• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Duh. I think we're looking at definition 2... or 1a.

:)

Especially this time of year, "hunting permits" to me means tags or bag limits.

My bad.

In terms of "permits" to "take only pictures, leave only footprints" then it seems like existing laws against trespass on private property would be adequate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They pretty much let anybody do it now with a technicality of a department of insurance license or something in Indiana if I remember right so what's the difference? Cleaning up 'Merca, fees and license waved. Some states require nothing

The problem is that there's no possible way to determine, efficiently, who is illegal or not. If people start detaining people Willy-Nilly, that's going to be a HUGE problem.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe they could get all organized. Have uniforms. Not camo - that might be intimidating. Maybe something khaki or tan.

Maybe a cool logo, too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Easy - just check for skin tone.

Back in day, in SD I walked along the border, even temporarily into Mexico, had few border guys drive by me, without an issue.
    I find it amazing that at one time walking "officially" into Mexico, was as simple as going through a turnstile.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Back in day, in SD I walked along the border, even temporarily into Mexico, had few border guys drive by me, without an issue.
    I find it amazing that at one time walking "officially" into Mexico, was as simple as going through a turnstile.

IKR?

Go back and watch Orson Welles' Touch of Evil - mostly because it's a great film in which Charlton Heston plays a Mexican, and to see how lax the border security was.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If one wants to see the future of this country if its left on it's current liberal path, look at California. People have been jumping ship for decades because of illegals and of coarse other reasons. But it's all coming to a farm community near you . If you think you are too isolated to be affected you aren't. And if you don't live long enough to see it your kids and grandkids will.
    It's way past time to be nice and diplomatic about this stuff. Politicians and courts have failed. Time to take back control of our communities at the local level and rid it of the pox of illegals for one.
    It's not a race issue either. I don't care if they're Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, german, Kenyan. Get'em the **** out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Somebody I don't know asking to see my tax return will get an enthusiastic "no thanks."

Besides, how many people in the khaki uniforms would be able to spot a fake 1040?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In terms of priorities, I see it as a numbers game. The USian population centers are where jobs and friends are, not to mention the roads to get there. The shortest distance between 2 points kinda thing. Most migrants are most likely to follow that course. The Wall can provide choke points and bottlenecks.

I'm not saying the rural areas aren't vulnerable, I just think those problems are less served by The Wall. (Particularly in places that would require taking significant amounts of private property.)

Regardless, some level of articulation about how this is actually going to proceed would REALLY help on the PR side of things. It kinda doesn't matter what the priorities are; it matters that someone in leadership is prioritizing.

I'm just not seeing that at this point.
    I agree that things might progress alittle better if the Trump administration can craft and present a cohesive multifaceted comprehensive border security plan which includes strategic border barrier placements.

I don’t think even the Trump administration feels that a barrier is needed to span the entire border but you wouldn’t know that because they haven’t properly articulated their intentions.

Top Bottom