• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Jesus, don't you people have anything better to do? This thread is the longest running pointless thread in the history of INGO.

Get over yourselves and Just ****ing Carry

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Jesus, don't you people have anything better to do? This thread is the longest running pointless thread in the history of INGO.

Get over yourselves and Just ****ing Carry

I'd say it's served its purpose rather well. There is far less OC animosity and ill-informed "just cover it up" or "I have nothing to prove" responses across the entire forum due to the subject matter referenced here.

Even the "professional" detractors now come off as ridiculous and petty for their videos attempting to disparage others who choose not to conceal their armed status for various reasons.

You've never really explained your problem with this written defense of a natural carry method which was once so frequently attacked. It paved the way for your preferred mantra to JFC (largely without your help and in spite of your whining about it).

Really, it's OK, we want you to JFC. I just don't see the need to purge or forget the path to our success simply because you're currently happy with our results.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    I decided I was going to open carry when I first joined this thread. Since the end of December, I've been carrying everywhere underneath a coat with my OWB holster. The gun belt and holster are finally getting broken in but they're still a bit stiff. Full size 1911 here.

At times, if I'm at Meijer and I reach up to grab something, the holster gets uncovered as my coat rises a bit. Nobody has said a word. The very bottom of the holster just barely doesn't clear the bottom of my coat.

I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. So far my only issue has been the sights on my 1911. It's an LPA adjustable rear sight and sticks out a bit too much.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I decided I was going to open carry when I first joined this thread. Since the end of December, I've been carrying everywhere underneath a coat with my OWB holster. The gun belt and holster are finally getting broken in but they're still a bit stiff. Full size 1911 here.

At times, if I'm at Meijer and I reach up to grab something, the holster gets uncovered as my coat rises a bit. Nobody has said a word. The very bottom of the holster just barely doesn't clear the bottom of my coat.

I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. So far my only issue has been the sights on my 1911. It's an LPA adjustable rear sight and sticks out a bit too much.

Sounds like a perfectly natural way to acclimate yourself to carrying openly, let the weather dictate how "hidden" it is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't post in the "OC" thread, only when something unusual happens.
    But I OC most places.
    I'm also in Merrillville.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    I like that way of easing into it. Never thought of it but it's a great idea. Kudos to you, sir!

Thanks! It has been working pretty well for me. I'll probably wear a blazer most places I go, but on hot days, a classy leather holster and a 1911 is highly unlikely to attract unwanted attention.

I don't post in the "OC" thread, only when something unusual happens.
    But I OC most places.
    I'm also in Merrillville.

Are there any businesses in Merrillville that post that I need to watch out for? I've checked the doors everywhere and no place I've been to has said anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can't think of any off hand.
    You might want to meet some of us.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-events/374344-nwi-3-14-15-meet-greet.html

I will not be there. I'm working.
    Feel free to Visitor Message me with questions so we don't tie this thread up. Or join is in the NWI General Discussion thread.

Thanks! It has been working pretty well for me. I'll probably wear a blazer most places I go, but on hot days, a classy leather holster and a 1911 is highly unlikely to attract unwanted attention.

Are there any businesses in Merrillville that post that I need to watch out for? I've checked the doors everywhere and no place I've been to has said anything.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They need to require additional training before issuing an Open Carry Permit.

joker_notsureifserious.jpg

Top Bottom