• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bank of America will no longer lend to private prisons and immigrant detention facilities.

Once again with the glaring hypocrisy. "I will not make a gay-themed wedding cake because it goes against my religious beliefs, but I will happy to make you a cake or sell you any of my other products." = RAGING HOMOPHOBIC CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATING OPPRESSOR!!!!

"I will not do business with companies of your type, because... well, because I don't like your type of company." = Hunky dory!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Once again with the glaring hypocrisy. "I will not make a gay-themed wedding cake because it goes against my religious beliefs, but I will happy to make you a cake or sell you any of my other products." = RAGING HOMOPHOBIC CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATING OPPRESSOR!!!!

"I will not do business with companies of your type, because... well, because I don't like your type of company." = Hunky dory!

Maybe someone should start a movement to make Bank of America change their name. There's nothing American about them at this point.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Bank of America will no longer lend to private prisons and immigrant detention facilities.

Oh no doubt.

I might have posted this years back....
    In CA, B of A was all into illegals and immigrant rights, etc... They would advertise specials for people making money in the US to "Ship it Home" south of the boarder. No fee specials for their brown customers to send any amount of money across to Mexico back to their families. They had commercials on TV, radio, posters around town and a few billboards that I remember.

I kept thinking... How is that helping our economy here in the US? :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh no doubt.

I might have posted this years back....
    In CA, B of A was all into illegals and immigrant rights, etc... They would advertiser specials for people making money in the US to "Ship it Home" south of the boarder. No fee specials for their brown customers to send any amount of money across to Mexico back to their families. They had commercials on TV, radio, posters around town and a few billboards that I remember.

I kept thinking... How is that helping our economy here in the US? :xmad:

Apparently they've not been "American" for longer than I thought.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How bout BOA putting thier money where their mouth is by not lending to members of Congress that sit on thier big fat political asses and choose to do nothing?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can you imagine the outcry if they declared that they will no longer lend to blacks or any other "protected class"? I mean "because we don't like your type" is a completely valid and legal reason not to do business with someone these days for some businesses. And they say that conservatives are the ones setting back civil rights? This is the same damn thing as businesses posting "No blacks allowed" signs in their windows.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nah. More petty. Like, “I won’t do business with your business because your business does business with unwoke companies.”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Your move, Nancy.

D-FZfziWkAImAvv.jpg:small

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pelosi announces the House will pass the senate bill. A rare win for McConnell
    She backed herself into a corner.

The situation on the border demands immediate action that both Democrats and Republicans are starting to acknowledge.

Any further delays would make Pelosi look even more like the petty partisan than she already is.

There really was no political upside to be gained by further posturing at this point.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NRO: Every Dem on Debate Stage Endorses Publicly Funded Health Care for Illegal Immigrants
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ly-funded-health-care-for-illegal-immigrants/

And many of them support ending private health insurance via employers, which covers some 150 Million Americans.

Not sure that plays well with the traditional blue collar base of Dems.

They've pretty much given that up.
    I know a few blue collar people that feel the party has left them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom