runner.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The clip is 24 secs, there's no context, and it was posted today. I can't help but think that there's an agenda at play. Is she talking about Finland, the nation? The school? The town she lives in? Her D&D group? Is there a better source to see what is actually said, rather than be given a piece, and then extrapolating based on ones own biases or support?

It seems the context is clear enough. But what does context matter? Regardless the context there’s too many ***damn Fins. Need to do something about that. Like bring in more immigrants like her, so that society will be more like her. Better for the nation, the school, the town she lives in. Regardless, the fewer of those ***damn fins all over the place the better. Right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They list her with an onscreen graphic, as being from Helsinki University... could she have possibly been talking about the school, rather than the WHOLE nation? I'm not buying into something not explicitly said, when it's obvious that many things posted are agenda driven, and fact "lite."

LOL

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What IS an American?

With regards to immigration? Let's ask Teddy Roosevelt:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    AP: Migrants camped at border worry caravans will shut them out
    https://www.apnews.com/f4d231f3a56c4156a06650245215f92d

They insisted they will only enter peacefully and lawfully, waiting their turn at the bridge.

Javier Mederos Mendez, a 44-year-old from Havana, said he was fleeing political repression because he disagreed with the ruling Castro family. He said he had flown from Cuba to South America, then crossed through jungles and violence-torn areas of Central America and Mexico to reach the bridge.

But, he said, “I will wait as long as necessary until they receive me.”

IMO, THIS is how a real political refugee conducts oneself... fleeing political persecution in Cuba.

The masses who are coached make up stuff just to get in STEAL FREEDOM from the legitimately oppressed.

Awful!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    what is racists about this ad????????

[video]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1058685478164144128[/video]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ontroversial-trump-immigration-ad/1889608002/

Honestly, I didn't see the whole add, but of what I saw, I didn't see anything that was racist per se.

But, in a reply to the tweet was a gif that said "Civility is on the ballot...vote blue." WTF? Isn't this the party that just recently said no to civility? These ****ers are tone deaf.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Honestly, I didn't see the whole add, but of what I saw, I didn't see anything that was racist per se.

But, in a reply to the tweet was a gif that said "Civility is on the ballot...vote blue." WTF? Isn't this the party that just recently said no to civility? These ****ers are tone deaf.

duh

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    With regards to immigration? Let's ask Teddy Roosevelt:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

My favorite President BY FAR. Currently reading about him. This is a pretty good summation.

Top Bottom