• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I also believe there is a worthy debate between 1) OC is good because it discourages private sector criminals, or 2) OC makes you the first target for any criminal, public or private.

IMHO both positions are valid and it's tough to choose between them.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    When has an OCer ever been "targeted first?"

If I'm a bad guy entering a building, the first thing I'm looking for is OCer's. I either leave or make them my first target. There is no other option.

If I'm a cop, the easiest thing to prosecute is "gun crime." And I have no intention of missing my monthly Citizen Encounter quota or my next promotion. You're either my next target or I consider you a threat to my anointed personage. Neither is in your interests.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If I'm a bad guy entering a building, the first thing I'm looking for is OCer's. I either leave or make them my first target. There is no other option.

If I'm a cop, the easiest thing to prosecute is "gun crime." And I have no intention of missing my monthly Citizen Encounter quota or my next promotion. You're either my next target or I consider you a threat to my anointed personage. Neither is in your interests.

:lmfao:

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

Like what happened here?

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Oh wait, the OCers weren't taken out first. Please show me when that has ever happened?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Like what happened here?

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Oh wait, the OCers weren't taken out first. Please show me when that has ever happened?
    Aside from the single example of the dude in WI (I think that's where it was) who was specifically targeted for his OC'd carry firearm? Mind you, he wasn't targeted because he OC'd and they were attempting to eliminate the threat to their criminal behavior. He was targeted for robbery because they knew what he had. So not even really the same thing, but it's the only one the "OCers are the first targeted" crowd really has.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Aside from the single example of the dude in WI (I think that's where it was) who was specifically targeted for his OC'd carry firearm? Mind you, he wasn't targeted because he OC'd and they were attempting to eliminate the threat to their criminal behavior. He was targeted for robbery because they knew what he had. So not even really the same thing, but it's the only one the "OCers are the first targeted" crowd really has.

And so has a CCer.

Conceal And Carry Holder Robbed With His Own Gun « CBS Minnesota

In fact, CCers are targeted more per day than OCers. If you go to Guns Save Lives, someone uses a firearm over 1200 times a day. I'll be those are all CC or home defense and not a one was OCing.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis

Wrong. I don't even have that. I'd never heard that story before and I have not a single instance in all of recorded human history that even vaguely demonstrates my point.

There. Give yourself a hand and plant thy banner here.

But I will express the unfounded, non-demonstrable, unproven, unvalidated, non-verifiable personal opinion that any serious bad guy who doesn't check for OCer's first is either blind (thereby explaining his lack of sustainable employment) or freaking stupid, meaning that, if OCer's are not targeted first, it is not due to the intelligence or prudent planning of the criminal in question which is in this instance your good fortune.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But I will express the unfounded, non-demonstrable, unproven, unvalidated, non-verifiable personal opinion that any serious bad guy who doesn't check for OCer's first is either blind (thereby explaining his lack of sustainable employment) or freaking stupid, meaning that, if OCer's are not targeted first, it is not due to the intelligence or prudent planning of the criminal in question which is in this instance your good fortune.
    LOL, well, you just made an argument for OC deterring crime. It's not the checking for OCers that is up for debate. It's the claim that once identified as such, said OCers are targeted for actionable violence.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Wrong. I don't even have that. I'd never heard that story before and I have not a single instance in all of recorded human history that even vaguely demonstrates my point.

There. Give yourself a hand and plant thy banner here.

I will re-read your post after I start drinking tonight. I'm sure it will make since then. :rolleyes:

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    See my other posts - certainly it deters crime. No argument from me.

But not every crime. And in such instances I sincerely hope the bad guy is as incalculably stupid as we all think.

And on those occasions when it doesn't deter crime and the criminal is not an inexplicable idiot - admittedly a thin line - I would fully anticipate being shot at first.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    See my other posts - certainly it deters crime. No argument from me.

But not every crime. And in such instances I sincerely hope the bad guy is as incalculably stupid as we all think.

And on those occasions when it doesn't deter crime and the criminal is not an inexplicable idiot - admittedly a thin line - I would fully anticipate being shot at first.
    Based on what?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom