• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    It is funny to me that this thread still goes on.... I don't keep up with it. Has anyone who once thought OC Activism was a good idea actually admitted that it is foolish and a fail for The RKBA Movement? I like to think so.

-RJP
    The thread goes on because it's something people like to discuss. Or is that not how forums work? Seriously, just carry to your preference.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I choose to OC simply because its comfortable. Ya, I know "its not supposed to be comfortable, its supposed to be comforting" and all that jazz. Well, for me, that isnt the case. If Im going to carry, im going to be comfortable. I actually just went through a stent with a LCR and a Shield because I thought I would give CC a try. Even with those 2 small guns I couldnt stand the feeling, and I was constantly uncofortable. I dress in a style in which does not really leave 2-3 inches in my waistband for a pistol and holster. Im not willing to change my wardrobe and my own personal style to CC just so joe public isnt intimidated.

I understand the arguments behind both sides of the issue. What I dont understand is the holier than thou attitude that some have towards others who simply choose to carry in another manner. The important fact here is, we are gun enthusiats, we are 2nd ammendment supporters, and most of us do in fact carry daily. Who cares what method we use to do so? is it really THAT deep?

You do your thing and ill do mine, which just happens to be a glock 19 in a belt holster at the 3:00 position.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I choose to OC simply because its comfortable. Ya, I know "its not supposed to be comfortable, its supposed to be comforting" and all that jazz. Well, for me, that isnt the case. If Im going to carry, im going to be comfortable. I actually just went through a stent with a LCR and a Shield because I thought I would give CC a try. Even with those 2 small guns I couldnt stand the feeling, and I was constantly uncofortable. I dress in a style in which does not really leave 2-3 inches in my waistband for a pistol and holster. Im not willing to change my wardrobe and my own personal style to CC just so joe public isnt intimidated.

I understand the arguments behind both sides of the issue. What I dont understand is the holier than thou attitude that some have towards others who simply choose to carry in another manner. The important fact here is, we are gun enthusiats, we are 2nd ammendment supporters, and most of us do in fact carry daily. Who cares what method we use to do so? is it really THAT deep?

You do your thing and ill do mine, which just happens to be a glock 19 in a belt holster at the 3:00 position.

Oh no, you open carry a glock!!!:ugh:

I read the recent article on "it isn't supposed to be comfortable" and my thoughts are the same as yours: I am always comfortable carrying OWB with my firearm, so I don't know what everyone else is doing wrong:laugh:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My Sig P320 is finally on the way to my FFL. I was comfortably carrying a Glock 19 in a Safariland 7378. This pistol is full size and I will be carrying in a Hogue Powerspeed for now. Hopefully Safariland makes a 7378 for the P250/P320; I really like that holster.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm sorry I just can't help myself. Every time some poor soul wanders in here to voice their unreasoned opinion, it's like watching a gang of MMA fighters beat up on a child. I find it wildly entertaining.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    your not supposed to carry out in the open thats why your permit says 'concealed carry permit' not 'open carry permit'

Indiana issues a License to Carry a handgun and says nothing about concealed.

I am going to guess that you either don't have a LTCH or haven't read it before posting this response.

Some people don't use purple.
    stevh posts so much, he assumes everyone kinda knows his views.

LOL You can always tell the ones who don't get out of the technical forums.

:rolleyes:

I really think the purple is implied. I could be wrong.

Judging by previous posts, I'd bet a large sum of money.

I'm sorry I just can't help myself. Every time some poor soul wanders in here to voice their unreasoned opinion, it's like watching a gang of MMA fighters beat up on a child. I find it wildly entertaining.

Dang. Too late to make the bet.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't believe in purple.

I mean... in the real world, do you go around telling people that you're about to be sarcastic right before you make a sarcastic comment?

That's like telling the punchline before you tell the joke.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    FWIW... I used to carry open but the funny looks and potential violent reactions from police caused me to re-think. However, I do see the value of educating the public that the sight of a weapon is not cause for panic. Any time I see someone carrying openly, I thank them and wish them a good day. They're doing a service... but it's one that I choose not to do.

I hear all the time from people about Indiana's "concealed carry" permission slip. But Indiana doesn't issue a concealed carry slip. No such thing exists. Read the permission slip your masters give you. It clearly says License to Carry... nothing more. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who keeps hearing this.

In the summer, I either use an IWB or an OWB at 4 o'clock position with an open short sleeve shirt just to cover it up. 95% of people don't know. The other 5% can deal with it. :)

Top Bottom