• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    my feeling is carry how ever you want, but what i have an issue with is purposely going out and trying to get into a confrontation be it with LEO's or another citizen, while it is our right to KABA, i think it's immature of the people who go out with a firearm strapped to their side and a AR 15 style rifle slung across their backs and then just walk down the street just to prove they can. Just my opinion. Me personally i would rather go on about my business and have no encounters than go out purposely and have a encounter that can go horribly wrong in justt a few seconds. I feel that the ones that do go out like that are just hoping that someone will abuse their rights and get a payday. Me personally I have never saw someone walking down the street with a rifle on their shoulder, i see people carrying pistols quite often, i personally have not had a bad encounter with a LEO, but when asked for my license i will gladley show them that along with my drivers license, the longest encounter i have had lasted about 2 minutes. I am not trying to hide anything from anyone. But again if you want to OC then by all means OC, and the same goes for CC, me it depends on what i am doing and where i am going as to which way i carry, I feel to each their own. But why would someone go out with a rifle slung over their shoulder??? unless that is all they have, my feeling on that it would take to long to get the rifle from back to front for use. But i feel its senseless to go out to prove a right that everyone knows we have just to prove we have it and take a chance on something going wrong quickly. I guess i am one who just likes to stay under the radar as much as possible.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    my feeling is carry how ever you want, but what i have an issue with is purposely going out and trying to get into a confrontation be it with LEO's or another citizen, while it is our right to KABA, i think it's immature of the people who go out with a firearm strapped to their side and a AR 15 style rifle slung across their backs and then just walk down the street just to prove they can. Just my opinion. Me personally i would rather go on about my business and have no encounters than go out purposely and have a encounter that can go horribly wrong in justt a few seconds. I feel that the ones that do go out like that are just hoping that someone will abuse their rights and get a payday. Me personally I have never saw someone walking down the street with a rifle on their shoulder, i see people carrying pistols quite often, i personally have not had a bad encounter with a LEO, but when asked for my license i will gladley show them that along with my drivers license, the longest encounter i have had lasted about 2 minutes. I am not trying to hide anything from anyone. But again if you want to OC then by all means OC, and the same goes for CC, me it depends on what i am doing and where i am going as to which way i carry, I feel to each their own. But why would someone go out with a rifle slung over their shoulder??? unless that is all they have, my feeling on that it would take to long to get the rifle from back to front for use. But i feel its senseless to go out to prove a right that everyone knows we have just to prove we have it and take a chance on something going wrong quickly. I guess i am one who just likes to stay under the radar as much as possible.

Good thing rights aren't based on feelings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

If they do it to provoke a reaction, why react? Seems like there are two parties to make that.

Sirindu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    On Saturday I OC'd (IWB with shirt tucked in behind) for the first time while biking roughly 15 miles on the Monon Trail in Indianapolis.

No one asked about it, no one commented on it, and no one seemed alarmed. I took a couple short breaks at points and milled around people as well. What is particularly pertinent to this discussion was what happened as I was nearing my home. Two young males were coming up a perpendicular street as I was approaching the intersection of the street and Trail. As I approached, they called out, "Hey, I like that bike, white boy!" (;)) Their intentions were not friendly. I nodded and continued across the street towards them as my path home took me. They continued to approach perpendicular to my path and when I got level with them I paused, my firearm clearly displayed on my right hip which was now facing them. They stopped walking, stopped talking, and I continued on my way.

Never expected to so immediately see the Deterrent effect of OC in action.

Again, I thank you.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Give folks the opportunity and motivation to act like nothing was going to happen and you win every time they take you up on it. :yesway:

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    I started out as a CCer with my Glock 22, it was a tad uncomfortable but I could deal with it; it was more-so a bit unnerving. I couldn't quite stomach the idea of a CC, with one in the chamber and retrieving from the small of my back. So I thought about it and I practiced the motion of - Draw, rack, and target. From the small of my back this could be done in about 5-6 seconds but the holster was just a slide in neoprene type which I didn't like. So nowadays, I OC at about 3 o' clock at all times, at the maximum forward camber capable of my Safariland - unless of course the destination prohibits. My OC naturally allows for one in the chamber with a safe draw and accurate target acquisition in roughly 2 seconds - solid protection and piece of mind. I find that many people are perfectly content with OCers - I have had one instance of a Meijer stocking boy here in Camby that questioned my carry. He actually approached me looking concerned and said "Sir, are you aware that there is a gun on your hip?!" I paused and briefly thought about acting alarmed that there was such a device attached to me (as I am generally comical), but I did calmly inform the young man that "it is okay, I do have a license"... More-over, I have walked past police officers in the same store who calmly nodded their head and continued on their way.

The method of carry is up to the individual's preference, but obviously, you will always have a faster draw and visual deterrent factor with OC.

Top Bottom