• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    I just carry my gun in my hand every where I go. I'm really bad at the old quick draw. It saves money too, don't need to buy a holster or belt so I bought a gun for my other hand with what I saved. Beat that oc, cc guys

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just carry my gun in my hand every where I go. I'm really bad at the old quick draw. It saves money too, don't need to buy a holster or belt so I bought a gun for my other hand with what I saved. Beat that oc, cc guys

Now everyone in the restaurant is wondering why I'm laughing at my phone

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I have been asking myself this since I decided to buy a hand gun. It seems to me the ideal solution to a situation is to not get in to a situation in the first place. OC would definitely be a deterrent to a LOT of situations. This article has helped me decide :)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I used to OC exclusively as it was the most comfortable form of carry for me. Thankfully I've managed to lose about 25 pounds and, as such, an IWB carried gun is now comfortable. I can carry it IWB all day without noticing it's there (i.e. not uncomfortable under any situation) so I tend to CC now.

If you want to know why I now prefer to CC over OC? Well, it's because I bang it on less things/get it caught on less things and generally the weapon stays in better shape with less nicks/dings/etc.

I carry however is most comfortable and practical for the situation - and honestly, I don't care how anybody else carries. If you want to strap a holster to your forehead - go for it :).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...If you want to strap a holster to your forehead - go for it :).

hollister.jpg

Although quite legal and a magnificent fashion statement, I don't recommend this method often due to the difficulty of deploying from that position. ;)

Hollister

Although the general deterrent factor of OC has been long established, we know it is not an absolute, as Mr. Hollister found long ago... :(

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Haha, I can envision a much better head-mounted holster system... If only I possessed the ability to properly get it onto paper so that I could scan it in!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I used to OC exclusively as it was the most comfortable form of carry for me. Thankfully I've managed to lose about 25 pounds and, as such, an IWB carried gun is now comfortable. I can carry it IWB all day without noticing it's there (i.e. not uncomfortable under any situation) so I tend to CC now.

If you want to know why I now prefer to CC over OC? Well, it's because I bang it on less things/get it caught on less things and generally the weapon stays in better shape with less nicks/dings/etc.

I carry however is most comfortable and practical for the situation - and honestly, I don't care how anybody else carries. If you want to strap a holster to your forehead - go for it :).

My shirts all have little holes in them about 4 o'clock on my strong side from CCing, so that doesn't help me any. But that could be because I'm clumsy :laugh:

KCVP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    I also choose to go CC. It's just a comfort thing for me. Hopefully, I'll never have to draw but I'm ready should I need to.

Top Bottom