The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There is a subset of Americans who are racist. If you feel guilty enough to have to bring up token integration of the republican party, maybe the shoe fits......

Sounds like projection to me. And if "token integration" applies to either party, it is the Democrat Plantation, er, Party. Minority groups are nothing more than voting blocs to democrats.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sources now saying this is for Secretary of State.
    Romney as Secretary of State?

Oy vey.

Might as well be Palin.

WTF is going on? Is Trump pandering to the old guard by giving them random places to work?

Wait.

Hold up.

Pence is kinda brilliant, perhaps.

Using HRC as the example, he's putting potential 2020 adversaries in places where they are doomed to fail.

Brilliant.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Same way the term "house ******" or "race traitor" or the calls that any woman who didn't vote for Hillary is a traitor to their sex is. Is it not bigoted/offensive to believe that just because you belong to a certain race/sex/religion/etc you are required to support whatever?

Given that voting based on skin color or gender is not legitimately a part of a given culture (in this case, white people or women), it would certainly be bigoted to think that one should vote according to skin color or gender. Did Horowitz use "renegade Jew" in the context of not voting for someone who was not a Jew? If not, then this analogy does not hold.

That's why context is relevant, to differentiate between the usage merely being negative/critical, and offensive/bigoted/anti-semitic.

You stated that your first presidential vote was for a black man I believe, correct? Would you consider it bigoted if someone wrote an article calling you a "renegade white" simply for your support of that person? Or your non-support/opposition to his opponent?

See above. Yes, obviously.

I have to ask: is there a "white culture" in the same way that there is a Jewish culture? Judaism is a religion, an ethnicity, and a culture. "White" is a skin color.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Obama was hated by a significant subset of Americans because he was black. No getting around that fact. When his wife is referred to as a monkey, you will never convince me that we are in post-racial America.

'Member the Bush years when trashing a person of color in a racial manner was considered "satire" and "art"...

'Member???? I 'member.....

oliphant_rice.gif

racists2.jpg

doonesbury-condi-rice.gif

condi5.png

condoleezza_rice.jpg

RICE-3.png

AuntJemima.jpg

Picture-15.gif

liberalracistcartoon2.jpg

condirice.jpg

Or how about Clarence Thomas????? You 'member?????? I 'member......

236_cartoon_uncle_thomas_emerge_small_over.jpg

32_cartoon_large.jpg

On the PBS all-female talk show To The Contrary on November 4, 1994, host Bonnie Erbe began by promoting the anti-Clarence Thomas bookStrange Justice by liberal reporters Jane Mayer and Jill Abramson. She touted “new allegations corroborating Anita Hill’s charges of sexual harassment against now-Justice Clarence Thomas.” Erbe wondered out loud if public opinion would finally tilt toward Hill instead of Thomas.

In the show’s introduction, left-wing panelist Julianne Malveaux, a USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio host, professed not to care: “I’m more concerned about his reptilian positions against affirmative action and working people.”

But once the show began, Malveaux’s loathing of Thomas grew uglier. “You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease.” When conservative Betsy Hart protested, Malveaux wouldn’t back down. “Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person.”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tim Ryan is challenging Pelosi for leadership... oh **** son. If you cross Pelosi, you best not miss. (Notable, Rep Ryan was pro-life recently.)

Also, Duck Dynasty is going off the air in 2017. I can only assume the cast will be taking over as the White House National Security Council.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, I'm pretty satisfied leaving it right here. We've discovered your default reaction to criticism of Breitbart/Trump/etc... and surely you should be able to apply that to why your fascination with the definition of "renegade" doesn't matter when context is the entire point.

I made my point. I'm happy with it.

This has nothing to do with my alleged "default reaction" to criticism of Breitbart/Trump/etc. It has to do with what still remains an utterly specious claim of anti-semitism on the part of Breitbart and Steve Bannon, based on nothing more than a published headline with the phrase "Renegade Jew". The only point that you've made is that you are unwilling or unable to explain how "Renegade Jew", used in that context, is offensive/bigoted/anti-semitic/whatever.

https://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2016/11/16/the-steve-bannon-bogeyman/?singlepage=true

Why the Big Lie About Steve Bannon? | RealClearPolitics

WaPo "damns him with faint praises"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...8e493f06fcd_story.html?utm_term=.0cf949d700d1

Horowitz: I'm Witnessing a Witch Hunt Based on a Distortion of My Own Words - Breitbart

Wondering why so much smoke and so little fire. The original accusation (that Kristol is a renegade jew) is FROM LAST MAY. If people were going to feign outrage, why not then? And I notice the list of 'news' organizations wanting to fan the flames is a who's who of anti-Trump. Slate, The Atlantic, DailyWire, Mother Jones, HuffPo etc etc. With sources like that ...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Shapiro appears to me to be a fairly honest guy. On occasion I think he gets his logic wrong. But I don't complain about his honesty as pundits go.

I like him...His cousin played the part of "Matilda" in my daughter's favorite movie....

Then..... Now...........

Mara-Wilson.jpg

And boy can you tell they be kin lol...

ben_shapiro.jpg

Early life[edit]

Wilson was born in Burbank, California,[SUP][1][/SUP] on July 24, 1987.[SUP][2][/SUP] She is the daughter of Mike Wilson, a television broadcast engineer, and the late Suzie Shapiro Wilson, a homemaker.[SUP][2][/SUP] Wilson's mother was Jewish, and her father is of part Irish descent.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] She was raised Jewish[SUP][6][/SUP] and became an atheist when she was 15.[SUP][7][/SUP] She has three older brothers named Danny, Jon, and Joel and a younger sister named Anna.[SUP][8][/SUP] Wilson's cousin is political commentator Ben Shapiro.[SUP][9][/SUP] Her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer on March 10, 1995,[SUP][10][/SUP] and died on April 26, 1996, after the filming of Matilda. The movie was released after her death and was dedicated to Suzie's memory.[SUP][11][/SUP] After her mother died, Wilson lost some of her passion for acting.[SUP][12][/SUP]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ben Shapiro worked with him, doesn't like him and doesn't like Trump. He doesn't think Bannon is anti-semitic. That should carry some weight.

Maybe he's not. But would you say it isn't cause for concern, when a guy says that the website he runs is the voice for the alt-right, and there's an article that says explains what the alt-right is? How does one make the disconnect? Does Bannon mean some "other" alt-right which differs from the one explained on his website?
    Have you read the Breitbart article concerning what the alt-right is?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Maybe he's not. But would you say it isn't cause for concern, when a guy says that the website he runs is the voice for the alt-right, and there's an article that says explains what the alt-right is? How does one make the disconnect? Does Bannon mean some "other" alt-right which differs from the one explained on his website?
    Have you read the Breitbart article concerning what the alt-right is?

I read the article, and didn't see the cause for concern that you keep referencing. The self-definition of alt-right excludes racism and white nationalism. It says that the alt-right attracts some who have such persuasions, but that the movement rejects and marginalizes them.

Would you care to specify what parts of that article cause you concern?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom