The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Alt-right. I never heard this term in my life until recently. It comes across to me as just another effort to label a bunch of people, force them all into a single group, and insult them.

The media and Clinton made it a pejorative. The alt-right exists as an ideological group, much like conservatives, with a list of attributes which describes alt-right. I agree with some of those as they are common with some conservatarian attributes. However, I don't agree with the more right-wing collectivist parts of the platform, like nationalism.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CBS News has learned Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions has been named as Trump's pick for Attorney General

More on this. Reagan nominated Sen Sessions for the federal bench in '86. Nomination blew up over Sessions's views on race. Reagan yanked nomination

You can expect those race-related issues to come roaring back.

Also, are the interviews just for show, perhaps? Seems to be choosing loyalists only at the moment. Wonder if discussing this with Cruz was just a head-fake to mess with him.

Edit: Trump picks Rep Pompeo as CIA Chief. This is a good pick

http://freebeacon.com/politics/pompeo-accepts-cia-director-position/

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds as if there were a fair amount of NeverTrumpers booing at Kanye's "vote for Trump" announcement. Some threw shoes at him...

NSFW

[video=youtube;qsA4wAZIy6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsA4wAZIy6Y[/video]

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Eh?

1. Raw vote count is backed up by ballots cast. Actual data.
    2. Allegations that 3 million of this kind of person voted isn't backed up by any data yet.

Current vote count is backed up by ballots counted. Speculation that Hillary will get over 2 million is not. There are as of yesterday about 3 million ballots uncounted in CA alone. 1.7 M absentee and 1.2 M provisional. Absentee ballots historically go about 2 to 1 in favor of repubs. The provisional I have no idea about, or exactly how CA handles them. IN a person who casts a provisional ballot has to appear in person before the Clerk of the county within x number of days of the election they voted in, how many people are going to do so when the outcome if a foregone conclusion? There are also from what I understand 1 million ballots still to be counted in UT. Have any states actually certified the counts yet?

I'm glad you specified yet. I'm sure the data is out there, whether or not it will be made available to the public is a different story. As I stated, I believe that illegals did vote in the election. The number of them that did so is up in the air.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Eh?

1. Raw vote count is backed up by ballots cast. Actual data.
    2. Allegations that 3 million of this kind of person voted isn't backed up by any data yet.

Fallacy. She can't claim to 'win the popular vote' unless you count all of it, even the votes you are not required to count

Else she can only claim to have won 'that portion of the total popular vote which has been counted'

And the total popular vote, if counted, would indeed be backed up with ballots cast. More Clinton shaded facts and half truths

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Feeling like a broken record at this point. Again, popular vote is irrelevant. The people engaging the the talking heads should make the point, over and over. We didn't hold a popular vote election. No one campaigned for a popular vote election. So stop talking about a popular vote election as if it means anything at all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Feeling like a broken record at this point. Again, popular vote is irrelevant. The people engaging the the talking heads should make the point, over and over. We didn't hold a popular vote election. No one campaigned for a popular vote election. So stop talking about a popular vote election as if it means anything at all.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People don't bother to vote if they think the STATE is going to a certain candidate.
    i.e. T.Lex saying that he was not going to vote Trump because Indiana would go to Trump anyhow so his vote would not matter.
    Now, apply that to a place like komifornia on a mass scale when the residents know that komifornia is going blue every.single.time.
    Move to a straight popular vote and see the wheels come off.

It's the old saying:
    "Be careful what you wish for because you may just get it."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People don't bother to vote if they think the STATE is going to a certain candidate.
    i.e. T.Lex saying that he was not going to vote Trump because Indiana would go to Trump anyhow so his vote would not matter.
    Now, apply that to a place like komifornia on a mass scale when the residents know that komifornia is going blue every.single.time.
    Move to a straight popular vote and see the wheels come off.

It's the old saying:
    "Be careful what you wish for because you may just get it."

If I lived in LA I would probably never vote again. If there were any conservative candidates they'd get beat up and down the ticket anyway. It'd just be an act of futility.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom