the narrative that illegals are evil and the MSM reports on that every time he says it.
    His narrative is that they shouldn't be here in the first place, so any crimes they commit, especially heinous ones like this, committed against a CHILD in her SCHOOL, are too many.

Law breakers tend to break more laws is not some recent discovery. What a surprise, at least one, possibly two, appear to be rapists.

Top Bottom