• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Yep, as I've said before, I find these cordial, gentlemanly discussions to be completely devoid of what I came here for. I came here for an argument (and abuse, of course).

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    NO...NO...NO... I'm afraid that we can't leave this discussion on such friendly terms. It just isn't right. We need more drama! Oh, I know...

OCers are a bunch of cowboys compensating for something.

CCers are a bunch of narrow minded bullies.

Discuss...

:popcorn:

can we just start making personal attacks?

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I don't know man. That brought up some good points towards OC but in my opinion it draws un-needed attention to oneself. And I mean complacency (spelt wrong probably) sets in no matter how experienced you are and if 2 or 3 guys want your gun it's gonna be a hard pressed battle to draw it and fire once they've jumped you and are grabbing for it. But like I said, good points in that post, gives a new perspective to the idea. I'll have to think it all over.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't know man. That brought up some good points towards OC but in my opinion it draws un-needed attention to oneself. And I mean complacency (spelt wrong probably) sets in no matter how experienced you are and if 2 or 3 guys want your gun it's gonna be a hard pressed battle to draw it and fire once they've jumped you and are grabbing for it. But like I said, good points in that post, gives a new perspective to the idea. I'll have to think it all over.

If 2 or 3 guys jump you for your wallet I'd like to see you pull your gun from concealment and engage them. They would probably take your gun too while your were on the ground unconscious. They would have no determent because they would have no idea you were actually armed.

The fact is you can never prepare for everything and even if you ARE prepared that is no guarantee that you will prevail. Just go with what feels best and prepare accordingly.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    If 2 or 3 guys jump you for your wallet I'd like to see you pull your gun from concealment and engage them. They would probably take your gun too while your were on the ground unconscious. They would have no determent because they would have no idea you were actually armed.

The fact is you can never prepare for everything and even if you ARE prepared that is no guarantee that you will prevail. Just go with what feels best and prepare accordingly.

Very true. Food for thought.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Oh yeah?! Well... I think OC is for sissy-faced jack-wagons that have to feel tough.. When in reality, a little 5 year old girl could take their weapon and kill them all. That is, if the gun doesn't jump out of the OC holster and go on a rampage of its own!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've carried open a lot lately but there is still something to be said for CC. At this point my pistol feels like it is hanging out there screaming, "Grab me." Today I OC a little because of the chilly weather but used a newer holster that I bought for carrying a G23 or G19 with a weapon light. It is open on the back so the light can protrude out of the holster. The nice thing about it is it has two levels of retention: A snap over the trigger guard and it needs a sharp down and rear motion to pull the pistol. It is virtually impossible to pull the gun straight up and out.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've carried open a lot lately but there is still something to be said for CC. At this point my pistol feels like it is hanging out there screaming, "Grab me." Today I OC a little because of the chilly weather but used a newer holster that I bought for carrying a G23 or G19 with a weapon light. It is open on the back so the light can protrude out of the holster. The nice thing about it is it has two levels of retention: A snap over the trigger guard and it needs a sharp down and rear motion to pull the pistol. It is virtually impossible to pull the gun straight up and out.

This is a general observation, and not aimed at you particularly, but to stir up two pots at the same time:

I am somewhat amused that Glock owners hate the 1911, because they are afraid that they will forget to disengage the safety in a moment of stress, but then want a holster that requires a manual of arms merely to draw.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This is a general observation, and not aimed at you particularly, but to stir up two pots at the same time:

I am somewhat amused that Glock owners hate the 1911, because they are afraid that they will forget to disengage the safety in a moment of stress, but then want a holster that requires a manual of arms merely to draw.

Agreed. Repped.

Also I carry cocked and locked :cool:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Also I carry cocked and locked :cool:

Or you can do This because not all Glock owners are afraid to Lock their Cocks.

Compare-Glock-Factory-External-Safety-vs-Caminilli-External-Safety.jpg

Top Bottom