• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And I thank you for the great atmosphere you give us. I really like talking to gun owners and non-gun owners about firearms.
    As you know we have been gun friendly for many years. The store you frequent is now my only shop as I'm too damn old to mess with a chain of locations. I know you can vouch for the fact that there are all sorts of people who walk into the store and there has never been a bad comment about the open gun carry that is fairly common in the shop.

I guess it would be nice to know what kind of business the two of you own.
    I don't know about the guy who chases away Open Carry gun owners, but I own an upscale cigar lounge and tobacco shop.

I do support your right to refuse service to anyone.

You must support our right to shop somewhere else.
    Bingo. I allow Open Carry and if some folks don't like it they are welcome to go to other shops. Just like I refuse to go to BUFFALO WILD WINGS because their corporate policy is to not allow firearms (both CC and OC). I also won't go to JARED JEWELERS because they forbid all firearms. I also don't go to SIMON MALLS because they forbid firearms inside their shopping malls.

95+% of the time you will find that I am CC'ing a firearm, maybe 5% of the time I will OC. But 100% of the time if I know that you won't let me OC into your store, then I won't EVER go into your store!!!

I would just hope that Firearm Fred would post NO OPEN CARRY on the front door.
    Yes, and I'm sure his employees will love to work the late shift, alone. A sign like that on the door is an open invitation to robbery.

While I mostly CC, I'd still like to know the name of your buisness so I don't accidentally spend any of my money there.
    While we are firearms friendly, and while my cigar lounge has become the "Northwest Indiana INGO UnOfficial Clubhouse" for people up in the NW corner of the state, I'm not here to get free advertising. If you want to know, then send me a PM. Or, watch the "INGO EVENTS" sections, we do occasionally have "OPEN CARRY CIGARS & GUITAR NIGHTS" for INGO members.

If you are ever in the NW corner of the state when we have an event, or just want to stop in to chat, we'd love to see you.

As I say frequently, cigars are optional, but gun talk is mandatory!

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As a business owner.. I will immediately eject any person "open carrying"..

If you carry concealed? welcome welcome welcome....

I do not want my income affected by the non-shooter being uptight about someone with a gun in the store..

Really? Ejecting visibly armed customers who came in to spend money and blaming it on the premise that another hypothetical customer might one day choose to not spend money there because they don't like armed customers?

Try again, that's your own emotional bias overriding any sense of business logic. :n00b:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Really? Ejecting visibly armed customers who came in to spend money and blaming it on the premise that another hypothetical customer might one day choose to not spend money there because they don't like armed customers?

The thing that I've noticed, as a business owner who allows OC, is that 98% of the customers NEVER EVEN NOTICE the fact that some other customers have guns on their hips.

Sure, if you are standing behind someone in line at the register and look down you will probably notice that shiny 45 with mother of pearl grips, but its pretty rare that anyone even realizes that other customers are armed.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I carry concealed I did have one friend that got his pistol stolen during a robbery he was carrying in a fanny pack ended up protecting himself with a baseball bat when the robbers gun jammed i carry a 380 in a pocket holster and any mugger would think i was just getting my wallet out if i was forced to use it Many years ago I was involved in a robbery at a convenience store and I happened to have a 38 in my field jacket pocket while everyones elses hand were in the air mine were still in my pocket I was the only one that didn't get robbed I had almost 2000 dollars on me at the time. I still use pocket holster but I usaly don't carry that much cash

This is clearly a DUDE. There is no period.....ever..... :laugh:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I do not want my income affected by the non-shooter being uptight about someone with a gun in the store..

While I support the right to do as you please with open carry, you must also support my right to not have exposed firearms in my place of business..

While I am not bothered by it what so ever, my customers might be and that is enough to keep open carry guns out of my store..

Please add me to the list of people that would like to know the name and location of your business..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Eject the person that is carrying out in the open for all to see.
    Makes sense to me.
    Then you just have all those guns which are hidden.
    And we all know, "hidden guns are safer guns".

Seriously though, it's your business. It's your right.
    I personally disagree with it.
    But I agree with your right to do it.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Bingo. I allow Open Carry and if some folks don't like it they are welcome to go to other shops. Just like I refuse to go to BUFFALO WILD WINGS because their corporate policy is to not allow firearms (both CC and OC). I also won't go to JARED JEWELERS because they forbid all firearms. I also don't go to SIMON MALLS because they forbid firearms inside their shopping malls.

95+% of the time you will find that I am CC'ing a firearm, maybe 5% of the time I will OC. But 100% of the time if I know that you won't let me OC into your store, then I won't EVER go into your store!!!

Yes, and I'm sure his employees will love to work the late shift, alone. A sign like that on the door is an open invitation to robbery.

Me, too, although I OC 100% of the time. I would add to your list Cinemarc "Batman Shooting" Theaters, and AMC Theaters.

