• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Could have been better stated.

It pains me that we did not believe President Trump about the crisis on the border and move more quickly to ameliorate the problem.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The festering border crisis is a perfect example of many on how people that can't get past their TDS have negatively affected this country and made things worse.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...FRPT0p2LIsrv3u3Gzg9_iQhCFIMwuRMZIIt7cPGWa2cPE
    Fareed Zakaria: "It Pains Me To Say This," But Trump Was Right About Asylum System

|

Posted By Ian Schwartz
    On Date July 2, 2019

He "admits" quite a bit in this article, but still remains in denial about a very central point:

Many simply use the system to enter the U.S. and then melt into the shadows or gain a work permit while their application is pending.

No, they are entering illegally in massive numbers and are gaming the asylum system to remain in the US, being freely released within 20 days, avoiding detention and deportation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He "admits" quite a bit in this article, but still remains in denial about a very central point:

No, they are entering illegally in massive numbers and are gaming the asylum system to remain in the US, being freely released within 20 days, avoiding detention and deportation.
    They’ve been well coached.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Interesting. Mexico has installed a whole-vehicle X-Ray machine at the southern border to help catch illegal immigrants at their southern border.

tJXJzOR.png

Mexico steps up raids on migrant-smuggling trucks, uses giant X-ray

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just saw a news blurb scroll across the bottom of the screen: The US places a border between children and their caretakers.

Last time I checked, that border hasn't moved since the Gadsden Purchase of 1853. Either someone is lying or these are the oldest children in world history.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just saw a news blurb scroll across the bottom of the screen: The US places a border between children and their caretakers.

Last time I checked, that border hasn't moved since the Gadsden Purchase of 1853. Either someone is lying or these are the oldest children in world history.

Was that the actual language used, are they now admitting that many of these children are not even with their actual parents?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two senior administration officials confirm that the president is planning on announcing Executive Action today to add the citizenship question to the 2020 Census.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    His pen and phone, being used to subvert a SCOTUS decision. (If the report is actually true, of course.)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Two senior administration officials confirm that the president is planning on announcing Executive Action today to add the citizenship question to the 2020 Census.

:rolleyes:

The whole goal of the census it to get an accurate head count, but it's DC, so everything has to be politicized.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Was that the actual language used, are they now admitting that many of these children are not even with their actual parents?
    That was the language but I imagine they would argue that the happy little family was all together before we dropped a damned laser-guided border between the kids and their parents.
    :rolleyes:

The whole goal of the census it to get an accurate head count, but it's DC, so everything has to be politicized.

The census is inherently political. It isnt about supplying one of the answers for Trivial Pursuit. It is about apportioning congressional seats, electoral votes, and federal funding. Are you telling us you don't care if we are deprived of what is rightfully ours by illegals who are entitled to exactly zero of the above?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    His pen and phone, being used to subvert a SCOTUS decision. (If the report is actually true, of course.)

I was not aware that SCOTUS had ruled either way about the question. My understanding was they declined to overturn a lower court's ruling that the motivation for adding the question was inadequately explained, on some pretext of discrimination and returned adjudication to that lower court

It would seem that we will get to see just what the limits are on a court's ability to second guess the president on some pretext, and meanwhile the printing of the census with the question will go forward. Win-win

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The census is inherently political. It isn't about supplying one of the answers for Trivial Pursuit. It is about apportioning congressional seats, electoral votes, and federal funding. Are you telling us you don't care if we are deprived of what is rightfully ours by illegals who are entitled to exactly zero of the above?

I'm pretty sure Article I, clause 3 says they count for 3/5th.

If a person is here, and paying federal taxes...

Top Bottom