• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    You will be the first one shot and killed by the bad guy because he doesn't care if he dies or not..

fark_SWLevquiDGPAibwPzHMO4oMUXkY.jpg

cziemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Monticello
    I've made it about a hundred pages into this argument since I joined a few weeks ago. I gave up after that due to the repetitive nature of this thread. I really don't understand how anyone who believes in the second amendment doesn't agree that you should be allowed to open carry. I don't care about your personal qualms about being afraid to be targeted and shot (Why are you carrying a gun again?), but why does it matter than others don't have this fear? If more people carried openly, the public would once again get used to seeing firearms around and maybe, just maybe a few of them would be interested in arming themselves.

The "Where did you Open Carry" thread seems to have nearly 80% positive responses from the public, with the overwhelming negatives from law enforcement that somehow believe that everyone with a gun is out to shoot cops, or officers that don't know or understand the law they think they're upholding. In reading the first hundred pages of this I get the idea that there's a decent minority hear that believe open carry is totally and completely wrong, hell my best friend won't even consider it because "He's a afraid of being a target." That argument's been refuted so many times, yet that is nearly the only one I ever hear. The Second Amendment needs upheld no matter how you carry, we are forced through enough hoops to be able to exercise the rights guaranteed by the most important document in our Country's history, so why argue amongst ourselves in how to act it out.

For the record, I don't carry yet, I'm still waiting on my Larry, but I will more than likely carry concealed a good 85% of the time, why?, because my wife is not super comfortable with it, or with confrontation in general. The day she gets used to me carrying a handgun all the time, will be the day I move it to the outside of my belt for as much as I can while still carrying. I'll "respect" no firearms signs and conceal my weapon, but if I'm friendly with the waiter, or I know an employee, I'll ask why they have it. I'd do that now if I was in the habit of noticing them already.

Okay, end of my rant, and Thank you to those who open carry daily, for exercising the Second Amendment in the boldest way possible.:ingo:

Last edited:

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I've made it about a hundred pages into this argument since I joined a few weeks ago. I gave up after that due to the repetitive nature of this thread. I really don't understand how anyone who believes in the second amendment doesn't agree that you should be allowed to open carry. I don't care about your personal qualms about being afraid to be targeted and shot (Why are you carrying a gun again?), but why does it matter than others don't have this fear? If more people carried openly, the public would once again get used to seeing firearms around and maybe, just maybe a few of them would be interested in arming themselves.

The "Where did you Open Carry" thread seems to have nearly 80% positive responses from the public, with the overwhelming negatives from law enforcement that somehow believe that everyone with a gun is out to shoot cops, or officers that don't know or understand the law they think they're upholding. In reading the first hundred pages of this I get the idea that there's a decent minority hear that believe open carry is totally and completely wrong, hell my best friend won't even consider it because "He's a afraid of being a target." That argument's been refuted so many times, yet that is nearly the only one I ever hear. The Second Amendment needs upheld no matter how you carry, we are forced through enough hoops to be able to exercise the rights guaranteed by the most important document in our Country's history, so why argue amongst ourselves in how to act it out.

For the record, I don't carry yet, I'm still waiting on my Larry, but I will more than likely carry concealed a good 85% of the time, why?, because my wife is not super comfortable with it, or with confrontation in general. The day she gets used to me carrying a handgun all the time, will be the day I move it to the outside of my belt for as much as I can while still carrying. I'll "respect" no firearms signs and conceal my weapon, but if I'm friendly with the waiter, or I know an employee, I'll ask why they have it. I'd do that now if I was in the habit of noticing them already.

Okay, end of my rant, and Thank you to those who open carry daily, for exercising the Second Amendment in the boldest way possible.:ingo:

They all suffer from hoplophobia. So out of sight, out of mind. :scratch:

Top Bottom