• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, the Federal government, who, in essence, has no money in their bank account, should be paying?

Conservatives hate deficit spending. Unless it's for something they really want.

If we want a wall, let's do what we all should do when we want something - don't buy something else and save money for the thing we really want - in that order.

Yes, it's all that CRAZY spending in the grey that is causing the deficits... :rolleyes:

US_Federal_Government_expenditures.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Quit sending money to all these other countries and take care of **** here at home

Perhaps it makes more economical sense to send money to these other countries.

US $$$ ---> ****hole Central American country to clean up their gangs ---> migrants stop fleeing violence & forcing their way into America.

It's a win-win scenario, maybe for less money. I'm all about solving the problem for a little $ as possible. Maybe that hiring more border agents, maybe that's building a wall, and maybe it's helping Honduras reduce their crime rate. Or, maybe it's something else entirely.

I'm just looking for the best bang for the buck, not trying to get reelected or build a legacy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Then take it from there.

But actually do it, don't just lie to the American public with a false promise like every other time.
    I agree and IMO Trump will live or die on whether he can ultimately make good and deliver some sort of substantive progress in the next 2 years.

Gonna be near impossible though when Democrats take charge of the House in a few weeks. So much wasted time.

Mexico was and is is never going to pay for the wall. Drop that canard and present it to the people in similar fashion like I laid out in my previous post.

It sort of got you to acknowledge my point and i’m not even POTUS.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

US $$$ ---> ****hole Central American country to [STRIKE]clean up their gangs[/STRIKE] line the pockets of their corrupt government officials who funnel the money to the drug cartels ---> migrants [STRIKE]stop[/STRIKE] keep fleeing violence & forcing their way into America.

It's a [STRIKE]win-win[/STRIKE] lose-lose scenario, [STRIKE]maybe[/STRIKE] probably for [STRIKE]less[/STRIKE] more money. I'm all about solving the problem for a little $ as possible. Maybe that hiring more border agents, maybe that's building a wall, and maybe it's [STRIKE]helping[/STRIKE] stop sending money to Honduras to [STRIKE]reduce[/STRIKE] maintain their crime rate. Or, maybe it's something else entirely.

I'm just looking for the best bang for the buck, not trying to get reelected or build a legacy.

FIFY to reflect reality.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So... we end up paying one way or another.

Let's [strike]raise taxes[/strike] [tax remittances], then. [$28.8billion in 2017 to Mexico alone]

If I need something, and I don't have money to buy it, then I need to get some extra income.

[10% tax on transfers results in at least ~ $3billion per year, obviously more if we include all Central/South America. Deport the ones who try to skirt the rules and aren't citizens, fine and jail the ones who are. More $$$]

Always follow the money, or something like that.

Voilà, Mexico pays for the wall

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

US $$$ ---> ****hole Central American country to clean up their gangs ---> migrants stop fleeing violence & forcing their way into America.

It's a win-win scenario, maybe for less money. I'm all about solving the problem for a little $ as possible. Maybe that hiring more border agents, maybe that's building a wall, and maybe it's helping Honduras reduce their crime rate. Or, maybe it's something else entirely.

Stop sending it to all **** hole countries, not just south American **** holes

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, it's all that CRAZY spending in the grey that is causing the deficits... :rolleyes:

This logic is kinda puzzling. You're spending far in the red. So don't worry about spending money in the category that you're spending the least in? Dude, that's "wife" economics right there.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG

Seems like the numbers I heard/read was 10.8 billion in aid to said ****hole countries versus 5.8 billion for a wall(or "steel slats" we're hearing about these days). A physical structure would be the only thing that would guarantee some success. Best bang for the buck seems obvious, to me anyway

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

WTF is wrong with people's logic-maker today? Here's some more crappy logic.

Do we have any evidence that sending money to these ****hole countries has led to stopping migrants from fleeing their ****holes? It does not follow. What it looks like to me, is exactly what I would expect from the ****hole countries we send money to. They pocket the money. It doesn't reach the people who need it. These countries spend it on palaces and arms and enriching a very few. Meanwhile, their people still live in ****holes.

If we do send them money, strings should be attached. That would at least increase the wisdom of throwing pearls after swine a little. We should expect a less-****hole, less migrant fleeing, bang for our bucks or no more bucks. But we won't do that because helping the people in those countries isn't really the reason we send them money. We do it for political reasons. We (rhetorical 'we') don't give a flying **** if they take our money and build elaborate palaces with it, or spend it on new weapons. We care if they do what our politicians want them to do politically.

But. We're talking about not spending money we don't have. If we're going to talk about no more deficit spending, well, sorry. The ****hole countries will need to make due with their current palace decor.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Great!
    Their title is literally "Illegals" but they're not breaking the law 'Enough' to have THAT criminal record..... also.
    *NOTE - Most all of them are NOT in jail just because they are illegals in the first place.

Model citizens.
    Break in to my country illegally, commit crimes, go to jail but yet, they get to stay in my country? :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Best bang for the buck would be to build the wall to stem the flow of everything illegal trying to get into the country (illegal drugs, terrorists. gang members, long time criminal elements and generic run of the mill illegals trying to take advantage of the benefits and overwhelming the system)

THEN we can maybe talk about things like sending aid designed to help bolster conditions in the ****hole Central American countries along with stringent conditions attached to that aid or the spigot gets shut off.

Form a partnership with those countries south of our border and if they don't live up to their end then the partnership gets dissolved and we still have the wall.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Best bang for the buck would be to build the wall to stem the flow of everything illegal trying to get into the country (illegal drugs, terrorists. gang members, long time criminal elements and generic run of the mill illegals trying to take advantage of the benefits and overwhelming the system)

THEN we can maybe talk about things like sending aid designed to help bolster conditions in the ****hole Central American countries along with stringent conditions attached to that aid or the spigot gets shut off.

Form a partnership with those countries south of our border and if they don't live up to their end then the partnership gets dissolved and we still have the wall.
    Sounds reasonable.

Nancy Pelosi: Nooooooooooooo! :runaway:

Top Bottom