Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been seeing 2 adults and 3 youths the past month or so but there's a couple more adults this morning. It looked like O'Hare for about 20mins. It was hard to take my eyes off of them trying to work my phones camera. They are definitely majestic creatures. Whoever picked them as our national bird of choice was spot on.
    Ben Franklin originally wanted the wild turkey to be our national bird. While they do have some good qualities, I definitely think the bald eagle was a better choice. :):

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ben Franklin originally wanted the wild turkey to be our national bird. While they do have some good qualities, I definitely think the bald eagle was a better choice. :):
    Ole Ben had too many interactions with lightning IMO or maybe bourbon. I think the eagles would make short work of a wild turkey. I didn't see the actual battle but did see a eagle carrying a Canadian goose away by the neck a while back. I try to keep my dog close by when they're on the river bank trees because of that.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Well I've heard stories of domesticated turkeys being so stupid that they'll sometimes look up if they're out in the rain and drown. :): That fits.
    You've got a good point, domesticated wild turkey it is then. Wish he'd follow their lead during the next rain storm in Washington, thats if he'd ever come out of the basement.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom