• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have researching the existing immigration laws and the loopholes and how they are being abused. If a person can achive refugee or asylum status you have basically got the “golden ring”.
    Refugees can become a citizen in a year or so and immediately go to work get a drivers license and SS card or receive SSDI if they are disabled and get this they can petition to bring family members into the country before they are a citizen.
    I assume this is the reason that cases for refugee status went from 5,100 in 2008 to a staggering 250,000 in 2017! Lawyers coach the immigrants on the story to tell in order to get approved and how to appeal. Get this if you say you were abused after arrival in the US you can receive asylum status and SSI for being abused?

I think we may have already lost the fight on this issue and we might want to start looking for a new country to settle in?

Who is a Refugee or Asylee?
    A refugee or asylee is any person who is outside his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return to that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution.

• Persecution or the fear thereof must be based on the individual's race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion
    • Refugees and asylees are eligible to adjust to lawful permanent resident status after one year of continuous presence in the United States
    • All refugees and asylees have employment authorization based on their status

History of Battery and Cruelty for Immigrants
    A history of battery and cruelty within the U.S. may extend SSI eligibility for those non-citizens who do not fit the above categories, and they may be a “deemed qualified alien”

• Applicants will need to know that this question about battery and cruelty will be asked and may need help in talking about their experiences
      • Question 13(a) on the SSA-8000 (SSI application) is the first question about this issue
      • Question 13(b) addresses whether or not a formal petition has been submitted with DHS for a change in immigration status because of battery or cruelty

B69, could you please source the information on refugees and asylees vis a vis SSDI for me? I wish to use it elsewhere where the individuals are almost as jaded and cynical as INGO can be and I'm sure citations will be demanded

Thank you

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump should declare Marshall Law along the U.S. border. Problem solved.

What would that entail exactly? Normally it means the suspension of "normal" law. I'm not sure the American citizens living along the border would be happy with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump should declare Marshall Law along the U.S. border. Problem solved.

I get that people want to see the US government gain some better control of the borders. But this is some pretty authoritarian rule you’re advocating. I don’t se a problem that this proposed action would solve, at least not in a way that doesn’t establish an authoritarian precedent for future presidents you may not agree with.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I get that people want to see the US government gain some better control of the borders. But this is some pretty authoritarian rule you’re advocating. I don’t se a problem that this proposed action would solve, at least not in a way that doesn’t establish an authoritarian precedent for future presidents you may not agree with.

I concur with Jamil.

Simply enforcing the law and appealing the #resist rulings by judges is the way to go. No need to go "full Obama", let the normal processes work. :)

And, in the meantime, images of people illegally entering by climbing over and squeezing between pieces of dilapidated sheet metal only broadens support for a real barrier, especially near population centers.

mexico-4-gty-er-181125_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Think there needs to be more clarity on where The Wall will go. Near population centers makes the most sense.

We really don't need (IMHO), the hundreds of miles of wall in the middle of private property and wasteland. Or at least prioritize those areas lower for budgeting purposes.

Politically, making those kinds of determinations and then articulating them is what can really define an effective leader.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Think there needs to be more clarity on where The Wall will go. Near population centers makes the most sense.

We really don't need (IMHO), the hundreds of miles of wall in the middle of private property and wasteland. Or at least prioritize those areas lower for budgeting purposes.

Politically, making those kinds of determinations and then articulating them is what can really define an effective leader.
    Ranchers along the border may disagree. If we have to have a wall, I can see prioritizing areas by vulnerability to illegal entry. And areas with naturally prohibitive terrain should probably be the lowest priority. Not necessarily just because it’s rural. However true the accounts may be, there are plenty of stories about ranchers finding camps from large numbers of presumably illegal border crossers. I don’t think rural-ness is much deterrent at all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ranchers along the border may disagree. If we have to have a wall, I can see prioritizing areas by vulnerability to illegal entry. And areas with naturally prohibitive terrain should probably be the lowest priority. Not necessarily just because it’s rural. However true the accounts may be, there are plenty of stories about ranchers finding camps from large numbers of presumably illegal border crossers. I don’t think rural-ness is much deterrent at all.

In terms of priorities, I see it as a numbers game. The USian population centers are where jobs and friends are, not to mention the roads to get there. The shortest distance between 2 points kinda thing. Most migrants are most likely to follow that course. The Wall can provide choke points and bottlenecks.

I'm not saying the rural areas aren't vulnerable, I just think those problems are less served by The Wall. (Particularly in places that would require taking significant amounts of private property.)

Regardless, some level of articulation about how this is actually going to proceed would REALLY help on the PR side of things. It kinda doesn't matter what the priorities are; it matters that someone in leadership is prioritizing.

I'm just not seeing that at this point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Permits to hunt illegal immigrants?

No.

Does "hunt" in this context mean something other than kill?
    Yeah roundem up, offer rewards. Like a bounty hunter but for illegals. You could make a good living off of it. I've said it before.
    As far as the killing part obviously self defense applies, but for the border let the military do the hard part. I want a secured border with a monefield. Post signs. If someone walks into that then it's their own damn fault.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah roundem up, offer rewards. Like a bounty hunter but for illegals. You could make a good living off of it. I've said it before.
    As far as the killing part obviously self defense applies, but for the border let the military do the hard part. I want a secured border with a monefield. Post signs. If someone walks into that then it's their own damn fault.

Interesting.... would the bounty hunters need to be trained? Or could anybody do it?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Permits to hunt illegal immigrants?

No.

Does "hunt" in this context mean something other than kill?

Duh. I think we're looking at definition 2... or 1a.

:)

hunt verb
    \ˈhənt \
    hunted; hunting; hunts
    Definition of hunt (Entry 1 of 5)
    transitive verb

1a : to pursue for food or in sport

b : to manage in the search for game

2a : to pursue with intent to capture

b : to search out : SEEK

3 : to drive or chase especially by harrying

4 : to traverse in search of prey

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Interesting.... would the bounty hunters need to be trained? Or could anybody do it?
    They pretty much let anybody do it now with a technicality of a department of insurance license or something in Indiana if I remember right so what's the difference? Cleaning up 'Merca, fees and license waved. Some states require nothing

Top Bottom