• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is he gonna do it

Address the nation? That looks like a certainty.

I expect him to simply talk about how the Dems and some Republicans are obstructing his Wall and blame them. He'll use it as a rally speech on TV.

I seriously doubt anything substantive will be floated.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Address the nation? That looks like a certainty.

I expect him to simply talk about how the Dems and some Republicans are obstructing his Wall and blame them. He'll use it as a rally speech on TV.

I seriously doubt anything substantive will be floated.

As he should.
    I hired him to do a job and they are slowing him down. As his boss, I'm not happy with them so any way he can get it done I'm all in. :rockwoot:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As he should.
    I hired him to do a job and they are slowing him down. As his boss, I'm not happy with them so any way he can get it done I'm all in. :rockwoot:

No. He doesn't need to take over broadcast TV to deliver a political speech that isn't actually a very big deal to most people.

There does not appear to be any new national security issue. The border protections are basically the same as they were 1/5/10/20 years ago. We aren't being invaded. Crime is not increasing because of our border problems.

If I wanted to watch Trump deliver a stump speech, I'd go to one of his events. Or follow him on Twitter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No. He doesn't need to take over broadcast TV to deliver a political speech that isn't actually a very big deal to most people.

There does not appear to be any new national security issue. The border protections are basically the same as they were 1/5/10/20 years ago. We aren't being invaded. Crime is not increasing because of our border problems.

If I wanted to watch Trump deliver a stump speech, I'd go to one of his events. Or follow him on Twitter.

Sorry. I didn't know his broadcast would delay the "The Golden Girls" episode. :):

No invasion eh? OK..... Your cave must be comfy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry. I didn't know his broadcast would delay the "The Golden Girls" episode. :):

No invasion eh? OK..... Your cave must be comfy.
    Bea Arthur is more entertaining than Trump's speeches, at least.* :D

And indeed - there is no invasion. Both literally and figuratively.

I am to the point where I recognize Trump talking about immigration is the functional equivalent of Bill Clinton sending cruise missiles into random places in his own fight against terrorism. It is the easy distraction.

Heck, if there really is an invasion, we aren't paying ENOUGH attention to it.

* Yes, even in her current... situation.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Bea Arthur is more entertaining than Trump's speeches, at least.* :D

And indeed - there is no invasion. Both literally and figuratively.

I am to the point where I recognize Trump talking about immigration is the functional equivalent of Bill Clinton sending cruise missiles into random places in his own fight against terrorism. It is the easy distraction.

Heck, if there really is an invasion, we aren't paying ENOUGH attention to it.

* Yes, even in her current... situation.

You need to visit CA. There's no words to describe what's been going on there for years. It is definitely an invasion. They don't even hide it anymore.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You need to visit CA. There's no words to describe what's been going on there for years. It is definitely an invasion. They don't even hide it anymore.

I was there over the summer. Had a lovely time. No invasion.

If there is one, why has the military not defended us?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We invite you to “vacation” in our Sanctuary State.

If you make it here we will provide you with benefits and harbor you from the Feds.

Doesn’t matter if you’re a criminal or not.

It’s none of our business.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was there over the summer. Had a lovely time. No invasion.

If there is one, why has the military not defended us?

Because liberals and rhinos welcome it.
    INSs hands have been tied for a long time until now. Thank God.....oh and Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As he should.

"Any" way? I'm assuming you mean within his constitutionally provided powers, right?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Any" way? I'm assuming you mean within his constitutionally provided powers, right?

Ya.... No.....
    At this point I really don't care.
    Besides, it will give the media something else to complain about.

Oh I'm sorry..... it will distract everyone from what Trump is REALLY doing. Isn't that the new dig? :lmfao:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya.... No.....
    At this point I really don't care.
    Besides, it will give the media something else to complain about.

Oh I'm sorry..... it will distract everyone from what Trump is REALLY doing. Isn't that the new dig? :lmfao:

Well, at least you're honest about what you want.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Hell, he may invoke the "national emergency," thingy, build the wall unilaterally. If he did that, which might actually be legal, it would be one of biggest executive power grabs in modern American history. I need to brush up on what that power actually entails.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hell, he may invoke the "national emergency," thingy, build the wall unilaterally. If he did that, which might actually be legal, it would be one of biggest executive power grabs in modern American history. I need to brush up on what that power actually entails.

Yeah, I have certain thoughts along the lines, but more a function of his role as CINC. He can deploy the military to protect us whenever/wherever.

The longer-term problem - and this also goes for your theory about "national emergency" - he has to pay for it at some point. That's where he needs buy-in from Congress, specifically the House.

There are emergency funds he could tap, but that has 2 risks that I can think of:
    - There isn't enough to actually accomplish what he needs; and,
    - It would leave those funds empty for real emergencies like hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, etc.

Now, regardless whether it is a bad idea, he could at least take some steps along those lines.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah, I have certain thoughts along the lines, but more a function of his role as CINC. He can deploy the military to protect us whenever/wherever.

The longer-term problem - and this also goes for your theory about "national emergency" - he has to pay for it at some point. That's where he needs buy-in from Congress, specifically the House.

There are emergency funds he could tap, but that has 2 risks that I can think of:
    - There isn't enough to actually accomplish what he needs; and,
    - It would leave those funds empty for real emergencies like hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, etc.

Now, regardless whether it is a bad idea, he could at least take some steps along those lines.
    Yeah but are the Democrats really going to leave that money empty if we have another national disaster? That would be all on them if their votes controlled the purse.
    I said before I thought he could declare Marshall law to do the border. A state of emergency to get it done is fine with me. Whatever it takes. This is serious business and not just some dumb trump idea like the left wants to make people believe. They are liars and our country is in danger.
    Build that mother ****ing wall. Take congresses pension to do it. Hell like a year ago I suggested selling bricks in the wall (not literal bricks for those on the left who like to get specific to argue) and letting average Americans put their names on the wall to get it built. Well looks like one dude had a similar idea and started a go fund me. It's already got millions of dollars from average Americans. Just dont let the Democrats have a say In what its spent on or theyll use it for abortions or to bring more illegals here

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What money?

How much of the country is running on money that's essentially conjured out of thin air?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CBS says the address will run no longer than 8 minutes, according to the White House.

I think it's going to be a quick "**** you, here's what I'm doing" distraction from something... while it inevitably goes to the courts.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I wonder if constructing a proper strategic barrier would'nt be a "very big deal" to most BP personnel manning the front lines on the southern border?

I think they might be interested in what Trump might have to say when he takes over broadcast TV to deliver a political speech.

Top Bottom