I refuse to patronize any place that forbids firearms.

The girl I started dating last month has already closed her Bank of Anti-America account, and is 100% behind me, and understands that there are things that we will not be able to do. I love her.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Me, too, although I OC 100% of the time. I would add to your list Cinemarc "Batman Shooting" Theaters, and AMC Theaters.

I refuse to patronize any place that forbids firearms.

The girl I started dating last month has already closed her Bank of Anti-America account, and is 100% behind me, and understands that there are things that we will not be able to do. I love her.

(No, you don't. Remember work?) ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

While I support the right to do as you please with open carry, you must also support my right to not have exposed firearms in my place of business..

While I am not bothered by it what so ever, my customers might be and that is enough to keep open carry guns out of my store..

Lighten up, Francis.

Didn't you know?

Criminals Conceal -- Open Carry Reveals.

So-
    Don't Conceal - Reveal! :draw:

Firearm Fred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    CPT Nervous and Dead Duck: I got Nervous's PM and would have sent a reply back the same way but ... alas.. not enough posts :)

I am a Dr in Fort Wayne (and a Dr's office is a store, my customers are simply more in need than most) that carries all the time and also own a class 1 FFL. (a Dr that sells guns.. rather a conundrum ey?)

However, (and I do not expect most to understand). Some people are visibly nervous (others hide it well) when people other than LEO's are providing the visual stimulus of a firearm.

At least 50% of medicine is "mental" and I do not expect you to understand that either. But a patient that is uncomfortable for any reason is far less responsive to treatment and a nervous parent can make a child nervous. That child patients comfort is my primary concern no matter what the issue is...

I put my patients comfort and health ahead of any single persons need to open carry a firearm in a doctors office. You do not need to "get it" and frankly there is no changing any persons mind on this simple issue in some forum or even in an open and frank conversation. This is a subject much like "which is the best political party", just no end to the discussion and no one is changing sides.

You are welcome to your opinion and where you spend money, but please save the gallantry for someone that really cares more about looking like a "gun toting civil minded red blooded American" I carry concealed and will continue to do so, I ask no one to approve or disapprove of this practice nor do I flaunt it.

I have taken an oath to do no person harm and sincerely hope I never have to do so with a firearm in self defense.

I guess what I do not understand is why some people become so militant when another person exercises and equally important right that might have far more reaching consequences...

Last edited:

Firearm Fred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    For what it is worth, I see one person that might actually understand what some business might be up against.

Mr. "gregkl" knew enough to ask "what kind of business" before stepping down some slippery slope of condemning any place that might prohibit the open carry of a firearm.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    CPT Nervous and Dead Duck: I got Nervous's PM and would have sent a reply back the same way but ... alas.. not enough posts :)

I am a Dr in Fort Wayne (and a Dr's office is a store, my customers are simply more in need than most) that carries all the time and also own a class 1 FFL. (a Dr that sells guns.. rather a conundrum ey?)

However, (and I do not expect most to understand). Some people are visibly nervous (others hide it well) when people other than LEO's are providing the visual stimulus of a firearm.

At least 50% of medicine is "mental" and I do not expect you to understand that either. But a patient that is uncomfortable for any reason is far less responsive to treatment and a nervous parent can make a child nervous. That child patients comfort is my primary concern no matter what the issue is...

I put my patients comfort and health ahead of any single persons need to open carry a firearm in a doctors office. You do not need to "get it" and frankly there is no changing any persons mind on this simple issue in some forum or even in an open and frank conversation. This is a subject much like "which is the best political party", just no end to the discussion and no one is changing sides.

You are welcome to your opinion and where you spend money, but please save the gallantry for someone that really cares more about looking like a "gun toting civil minded red blooded American" I carry concealed and will continue to do so, I ask no one to approve or disapprove of this practice nor do I flaunt it.

I have taken an oath to do no person harm and sincerely hope I never have to do so with a firearm in self defense.

I guess what I do not understand is why some people become so militant when another person exercises and equally important right that might have far more reaching consequences...
    Wow!

What a condescending, arrogant, hypocritical post....

For what it is worth, I see one person that might actually understand what some business might be up against.

Mr. "gregkl" knew enough to ask "what kind of business" before stepping down some slippery slope of condemning any place that might prohibit the open carry of a firearm.
    Doctor, you are not the only person here that owns, operates, or manages a business(s) or corporation(s). You do not have the patent on dealing with the public. Your attitude on here if it is a reflection of your real self would leave a lot to be desired, and as such would probably have me going to a different Doctor before the initial consult was concluded...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

I understand your 1st Amendment right of association. You choose to not understand my 2nd Amendment RtKBA. Which Amendment covers your patients' "right to not be uncomfortable?" Or, perhaps it's the much promoted "right to not be offended?"

Top Bottom